Superbowl Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superbowl Party

Well it's 7 days before the NFL Superbowl (US football). Making plans this week for the game. What will everyone else be doing??

I will be AF....even if i stay home...

Weighing my options:

1) Friend's house with good food and large screen tv.
    *younger crowd that gets crazy, knowledgeable football fans.

2) Another friend's house with good food and poor tv.
    *crowd cares more about "partying" than the game...walking distance to home.

3) Stay at home with my cats...
    *eat a good meal and go to bed early if the game is boring.
    -maybe, is the new maybe-

Superbowl Party

oh yeah i almost forgot....

GO PATS !!!!

Comment

Superbowl Party

I'll be watching at home with Hubby. May have a beer or two at the most. May not have anything. He doesn't drink, so I know it will be limited if I do chose to have any. Not very into the Superbowl since the Packers are not there :boohoo: .

Go GIANTS!
      Marcie

Comment

Superbowl Party

hi there..i say number #1 but hey who said you have to drink . just go and have a great time with friends.and if it gets too much. just leave.why let alcohol control what you like do..have a great sunday.live it enjoy ti
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Superbowl Party

Treeman - yeah #1 sounds good if you feel up to the "task at hand" of stay AF.

I discovered last weekend that sports was another one of my "triggers" that leads me to drinking. Last w/e, big game starting (NE vs SC) - I was excited and decided I wanted a beer to watch the game. I was good and grabbed a non-alcohol one. You know 3 hrs later, game ends and that damn beer was still half full! I didn't actually "want" the beer. My brain "triggered" oooh game time equals beer time!!

Be careful and just figure out what your triggers are and then defend yourself against them! Go and have fun, but just remember ...game time does not equal drink time.

Stay strong!

Love, Me
          :l

GO, PATS!!!![/COLOR]
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Superbowl Party

Thankful, I agree, AF beer is the best for watching sports. You can remember the game!

Treeman, will be tempted by #1, but will probably, follow # 3 and call my 97 year old grandmother's cousin who knows more about football than all of the talking heads.

treeman and thankful, I love the PATS, but where is Tom? Smoke screen?

I love all of Boston sports, Kevin G came out of the locker room last night with an injury in the 4th quarter to win the game. He pulled his jersey out and kept yelling "I am a Celtic."

I am so proud that my grandfather was one of the original owners of the Boston Bruins, one of the original six and the first team to hire Willie O'Ree, the first black Canadian to play for the NHL.

Boston sports rocks!

Comment

Superbowl Party

Suki - Boy, I'm impressed! I have an old Bruins jacket that is reversable. Outside is an a replica of the old Bruins patches on chest and arm. The inside back has emblem of very old style skates and Bruins logo.

I can not wear it anywhere without someone offering me money for it. One guy went as high as $500. I really needed the money, but told him no way! I've never seen one like it since.

Love, Me
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Superbowl Party

Suki....very sorry about your affinity for everything Boston....

i grew up in Buffalo.....I was a Canadians fan before we had a NHL team in 1971.

I am a Reds fan...Johny Bench played minor league in Niagara Falls.....AL i am a Jays fan....90 miles away....

BUFFALO BILLS.....i've lived through the good and the bad....

i will root for the pats because i really hate the dolphins.....

Comment

Superbowl Party

Just to keep things interesting, and I am from NY....GO GIANTS!!! Tree, do what you gotta do...I'd go for the good TV or home..
                  Chef Robaire
                  Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
                  Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

Superbowl Party

Go Giants, only ''cause hate the Pats.

Comment

Superbowl Party

I live in Boston, can't wait to hear Mayor Mumbles say "wolling wally" once again.

Go Pats.

Comment

Superbowl Party

OH my what a situation I'm in. I love the Pats and I love the Giants! Brady has been there done that! Eli hasn't. But Randy Moss went to high school next door to where I lived, I would like to see him have a Superbowl Ring. Nope Strahan deserves it more. Go BIG BLUE! Going to try not to drink to much, superbowl is a toughie for me. Last year drank the Heineken mini keg by myself that I don't want to repeat!
                        M

Comment

Superbowl Party

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Superbowl Party

WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!

That was one of the best games I ever did see!!! They tromped Brady. Defense, Defense, Defense!!!!!

:goodjob:

Comment

Superbowl Party

Well, whoever you were rooting for, it was a darn good game. I don't generally like defensive games, but this was amazing.

I hope that no one drank more than they planned to.
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X