Newbie in Need ODAT - Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, can't believe that I'm starting today's ODAT thread. Poor Bessie must be plum tuckered out from hunting.

BAD day for me yesterday. Won't go into in right now, but know that my friends in my life, including those at
    MWO are more important to me than my family, This thread is my lifeline. Feel more relaxed, just posting. Hope all have a great day and meet your goals.

xxxxx Suki

HI

I did really good last night at a Party, everyone drinking AL I managed to have one drink.

Suki I hope you have a much better day and remember ODAT.

Em

Comment

Good for you Em for last night's party! Thanks for you your good thoughts. Today WILL be better. ODAT

Comment

Hi Suki

Sorry you had such a bad day and thank you for starting the thread. I DID have a lie in this morning - bliss!! Just checking in before starting the day's work.

Good night out last night - dinner with friends. Driving so it was easy to drink water.

Hope to log in again later.

Bessie xxx

Comment

Hi everyone

Thanks for starting the thread Suki, its the first thing I look for when I log onto MWO. Sorry you didnt have a great day yesterday, hope today is better.

I'm off to get the Sunday papers and intend to sit down and have a good read and a nice cup of coffee. Enjoy the day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Good Morning ODATers,

Suki - sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Hopefully today is as good as yesterday was bad!!

EM, RU, Bessie, it sure sounds like you are all doing well.

Yes, remember, ODAT. It sure is easier that way.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

hi all,
              suki sad about your bad day
              I am glad you can find support
              I am cooking for a baby shower brunch, my friend is having twins.....I want to get outside again today that seemed to help so much yesterday
              the days are getting longer yeah
              good day and good luck
              rudemama

Comment

Bessie, Rustop, Rudemana and Cindi, just wrote what I thought a brilliant post and hit the wrong button. GONE.

Wanted to thank you for your support. Wanted to tell you all that your good wishes were so much more important to me than the insincere words of my sister.

Cindi, have been going through therapy. Tough for me, because my dad was a surgeon, if there was a problem, you cut it out, not talk about it. By talking, I have discovered that I do not like my sister, my closest family member. I need support, not my sister pontificating her beliefs and criticising me because I am not the same as she is.

Will be going for a long walk today, finally found my iPod. Then will come home and call my sister to tell her I don't want here to drive down on tuesday to go to court with me. Had calls from so many friends yesterday who offered to take the day off to go with me. Unconditionlal support, unlike my sister who accuses me of drinking when I've been AF for so long; oops had been.

I've said this before, but ODAT and those who post here are so important to me

My thanks, my love. Looking forwar to a long walk, good music and the strength I need t speak with my sister.

Comment

Good morning everyone- it's rainy here in sunny Florida- yesterday was the Gasparilla parade in Tampa~ a celebration of pirates and buccaneers~ :banana: I've never seen so many drunk people~ men of all ages dressed like pirates, carrying oodles of beads. Most of the beads are thrown into the crowd, but some of the dudes trade them for kisses or hugs.... I wonder if any of the gals woke up today, wondering if she really did let the nasty drunk guy squeeze her boob?... Man, it was AL at it's finest. :k

Anyway Suki, I started my day yesterday writing some one-liners for Miss Tea, who works with an obnoxious drinker. Do you want any zingers?ull:

Cindy, are you jam shopping today? I think I'm going to have a GRILLED PBJ for breakfast... melted peanut butter is the best comfort food.

Have a great day, everyone! :heart:

Patty
                  Tampa, FL

Comment

Patty, you are brilliant! Grilled PB&J. Just bought some incredible home made jam yesterday. Don't have a toaster, it broke, a grilled PB&J would be awesome. Thank you!!!! Comfort food at it's finest. Sick of microwave mashed potatoes with butter, cheese, salsa and sour cream!!

Would love some one-line zingers!

Comment

Suki, Good for you getting real support when you need it. I am glad you have people around you to help with the court issue. you don't want to go alone, but you don't need your sister so that is good. I am going for a walk now. then I will put together 4 quiches , potato leek, pepper mushroom , broccoli cheddar. comfort food. Thinking of you. rudemama

Comment

Hi everyone!! Suki, I know how draining families can be (especilly sisters!!). When dad died in June, mine took over all of the funeral arrangements as she "wanted to do this one last thing for him" (shame she couldn't have been there for him and more supportive when he was alive...but we won't go there). Basically, she is a bit of a bully, to put it mildly, and wanted her own way about everything. I don't know how we managed to sort dad's flat out without world war 3 erupting but somehow we did (email has done wonders for our relationship - we live at opposite ends of the county btw!) and we are managing to somehow work together as executors of dad's estate.

Anyway, just be strong, believe in yourself and what you are doing.....we are all here for you, you know that.

Well, I'm not totally AF (had 2 glasses of red last night, again with my meal) but I have made some big changes to my life this week and I can feel the difference. I haven't felt this happy for months. I feel in control of my life again. This week I need to be disciplined though and intend to stay close to MWO.

Went swimming again this morning and have just returned from a long walk with hubby. Called in at a pub with him and when he asked me what I wanted I found myself ordering a coffee!!! His jaw dropped!! And, there we both were lunchtime, an absolutely glorious day in Kent, sitting looking at the beautiful scenery with a coffee in our hands!! Hard to believe. Getting in the garden this afternoon.

Good luck to everyone today.......you don't realise how much you have helped me this week.

Janicexxx
                        AF since 9 May 2012
                        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

I feel in control of my life again.

Janice, that is awe-inspiring. :heart: I want to be like that! Much love,

Patty
                          Tampa, FL

Comment

Janice,

Awww. :l :l :l

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good morning everyone!
                              Just checking in quick before the rest of my day is tied up with my kids activities and studying. Suki, sorry you had a bad day yesterday...families can be a b*tch, can't they? Hang in there and do what's best for YOU!

Sounds like everyone else had a pretty good day/night last night...that's GREAT! I'll try and come back later to catch up on all who come after me.
                              Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Working...
                              X