Sun. - Jan. 27 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some of you see me as inspirational, but I'm struggling just like everyone else who is just starting out. I won't go into the gory details, but I'm having a hard time being AF. I will promise:
    1. to come to MWO no matter what.
    2. to always tell the truth.
    3. to never, ever give up or give in.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mary!.....what is going on in your life that you think taking a drink will make it better?

Getting drunk will just piss you off, piss your family off, and again, make you feel ashamed and guilty.

Listen to me.....those 3 promises are very sincere and honest, but you may as well just typed...1. Look, I'm going to drink. 2. I'm going to come on MWO and tell you. 3. but I'll never stop trying to quit (until next time, and then we start back at #1)

Come on, Mary....don't do it. Don't talk yourself into failure.
    Taking a drink will solve nothing.....nothing. It will only add to your problems.

What can I do to help you?

Don

Comment

hi there ..happy sunday.you sound like you know what you want .so keep it up and just take it one day at a time.. good luck
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Don: This is something I have to do for myself. M
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Ya think?

Comment

Wowee, chief. opend up greeneyes eyes. Thanks.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Don: I absolutely must be able to come to MWO. I'm doomed if I don't. I have quite a bit of intestinal fortitude...have been through a lot. This addiction has a grip on me. That does not imply that I'm not working at stopping. M
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Whoa,

Mary, I so know where you are right now. There is something "wrong" with us that to this date only alcohol has been able to "fix" -- yeah right!!

Don is only trying to help.

Yes, Mary, this is something only you can do yourself but you also know that the support here is invaluable. Please hang on.

I am and that is something.

Love you,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Come on, Mary....stay strong and focused. Get obsessed with NOT taking a drink...

Just do whatever it takes to not drink today....concentrate on today.

Don

Comment

Mary....don't be reading something into my posts that aren't there. Of course I want you to come here whenever you want.....that's a given.

But I've seen this before with you, and I am just trying to help. Your post today did not say I will not drink today...as you usually do. It said you are having a hard time today and will always tell us the truth, and will never give up. Well, that's great...but what about drinking today?

Your post suggests to me that you have put drinking today on the table as a viable option.
                    Is it or isn't it? Are you going to allow it to be a battle all day or have you already decided which way you are going? That's all I'm saying. We come here when we're struggling to reach out for help and I think that's what you are doing. I'm not one who will say, "poor baby...it's o.k....go ahead and drink because it will be alright tomorrow..." I 'm just trying to help you to not take that drink.

Comment

tk: Thank you. I will read my old posts. I know that will help. In the meantime, I did not drink today. M
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Guys,
                        I haven't been around in quite awhile. I've been in a bit of a slump and haven't felt like getting on the computer to talk to anyone or deal with people in general. I am still sober by the grace of God..I will have 5 months on the 4th of February. I am bipolar and whilst in my happy upper phaze I ran my credit cards up rather high I believe I was trying to fill up the pain I was feeling by buying "stuff" to fill up the void. Much like I used the alcohyol and drugs in the past. Reality has come crashing in on me as of late though and things have been a little tough here. I have been going to meetings just recently again and am due to start training for a new job in the beginning of February. I should be able to file papers on my ex for custody/visitation of my daughter within a couple of weeks (my lawyer says..also. It seems this has all taken forever though. Then there's my immediate family which is extremely unsupportive and very much into their own lives. It's pretty hurtful because I feel that when they needed me I was there for them. I know that I can't get better by wallowing in self pity and pain forever though so I have to dry my tears and pick my self up and look ahead....take Gods hand and let him lead me where I need to go.
                        What else can I do??
                        At least I was able to have a civil conversation with my mother yesterday....there was no warmth involved but at least it wasn't hostile. Maybe that's all we can do for now...maybe that's all there is. She's got my sister and her grandkids. It hurts though that she never even cared for my kids. They are her grandchildren too. It's very complicated...I've already said more here than anyone probably wants to bother reading........get a therapist..right
                        Oh well, Take care..bye for now

Comment

Mary - stay vigilant!
                          Supporting you all the way.

Dx
                          * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Drinking is not an option for me. Once I start, I get right into alcoholic drinking. So, I know that I cannot indulge any fantasies about drinking at all. An AF lifestyle is what I want for myself. I don't even want to read about moderating my drinking, because I know I can't. It's black & white for me.

I will be vigilant. I also know that if I do not come to MWO every day, I will never get better. I know that if I'm not honest, I will never get better. I am not willing to give up. Yes, I've made mistakes. I've admitted that, because it's an important part of my recovery. In the short time I've been here, I've seen too many people just disappear from the boards. I think it's because of the embarrassment, & more importantly, they will then have free rein to drink. At least I think that's the motivation...it would be for me if I stayed away from MWO. With that, I'm going to say goodnight. I'll be here in the AM. I'm proud to say I did not drink today. Mary
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary,

You are absolutely, 100% correct!!!

Well done on not drinking today, Mary..

Sleep Well,
                              Don

Comment

Working...
                              X