Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankful for MWO and ALL of you

Hey everyone,
    I have something to share. I confessed my alcohol addiction with my family this weekend. My brother said he knew, and my mom told me she used to have problems with the bottle. There were plenty of tears, tons of apologies and more understanding than I expected.
    I guess i felt the need to confess, because if my family knows what i am up to, maybe it will keep me from drinking so much. Maybe.

I called in sick to work today, party from being really hung over, and partly because I didn't sleep all night because I was having such bad anxiety. I needed a day to really think. And I did, I ordered the kudzu and I'll get the book too, and of course I'll keep coming here to talk about the struggles I will face with each new day.

I can't thank you all enough for being here, and giving me the courage to face reality. I found this site by accident, but I am realizing now, I was very deliberately brought here.

It is a really comforting feeling knowing I am NOT ALONE, eventhough it saddens me to think there are other people out there fighting these same feelings I am. Just know I am here for you, the same way you have been for me.

I love you all, thanks for the constant support.
    sigpic

Down 2 - that is great, I can feel the relief in your message.

You are definitly not alone here, we all become a new family on this site. I too found this site by accident but I believe it was a matter of fate that got me here.

I am so glad that your family was supportive - I will be looking forward to your posts and hope to be able to assist you with your triumphs and your struggles.

Good luck!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

:welcome:

I am happy things went well for you when you told your family. You are so very blessed.

You will never be alone here, this I can guarantee you! Happy you found us!

Comment

hi there..i am soo happy for you ...and i know feeling with the family am glad it went well..hats off to you. good luck and keep on posting
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Downtoearth, I am so happy that your family is supportive. I only wish that for all of us here. Did you know your mom also battled the bottle? That must have been something to hear. I agree, with Uni. You can almost hear you breath a sigh of relief as you typed this out.

You've come a long way, hun. Keep posting and reading. It's all part of the journey and learning process. Good luck! We are here for you and thank you for being there for us.

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I did breathe a sigh of relief!! It's funny how well you people know me, and you don't even know me.

I sorta knew my mom fought the bottle, but I guess not to the extent she did. She told me she once went to my brother's cub scout meeting completely hammered.

She would hide liquor bottles all over our house. I do the same thing, there are empties and partials all over this place. But i think admitting to her my AL problems helped her to talk to me about her AL problems too.

We came to this realization today that problems with AL is not something we chose to do, but damn it, we can choose to do something about it!

I was able to quit smoking, and sure every now and then I like having a puff or 2, but I haven't bought my own cigarettes in over a year. I can't lie and say that was easy, because I picked it up again a few times before I was able to completely kick the habit. The thing is now, I really hate the smell of smoke. A few slips was nothing compared to how good it feels to not cough up dry phlegm in the morning! Think how good I'll feel when I can wake up a with out a hangover!!
            sigpic

Comment

Awesome Down2Earth!!!! I found telling people to be helpful, even if they were not all that supportive. Saying it brought it to reality that this is what I want to do.
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: good 4 u downtoearth! I am glad your family is understanding . that must be SUCH a relief. Me, other than my MWO pals, there's only one other person on earth who knows about me.
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Dexterhead, you don't need to advertise this, it's no one's business but your own. I am glad you are here.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know, but it would be nice to have people in my non-MWO life to help me, like family .. but now you guys are my family :l
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Good for you! It is great that you have another support system.

As for me and myself, we are serving MWO. sign

You and I should go for coffee soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X