hi there.WOW i was blown AWAY tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my oldest son surprise me,in the past,my son and i have talk alot and told me much more then i want to hear. that he was doing drugs and drinking.getting into fights and all that other stuff, and tonight we went to a meeting and both my sons bugging me to share. and i did. and a few minutes after the next person share. my oldest son puts up his hand and start to share. he said his name and that he is a recovering addict and all that he did,god i was blown away my ex wife and my girl friend had tears in their eyes and yes me too . i just couldnt beleive it for him to open up the way he did .i was so proud him. and i thank god that am not drinking now because tonight would have never happen.................i have two boys 14 and 16 so that you can understand why am so surprise..................................god works in mysterious ways... just look for the signs.
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

tlrgs....

So glad you shared that. Sounds like good things are happening in your family, and thank goodness you were right there to see it!

I'm excited for you and your family.

P4T
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

tlrghs, good for you and your son, that took some guts, he probably got them from you
      sigpic

Comment

Oh how wonderful. You must truly be a shining light at the end of the tunnel for him. Wooo Hoo! What a night for you!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

tlrgs - sorry to hear your son is having problems, but how wonderful it is that he has the courage to seek out help. Boy, if so many of us had his wisdom and courage at that age, so many of us would not be in the state we are in today. It's great you are on your way to being a healthier and happier dad. You must have done something right in inspiring him.

Thank you for sharing that.

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

T - that is so beautiful .. thank you for sharing .. your family is healing!! Please keep posting , you help inspire me/us.
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

tlrgs

Sometimes we speak in gentle ways to our children. It sounds like you may have done that with your son. You spoke to him by example.

Such a lovely story. God bless you and your family.
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

tlrgs, you are so blessed. To have a family who is open and honest with one another, and wanting to heal. You are an amazing dad!

Comment

tlrgs,

How wonderful for you and your son. I am touched for you both.

God Bless you and thank you for sharing that wonderful story.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

how wonderful!!

tlgs, that story brought tears to my eyes, how wonderful of a relationship you must have w/ your children, what a brave son, wanting to get help, and yes, you are leading by example...............take care of yourself and all other things will fall into their place................that is truly a GOD thing!!!

Lots of love,:h :l :h

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

This is one fantastic story!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X