Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

I dropped by the local Whole Foods today. For those of you who don't know what Whole Foods is, let me explain.
    It is a grocery store where all the food costs 3 times as much as a regular grocery store. Your fellow shoppers include registered democrats of the doctor and lawer variety, leftover hippies from the 70's and Michael Pollen picking up a few things he did not have in his back yard. The magazine stands are filled with Yoga Digest, Yoga for You and Yoga World and even the chocolate and bubble gum is healthy. If you have not hugged a tree during the course of your life you will be required to do so before leaving the store.
    I made my way to the beverage isle and was suddenly amazed by an abundant selection of bottled water. There must have been 20 different varieties. Some even in glass bottles. Blue, glass bottles! I loaded up my cart with one, sometimes two of each. Shoved my cart to the check-out stand and paid $285.36 for the finest water money can buy.
    I am hosting a tasting at my place on Friday night - BE THERE!

But, really, I am very much looking forward to drinking water from fancy bottles tomorrow. My latest crutch! Now for the fancy glass.....hmmmmm....

PS: Shoving a grocery cart loaded with water through a snow and ice caked parking lot is a great workout. Be sure to park really far away to get the greatest benefit.

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

You're funny...thanks for making me laugh when I did not feel like it.
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

That sounds like a lot of fun!

I do agree though, yes it's still water, but drinking bottled 'designer' water definately helps in social circles when others are drinking, or just drinking at home. Re the fancy glass.....well I find drinking out of a wine glass helps me, I can 'pretend'. Usually I go the mineral water in a wine glass and I'm set, when I'm really desperate I go tonic water with ice and fresh slices of lemon to pretend I'm drinking vodka!
      Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

Croft I have put it in my diary SO COUNT ME IN because I just soooooooo love a good party - Hope you have got plenty of the sparkling sort :H

Sweetpea
        :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

LOL I love the vodka disguise. Works for me! After you get stronger and healthier consider going a little bit greener by not buying so much material that has to disposed of in some manner. (Really tap water is healthful. If your'e not sure about the drinking water quality your area get a water quality report from your health Depart. or Water Dept.) I hate those stores. My mother shops at a similar one with the name "Joes" (because of the cheap wine/booze) so when I'm visiting with her I always take her a least a couple time a week. and gag at the very cool "i am somebody making some sort of statement", slick, overpriced packaging.
          sigpic

Comment

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

StraightLines;263608 wrote: That sounds like a lot of fun!

I do agree though, yes it's still water, but drinking bottled 'designer' water definately helps in social circles when others are drinking, or just drinking at home. Re the fancy glass.....well I find drinking out of a wine glass helps me, I can 'pretend'. Usually I go the mineral water in a wine glass and I'm set, when I'm really desperate I go tonic water with ice and fresh slices of lemon to pretend I'm drinking vodka!
            I tried drinking out of a martini glass late last night. Pretty silly really. Feel extremely stupid sipping diet coke out of a martini glass. Doesn't take too long to finish a glass that way. And the olive did not taste good at all laced with diet coke. YUCK!

Comment

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

LMAO, Croft! We have a Whole Foods here and it is exactly how you described it! Tree huggers and all. I hate going there bcuz I swear people look at me like I don't belong in there self-righteous little store. They can smell if you are one of them or not! I really needed that laugh!

Enjoy your water, sans the olives!

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

You are a fantastic writer Croft! I love the humour in your post!

Comment

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

love it

Where and when is the tasting?? Looking forward to it:H :H

Croft you really are an awesome writer, perhaps you missed your calling???

Love and hugs,:h :l
                  Mary Anne
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

I haven't been to Whole Foods in a long time for the same reason Croft describes. BUT,they sell (or used to) this awesomely delicious product called "drunken goat cheese"
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Pretty Bottles, Part H2O

my brother calls whole foods "whole paycheck"
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                      X