What the heck???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck???

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I'm on Day 8 AF (I don't think I've seen that since I was about 16). Anyway I thought by now I'd be jumping up and down for joy and patting myself on the back (I made it through a weekend much to my amazement!!). But my problem is I'm just too freakin tired to jump anywhere!! All I want to do is sleep. I thought not drinking was supposed to feel good!! Instead I feel like a slug. Has anyone ever had this happen? The funny thing is that I know if I had a glass a wine I would perk right up. What is that???? Help!!!
    It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
    It's time to be a big girl now....

What the heck???

IKnow, this is not that unusual. It is our bodies trying to adjust to the changes and ridding ourselves of poison; think how tiring that must be. It will get better. Make sure you are taking your vitamins. When we drink, our bodies get so depleted of things we need to badly.
    Hang in there!
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

What the heck???

I have had the same problem. I have only been 10 days (but did have wine twice) and have been sooooo tired and sluggish. I am taking Campral, so maybe that's it. If anyone knows anything about this I'd like to hear about it. Hope our tiredness goes away soon

Comment

What the heck???

IKnow - yes this seems to be pretty much the norm for a lot of people. It was for me anyway. Your body is going through a lot of changes and it is learning to cope and heal. So yes, getting tired goes with the process. Listen to what your body tells you. If it needs rest, then rest.

Make sure you are taking at least a good multivitamin and drink a lot of water. Other suggested supps will help too, but you will get more advice on this from other posters. This phase should be over soon. But you have to take care of yourself.

Hang in there. Congrats on your 8 days! You are doing great!

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

What the heck???

Oops - didn't realize I was duplicating Luka's post! Great minds think alike!! :H Phone rang while I was typing mine out and when I started, no one had answered you yet! lol

Sorry.
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

What the heck???

hi there.iknow dont worry it only get better .drink alot of water and yes take you vitamins.and keep it up
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

What the heck???

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to hear its pretty normal. I have been taking all the supplements and my cravings have gone way down...so I don't want to go back to drinking just to get some energy. How stupid would that be. But I definitely have done it in the past when I didn't realize what was going on in my body. Thanks again. I haven't been posting much, but I read alot and you are all a great inspiration to me!!!:thanks:
              It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.

Comment

What the heck???

My lethargy lasted about 4 weeks, but after that? You couldnt' stop me!! (that's when the spring cleaning stage begins!)
                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

What the heck???

No kidding about the spring cleaning!!!! This is day 21 and this weekend I cleaned my house from top to bottom and it took both days!!!!

Comment

What the heck???

IKnowIt's True: yes, that exact same thing happened to me last year when I quit for about 10 days. I was so exhausted I could barely get dressed .. yuck. felt so damned bad I started drinking again. but now i have found out that's pretty normal for many of us to feel worse for a bit before feeling better.
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

What the heck???

Yes, know how that feels. It's an exhausting process for the body to detox. We spent a lot of time getting into an intoxicated state, so it will take a little while. Just do the supplements and drink as much water as you can.
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

What the heck???

same here, took me about 2 weeks to not be tired or feel lazy. I started exercising, it was amazing that burning energy actually produces more. I would recommend taking it slow if you execise as your body is getting rid of the toxins. Drinking lots of water is a great idea.

Comment

What the heck???

Hi as flip says i also found it took about 4 weeks ,now i feel full of energy....hang in there...day 8 is great you should be feeling a little better every day now
                          Jacqui xxx
                          Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

What the heck???

Thanks again!! I hope the spring cleaning thing kicks in..the house is a mess!!! But you've given me much inspiration to hang in there.

Comment

What the heck???

Oh Joy! I am going to have to go through a lot, I can see.

Comment

Working...
                              X