Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Saturday

A quick start to the thread I need....

Before you do anything else, why not take a look at Croft's post - Stop Beating Yourself Up - that man talks a lot of sense.

Hubby's laptop has died which means we are now vying for time on the PC so I'll be a bit limited for a while. Shame, I see there are loads of new threads that I haven't got time to read so I'll have a bit catch up when he goes away next.

In the meantime have a great Saturday. Check in let us all know how you are doing - just for today.

Bessie xxx

Bessie,

I loved Croft's post about not beating yourself up, however, I do believe Croft is a woman. Or maybe not, she/he talks about hubby...

I am sad to be on here right now. Not sleeping.

However, I have been reading about the fact that many gastric bypass patients turn to alcohol after losing their weight. How horrible. I am a GP patient and did become an alcoholic afterwards. Crap.

The good news is, many have found help through counseling, which I am starting next week.

I hope I don't lose my job over this crap but I must take care of myself.

Don't mean to be a downer, I am just looking at the root cause of my addiction and realizing I have much more work to do before I can beat it.

Hope all today meet their goals whatever they are.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

3days Af

Hi bessie ,db2 and everyine below.

Quick posts today got a lot of housework to do today. :upset:
      db2 i go counseling sessions it does help. good luck and tare care of yourself.

love
      Tearrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

yeah well thanks to croft's post i won't be beating myself up today.
        had no plan yesterday except to have a glass of wine which turned into a bottle. then opened a second bottle... when hubby got home at 7:30 i was "sleeping" on the couch @#$#@#. great mom. I did rally, eat and have my daughter give me a pedicure. i am going to get some lglutamine today becaouse i feel it is the carb craving that pushes me to the brink. I still will walk perhaps i won't wear a hat and let my head freeze to enhance the hangover and punish myself a little more
        thanks for being here
        love rudemama

Comment

Hi everyone

Just a quick post from me as it's family time and I have a million and one things to do. I too loved Croft's post. The important thing is that we are here and we are all trying, thats the main thing. Have a great week-end one and all.

Rustop

Comment

Morning all
            Think I am beginning to dislike the weekends!!!.....To much to do, so little time.....off to work...A good weekend to all, and for those in the "End of the Month" club.....6 days to go!
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning everyone. Bessie my laptop died too, awaiting a "new" refurbished ebay one should be here next week. I love your new avatar Teardrop. Got to read Croft's post next. Cindi, go for counseling or whatever you need, more tools in this battle we are in, the better we can understand it and defeat it! Rudemama be good to yourself. Rustop, you have super energy!! I have chores up the wazoo today. :h to all who check in!
              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Good morning all!
                Add me to the list of people who benefitted from reading Croft's post yesterday. I was feeling a little down about my lack of ability to make any long term goals, and after reading that I felt better about my daily attainable goals.

I did ok last night, we went to see a comedian and I didn't rush out for another beer quick before they close the vending area like I usually do. Just had one.

Today, like you Teardrop, I have a lot of housework to do as tomorrow will be busy with other activities with my kids.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
                Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Morning all.

Bessie, hope you have a great hunt! You do have energy-I wish I had half of yours. Thanks for mentioning Croft's post. Love it.

Cindi, am too seeing a counselor. It does help, but I want instant gratificaton. This too is a process. If you are not comfortable with the first one, get someone else.My counselor wants me to go to AA. I refuse to go, said that I have so much support here, 24/7. She said that she would hope I would meet some new friends through AA. Would rather hang out with friends here.

Charlee, Rustop, Suzanna and Teardrop, sound like you all have a busy weekend ahead of you. Structure is good. Keeps Al out of sight. I know weekends are tough for me. Especially, since I'm still on the bed with my laptop. Need to get up and out of here and go for a walk.

Rude, wear a hat! No need to punish yourself more!

Hope all ODATers have a great day.

Comment

Hi guys! Bessie, thanks for starting the thread.

I agree, Crofts post was fantastic - I think everyone should read it.

Cin, hon, I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now - stay close, you know we love you - and we know you can do it.

Rudemama, been there done that - a walk is a good idea, get some fresh air and drink lots of water today.

Rustop, Charlee, Teardrop, Deena, Suzanna, Suki and the rest to follow - have a great day.

Day 6 for me........looking forward to the end of the month and to have achieved that small goal for me. ODAT.

Love and hugs,
                    UNI
                    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                    :h

Comment

Hi Everyone: We only have to stay AF today. We don't have to make an abs plan for the future. I'm feeling pretty strong & will stay AF today.

Cindi: You are not a downer. I think it's an excellent move to go into counseling. I think that finding out the root cause for our compulsions & addictions is what's needed for long-term recovery. In the meantime, don't stay away from MWO. You don't always have to be up-beat & wise to be here. Once in a while, we Moms can be needy. That's the human condition.

Love, Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

thanks for the support guys :h
                        i did take a walk and i wore a hat
                        i feel better
                        off to bring dd to basketball
                        thanks for everything
                        rudemama

Comment

Hi everyone - late getting on today as been really busy in the house; went for a swim this morning; a walk with hubby and gardened this afternoon so plenty of exercise today! I am finding the exercise is definitely helping my "happy" hormones which in turn has an affect on my drinking habits.

Which leads me to last night......Well, hubby has been away all week and was due in late last night so I prepared a light supper .....which was accompanied by a bottle of .... champage...which he brought home. There!! I've said it, I've been open and honest!!!! I didn't feel guilty though because it was with food, with hubby, candles etc (what was I to do???) and I just had 2 glasses - how very "normal" eh??

Yep, taking Croft's advice and not beating myself up....I don't feel as if I've slipped... I feel great at the moment and I'm sure its the exercise but also coming on here every day "chatting" to you guys and reading your progress. For the first time in months I feel happy....and, I don't feel lonely.

With much love and gratitude.....

Janicexxx
                          AF since 9 May 2012
                          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Janice,
                            I'm so glad you feel happy and not lonely. I feel the same - sharing our successes on here is a great way to help us to overcome this addiction. Good on you for stopping at 2 glasses! And I'm glad you had such a wonderful night with your husband.

ODAT, right guys! Best wishes everyone.

Love you all, this thread has become my haven, I look forward to talking to you all everyday.

Uni
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

Hi everyone, good Saturday to all. Had a great day yesterday, put my ipod on and cleaned the whole house top to bottom, singing at the top of my voice, thinking this is the way to live, hangover free, alcohol free. COme 8:00 p.m. (my witching hour) I thought I can do this I can have a beer. I had 5........not the usual 8 -10, I can't say I enjoyed them, because I was thinking of MWO and thinking you all got me through 4 AF days, why couldn't I have gone more? But I don't have a hangover today, I'm not beating myself up, I'm going to jump back in and start over. Thanks everyone for your inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                              X