Wed. - Jan. 30 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, I'm starting this quickly, because I have a lot of child care this week & there's little time for anything else. I'll check back when I can.

Cindi: I read your post from yesterday. Once those blood tests come in, you'll, at least know & whatever is needed can start. I loved your account of the therapy you're going through. I read you post twice. It was hopeful.

Be well everyone. I'll be back when I can. The munchkins are coming any minute. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Good morning, Mary and all to come!

I'll be home again today with the sickies.. watching the Independent Film Channel.. my new addiction!

Feeling pretty good again. yesterday was a hard day. I realized I had stopped taking my L-Tryptophan. I started taking again last night. OMG - what a difference it makes in my mood and sleep. It seems to be my magic supplement. Now I know for sure that my body likes it. I have been taking it for the past three weeks, and I truly believe it helped me to get this far in my AF journey. Just keeping me calm and able to sleep - that and nothing seems like a big deal. Those three things alone and I can deal with the cravings as they come up. So, I will make sure I stay up with this supplement! Good to know...

I will check in later to see how everyone is doing...

xoxooxx
    '
    MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Good Morning Mary & MedMama, and all you Absters to follow.

Those grandchildren sure will keep you busy Mary, and keep you young

MM, just curious, what is the L-Tryptophan for. Is it an amino acid ?

Cindi, Iv'e read your posts for the past couple of days, and I am so sorry about your daughter. It's is so understandable about how much you are worrying. I sure hope those tests come back quickly so they can find out what is wrong and starting treating her. I'll keep your daughter in my prayers.

Good luck to you with your new doctor. She sounds great. I know you had mentioned your doctor talking about God. I don't want to preach, but I do believe God does help us in his "Mysterious Ways". For one, I have always prayed to him to give me the strength and courage to fight this addiction....and you know what....it took some time, but he sent me to MWO....and you know what else......it is definitely helping me with all the support, insight, wisdom, and courage from all the members on this site. To go from a lifetime of daily drinking to abstaining for 23 days during this month .....that's a blessing in itself, and this is just the beginning. OK, enough said on that subject. Cindi, I really wish you all the best with this new doctor. Keep us posted

Hope everyone has a good day today.
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Hi all. Yesterday I was AF. Hubby wasn't but only drank about four out of a usual 12 so that's good. He went to be at 8:00 pm depressed so that AINT good. Sigh. I keep telling him to get to the doctors to change anti-d medication, but u know how hard it is to get oneself to do anything when one is depressed, so I do have some sympathy. Although men, it seems to me, are worse about going for help.

Anyway, had to take two sleeping pills because everytime I go AF, the first five days I can't sleep w/o help. Had wacky dreams which is also par for the course.

Feel okay today tho. Nice not having hangover and wasn't hard to get up.

Hope everyone else is good :l

Comment

Hart-

So glad you got a good AF day in. Sorry Joe is depressed. Yes, men do seem to be more reluctant about getting to the doctor than us womenfolk.

Mary-

Hope the little one is keeping you happily occupied. Love the little ones so much!!

Miss Oct -

Thank you for your post about Adrienne. I am sitting here trying to get work done and my mind just keeps wandering to her. Oh well.

At least I am sober today, and that is a great and wonderful thing!!

Hope all have a wonderful, sober, happy day.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good afternoon, all! I wish you all a happy and successful Wed!

Med Mama, thank you for reminding me I really need to start ordering some supps. Been putting it off money wise, but I never seem to afford anything. So screw it, I awlays found beer money when I wanted it. Gonna order some supps today. Feeling kinda crappy lately and have been very lethargic. Something has to give.

Cindi, you and Adrienne are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hart, when my dad first started taking an anti-d, it was the wrong one for his body. Made him worse. He was given a new med and became a new person. Been over a yr now and his attitude is still great. Tell your hubby to have his med checked soon. There is hope.

Love to all.

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Happy Wed ABoriginees!

finally got some solid sleep last night. yipeeeee!

MMama when during the day do you take the LTryptophan?

Mary, enjoy the munchkins

DB, hope all turns out good

Hart, you are doing great...fight fight!

Miss October and Thanful and all to come have a super day

I'm off to figure out the various broken bits of my brain. lol
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi,

Everyone seems reasonably well, all things considered.

Cindi, I know how hard it is to concentrate fully when Adrienne is on your mind. Keep on trucking. I love your new avatar, by the way.

Mary, you are starting to sound like you have some determination again--the old "no matter what" mentality.

MM, that l-tryptophan sounds like good stuff. I am on a regular anti-depressant that is very helpful, but I bet it would be useful to my daughter, who always has trouble sleeping.

Miss Oct., you are making very good progress. If I could drink only 23 days a month, I'd be a happy as a pig in a puddle.

Good luck with your hubby, Hart. I'm glad that you are AF. We are all pulling for you!

Thankful, it's good to see you. You are a nice addition here in Absville.

Deter, good luck in figuring out your brain.:H It does seem to work better than it used to since you've been mostly AF.

I'm getting excited because in about 2 weeks, I'll have 8 months AF. I have helped myself out by getting AF wine for occasions and sometimes when I've had cravings. The cravings are pretty infrequent now, and they pass very quickly. I sometimes romanticize drinking, but I quickly remember how UNROMANTIC my drinking had become. I am really thinking about what it was like in my 20's and early 30's when it was fun--not the last 15 years.

Anyway, have a good day, all. I'm thinking about you and have you to thank for the progress that I have made.

Love,:heart:

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I absolutely do have that "no matter what" mentality. I'm glad a new month is starting. I'm jumping the AF gun, but there's nothing like a whole blank DrinkTracker month to get me motivated. Yes, the little ones keep me very busy...but I love it & them. I'm so blessed in so many ways. I want to enjoy my life unfettered (if you know what I mean). M
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello again!

Yes, Miss October - L-Tryptophan is an Amino Acid. You can Google it for more info, but I really swear by it! i am calm, and sleep like a baby!

Det - I take it with my dinner. It is good to take about 3 hours prior to bedtime.

MM
                    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Working...
                    X