How Long To See Results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long To See Results?

I am on the third day at only 50 mg. of Topamax. The book mentions that I'll go up to 300 mg. So far, the only difference I can tell is in taste buds for carbonated beverages. It has not caused any difference in my desire for alcohol. Will this occur later on? I'm anxious to see some results at some point. I appreciate feedback from others. Thanks.

How Long To See Results?

:welcome: haven't tried Topa, just wanted to say hi and welcome you
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

How Long To See Results?

Hi: I am not on Topa, but did a lot of reading about it this weekend. There is a forum under General Info called "topamax, Campral . . . and other meds, and a thread in that section called Topamax survey in which people comment on dose and experiences. You might post there and get some folks who use to respond, or read the responses, as they were very helpful. Just a heads up that this site has revised the dosing of Topa, to reflect the fact that most folks don't get to 300. My doc says 150 is common in his experience, and the survey respondants seemed to say 150 - 200. There is also a fair amount of discussion in that thread on how quickly to increase dosages, etc.
      Hope that helps. If I knew how to include a direct link to the thread i would, but I'm not that computer literate.

Best of luck to you. Let us all know how you are doing.

G

Comment

How Long To See Results?

needtocope;262664 wrote: I am on the third day at only 50 mg. of Topamax. The book mentions that I'll go up to 300 mg. So far, the only difference I can tell is in taste buds for carbonated beverages. It has not caused any difference in my desire for alcohol. Will this occur later on? I'm anxious to see some results at some point. I appreciate feedback from others. Thanks.
        Here's a direct link to the forum where you can read a lot about Topa, and other supplements.
        Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

I received my Topa but haven't started taking it yet, I'm concerned about the mental acuity side effects as it is critical I be "sharp" for my job and a certification I am currently working on.

I found the information people posted on the forum here to be very helpful and informational.
        Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Working...
        X