Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - ODAT - TUESDAY

Hello All,
    I thought I would start the thread today. It seems like an honor. I just want to tell you all why I keep coming here day after day.Everyday when I got home from junior high and high school I saw my mom sitting in her chair smoking and drinking. She was sad and lonely. I felt so bad. I won't get into all the details, but I began to see myself in the chair. I was terrified.I am not always af but get alot of days in....I do it for me, for that teen, for my mom,for my kids.....
    I love you all
    rudemama

Hi Rudemama and all to come

Thanks for starting the thread, its the first thing I check for when I log on. This ODAT thing seems to be working. On Day 29 so the month is nearly over. The first time I did 30 days it seemed the longest month of my life. This time the month flew. Thank you MWO.

Will check in with you all later.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Rudamama,
      Thanks for starting the thread, (looked for it on purpose today)
      Just to check in and to remind myself of ODAT ,it really does work for me.
      I am so sorry to hear your memories of your Mom, keep getting those af days in, you have all the best reasons.

Eastx
      In life we can live out our dreams its true
      the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Hi Guys,

My kids are so proud of me since being sober. I was visited by AL every day and until i realised the amount of hurt I caused to both family and friends. The best decision i have ever made. In nearly two months i have slipped about 4 times, only having one or two. But every day is so hard and still seems such an effort to stay AF. But I know it will get easier.

Choice x

Comment

Hi everyone....Rudemama thank you for starting the thread, its my lifeline at the moment. I can so relate to what you are saying about your memories of your mam - mine is still alive even though she has no quality of life, no interests, no love for anyone (she has none for herself so there is none for anyone else....) and I can't put it anyother way, but basically she sits waiting to die. She is full of hate and bitterness. I take a look at her and its scary, like looking into the future. Certainly, if I continued drinking the way I was up until I found MWO, I would definitely have ended up like mam and how hypocritical of me that would be after trying to get mam to change these last 10 years.

Rustop you have done great notching up another 30 days!!!

Well yesterday was a toughie for me. Home alone again with plenty of opportunity to drink but I knew if I did...then I would be throwing the whole of this week away. I rode it out, came on here a few times last night and got through my first AF day of this week. Funny enough I didn't swim yesterday morning...and I'm sure that a made a difference to my mood. Didn't get time today either as start work earlier so I'm on AL alert today!!! I do realise if I can crack this and get to the weekend, I then need to watch the amount I drink otherwise there's no point if I'm bingeing.

Hope everyone has a good day - I will not drink today.

much love, Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Rudemamma,

What a poignant post. I am glad you found MWO and proud that you are trying to change the future so your kids don't have the same legacy you did.

Everyone else, have a wonderful day.

I will not drink today!! Yea!! I will be FREE TODAY!!

Love to all,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Choice...It does get easier.....for me, taking it odat, making no promises for tomorrow is getting me through each day. Thoughts seem to lessen, not sure they will ever disappear completley, but being free from the physically addiction is worth the price of admission. Next steps will be to work on the issues that got me here in the first place, now that is going to be a toughie....haven't addressed them as of yet.

Mama, I too have pictures of my grandpa having his "shot on the rocks" many times a day, remembering when he would let me have "sips"....

East, I remember reading of your struggles a while back, and notice your drink tracker is filling up with zeros...ODAT really works!!!

Rustop.....30 days approaching.....feels good doesn't it!!...A big whooohoooo to you!!

All ODAT'ers to come....We can do this......just today...worry about tomorrow...tomorrow!!
              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning ODATers. Thanks Rudemama for starting it, your memory of your mother serves us all well, as any of us could end up the woman/man in the chair...

Rustop - you are an inspiration to us all, I hope you are feeling damn proud of yourself!! Way to go Janice - being home alone is my worst time too.

I'm getting my job performance evaluation today with my boss...wish me luck!

I'm getting an AF in today (my daily attainable goal), and I will do 1.5+ miles on the treadmill and watch The Biggest Loser with my Family instead of drinking.

Have a great day everyone!
                Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Hi everbody, good luck Deena, as regards the drinking, my mother never drank, my dad
                  did all the drinking. The theory re. drinking is lot's of people have an inherited tendency
                  to drink, I am certain that my problems with drink are genetic, why couldn't I take after
                  my mother,? The only things my father gave me besides drink probs.are heart disease
                  and alcoholism, he died while drinking, I don't intend to.
                  Hope you all have a good day.
                  Love Paula.x

Comment

Paula,

Good on you!!

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

good for you!

Rustop!! Great, almost made the entire month!! YOU WILL DO IT!!!

Rudemama, I picture my dad in that chair, beer in hand cigarette in the other.......sad, he hated the world too(Janice, like your mam) I HAD to leave that TOXIC
                      family, that is why I moved all the way to FL at age 18!!

Eastender, you sound great, Choice, Cindi, Charlee and Deena it is GREAT to see you all here so early, just starting my LOOOONG day.............boring day at work (for a change ), then physical therapy from 4:30-6:00, they work my TAIL off!! then packing for the Vegas trip, man it is colder there than it is here!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

For all to follow, and all you guys who have already posted, I couldn't make it without you, thanks for always being here!!:thanks:

Love you guys!!!!!!:h :l

MA
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi guys, Day 9 for me today. I'm still feeling really crappy with this cold - may go home early today to rest.

Rudemama thanks for starting the thread today, I can so relate to what you are saying.

Not planning on drinking today either - only one day away from double digits!!!! It's been a long time for me since I have gone this long and I certainly don't intend to ruin it!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Love and hugs,
                        Uni
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

Good Morning All You ODATer's !! Happy Tuesday !!

Rudemama, thanks so much for starting the thread. It's so sad about the picture that you have of your mom. Good for you for realizing that could have been you one day, but you have made the decision not to let that happen.....

Rustop, your 30 AF days are almost here.....excellent !

Choicemood, we do tend to hurt the people we love the most. You are doing so well on your journey, even though it is difficult....just remember...you are not alone in this.

Janice, that's great that you also realize you do not want to follow in your Mom's steps. My Mom does not drink, but her mom did, and died at the age of 49 from alcoholism. I never met her, but I do not want that to be my destiny

Hi Charlee, it is good to be free from the physical addiction.....now we just have to work on the mental :nutso: I love that wacked face :H

Deena, you go girl on that treadmill. 1.5 plus miles today.......2 miles tomorrow or the next time you jump on it !!

Cowgal, be strong in that physical therapy....ouch......but I'm sure it will pay off !!
                          Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Well, I'm trying to get stuff done in the house this afternoon but my mind keeps wandering....I'm struggling. I know it won't just be the one.....and once again I will have proved to myself and everyone else that I am just not capable of controlling my drinking. I have to be strong...gonna go and take another l-glutamine and kudzu. Waiting for a new fridge to be delivered otherwise I'd go out for a walk. It's not easy is it??
                            AF since 9 May 2012
                            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hang in there

Janice, I am struggling too, hang in there!! You are doing the right thing by posting your concerns..........:goodjob:

Do you have the CDs?? Maybe listen to them if you do.............I am great w/ advice, wish I could take it, I'd be doing better than I am

Love you!!:h

Take care, here's a hug!!!:l

MA
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                              X