Pretty Bottles, Lovely Bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a very major moment of weakness I found myself in the liquor store last night. And walking the isles I started to realize that alcohol comes in very wonderful packages.

Vessels of amber colored liquid and cylinders of clear elixir entice the buyer. Vines cut into green glass draped around a bottle of wine, the delicate neck of Galliano, thick-bodied bottles of scotch with waxed tops dripping down the sides, all call out. You can find whole apples magically placed into a rotund bottle with a thin neck, lemons in vodka bottles and even worms in tequila. Tall, thin blue glass sits next to short squat clear glass imprinted with lovely shapes, lettering and a foil seal. How many of you have bought a bottle of wine just for the label? Or for the fun play on words, like The Seven Deadly Zins? Just walking down the rows of a liquor store can be kin to a trip through an art exhibit. Only you can take the artwork home and exhibit it along side your fancy bar glasses. Champagne flutes, wide mouthed martini glasses in different shades of color, bubbled rock glasses, shot glasses from your favorite estalishments.

Why can?t they put the stuff in a milk carton for goodness sake? Some of us are struggling.

You definitely have a point! The evil in disguise.

Comment

isn't that funny how worms are usually considered disgusting, but if they are soaking in booze made from cactus. they look appealing? what the hell is wrong with us?
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Croft are you a writer by any chance ........ you write wonderfully ........

That was interesting though, I agree ........
        sigpicXXX

Comment

I am not a writer. Just someone who is really struggling right now.

Comment

That is so true Croft.
            What i do now is go round the shop and buy soft drinks in really nice bottles. I take ages browsing the sparkling fruit juices in wine shaped bottles, cranberry juice in fancy cartons, millions of different fizzy drinks in bright bottles and cans..........................
            Very sad i know but it has really been helping me. I pour one of my fruity treats into a wine glass at my witching hour and i feel like i'm still having a treat. I even look forward to it. God knows if it's helping me i'll keep doing it
            Day 16 here! xxx

Comment

well day 16 is pretty darn good. I have not been able to go even 1 day AF. I have cut back a lot though. So I am getting better. I just don't want to be thinking about it ALL OF THE TIME.

Comment

Croft, just work on it one minute at a time. Cutting down is a great way to start. Thinking about it all of the time will go away in time.... Just work on getting yourself to where you want to be. So far, I think you are doing FANTASTIC from even a post I read of yours the other day! You are doing great!!!

Comment

croft it took me almost 11 months to get it together, and I am still working on it. takes time and patience
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

me too

I am still a work in progress here, Croft you do sound better, but I feel for ya!!

Lots of love, hang in there, you WILL make it!!!

MA:h :l
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

hi there.. croft in every market. on every bill board. there is always something to do with al and even for me being 90 days its hard and it turns my stomack. i just say no. and knowing. when to say no. is up to you . good luck... oh thank you for your input and i love reading your posts..
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Croft, I am a very visual person as well can had to laugh about the milk carton thing. I have picked wine by a fun name or bottle. I even tried to get myself to like martinis because the glasses are pretty. I can watch a comercial or television program and have a craving. The one lately is M*A*S*H. Good luck with your mods, thats were I want to be and dito on the not thinking about it all the time.

Comment

KAT20;263370 wrote: Croft, I am a very visual person as well can had to laugh about the milk carton thing. I have picked wine by a fun name or bottle. I even tried to get myself to like martinis because the glasses are pretty. I can watch a comercial or television program and have a craving. The one lately is M*A*S*H. Good luck with your mods, thats were I want to be and dito on the not thinking about it all the time.
                          I too, tried to make myself like martinis for the exact same reason. They are just so pretty!!!

Comment

:yeahright: a milk carton with ugly pictures of damaged livers and brain cells instead of missing people........bet a pic of me drunk would do it though

Comment

Carm, I like that, a picture of me the morning after, especially when I forget to wash my makeup off. Kinda like that Winehouse chick.

Comment

Working...
                              X