GABA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GABA

Today I got some relief from serious cravings for the first time.

I went and bought some GABA from GNC, but this time the GABA I bought was not in pill form but in capsule (read that gelatin capsule) form and I let is dissolve in my mouth first.

After Googling and reading today, it was stated that the power form was better than capsule and it really did help. Not a placebo effect, I don't do placebo effects, I am way too much of an alkie for that.

I relaxed, sat with hubby and granddaughter and watched on of the Planet Earth cds and actually made it through both episodes on the cds!!! OMG!! Prior to tonight, I would have been pacing the floor and on MWO and casting about for where to get some booze or whatever.

How much GABA do you guys take, is any source better than another and THANK GOD I happened to read the updated supps list today. It helped a lot.

btw, in my case, I think rather than take in am, when I am usually already relaxed, evenings would be better. Any advice from others on this?

Any and all advice/observations/knowledge welcome in advance.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

GABA

heya Cindi, glad your getting some relief with that. I'm quite happy with Gaba Plus from Twinlabs. it's a combo with inositol and it's quite good for me. I try to take it at night as it makes me a little sleepy.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

GABA

Glad you found something that worked for you Cindi! Have you tried the GABA from the MWO health store? I'd expect that product to be of the best quality for fighting off cravings.
      Marcie

Comment

GABA

I take 750mg tablet it's big and hard to swallow but it makes a difference.
        it took like a month for my system to start noticing, but I am hyper and paranoid all the time.
        I read that GABA taken in doses less than 750mg doesn't work and 1000mg is ideal the powder stuff works faster.
        it also helps your body produce more human growth hormone. it has certainly chilled me out and the supplements help a lot too.

Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

GABA

trixietrack;264592 wrote: I take 750mg tablet it's big and hard to swallow but it makes a difference.
          it took like a month for my system to start noticing, but I am hyper and paranoid all the time.
          I read that GABA taken in doses less than 750mg doesn't work and 1000mg is ideal the powder stuff works faster.
          it also helps your body produce more human growth hormone. it has certainly chilled me out and the supplements help a lot too.

Trix
          Thanks Trixie for the information. I was taking 1000 mg of Gaba but cut down to 500mg. I will go back up to 1000 mg then.

I like to take it at the same time as the l-glut, I think I will raise that back up to 1000 mg too.

I was feeling much better when I was taking 1000 mg of Gaba and 1000 mg of lglut than when I cut both down to 500 mg.

Comment

GABA

Hi All,

Does anyone get a rush from taking Gaba & L-Glut together?
            I take powder form of both with water and after a few minutes get a rush of heat and tingling mainly in my face. It does feel weird but good as well.

It does settle me down and I do relax more when I take it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shas
            Shas
            Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

GABA

I got some GABA capsules from Bio-Recovery-- they are just 100mg GABA in each capsule. That means I have to take 10 at a time? This seems strange. And very expensive.
              (They also contain 500mg inositol and 50mg valerian.)

Also, isn't L-glut kind of the same as GABA?-- I mean isn't it turned into GABA or something? I'm confused.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

GABA

I'm responding to Sharyn's comment about tingling-I started GABA today, two 750mg capsules, and after about one hour, I got this strange heat-tingling sensation about my face and arms. It was weird--not bad, just weird.

Comment

GABA

Beatle,

I am not sure about your tablets. My GABA is 750 mg capsules, GABA only. I have started taking one in the a.m. and one at night.

Do not take 10 tablets. :H

Sharyn,

Yes, I get a weird tingling in my face and arms. It goes away within a few minutes, though.

The GABA does seem to help much.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

GABA

I too get that tingling feeling...then a sense of calm. Gotta say...I look forward to it...I know, I am a wierd one...:H
                    formerly known as bak310

Comment

GABA

GABA gives me a headache. I have just started taking natrum muriaticum. I'll keep you up on how that works.
                      M

Comment

GABA

This GABA is not to be confused with GHB with a street name of GABA. I looked it up on wikipedia and got completely freaked out by what I read. GHB is the date rape drug, illegal in many countries but available in America. I'm somewhat relieved after reading the bottle I purchased, yes, shame on me for not doing the research first, but I was desperate, and the bottle says gamma-aminobutyric acid. GHB is gamma-hydroxybutyric acid. What's the difference? I'm not going to take any more of it though until I figure out what the difference is. I'm at the point right now though that I'd rather be drinking than going through withdrawals, again. This sucks! If you have any info, I'd love to hear it.
                        Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want most

Comment

GABA

Newbeginnings, please be careful. not to freak you out but withdrawal can be serious.
                          if you do it at home and don't think you are too bad off at the very least take extra Bvitamins, (most importantly B1) and magnesium. that has helped me with mild detoxing at home (although still really crappy).
                          I'm sure if you got something labeled GABA at a health food store it is the proper one. sorry I don't have my medical info with me as I'm on travels.
                          and a big Welcome! you've found a great community.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

GABA

Okay, I went and talked to my favorite pharmacists at my grocery store about GABA and anti-depressants. The is no contraindication. However, it does lower your blood pressure. They said to be careful for the first month or so, so if you jump out of a chair you might faint. Well, that happens rarely.

I'm ordering it pronto! HTHs someone!
                            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

GABA

Noelle,

Thank you for the research!!!

That could explain the "light headedness" I expereience for 30 minutes or so. Hmm. My bp is already good and if it lowers it...

Good on you for checking into it with someone "in the know."

Really gotta go to bed now...

See you all when I get home tomorrow!!

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X