Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 HTp

hi

IS anyone taking this and finding it helpful?

I have been taking it for all of January and have so far only had one 'slip', don't know if its affected my mood but I haven't been able to stop eating!

Lou x

5 HTp

5 HTP What is it??

Flyboy

Comment

5 HTp

It's a form of tryptophan. It's supposed to be closer to the "real thing" and thus easier taken up by the brain than tryptophan. (I think the jury is a little out on that.)

Anyway, it's basically tryptophan. I can't take it, it gives me hallucinatory nightmares. However, it helps most people. It helps people sleep and improves their mood. It has been quite extensively tested and (except for flukes like me) most people respond well.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

5 HTp

It has helped me to sleep a lot better.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

5 HTp

And as you know, Lushy is NORMAL.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

5 HTp

The ONLY normal one you mean.
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

5 HTp

Tryptophan worked MUCH better for me
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

5 HTp

My Heart/Marilyn lookalike

please spill it all!

how did you get tryptophan and what was your experience?

any weight gain?

if pharmaceutical serotonin uplifts make you gain weight, do natural ones too? stands to reason..

Comment

5 HTp

I've heard the 'real' high grade tryptophan is expensive but works very well.
                  I've taken the mwo 5HTP and it's relaxing but pretty mild.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

5 HTp

I take L-Tryptophan.

Actually, I took it a while and then quit because I do that kind of stupid thing, even though it was really helping me sleep. I had no weird dreams at all, at least no weirder than my usual hallucinations, but I have those awake. :H

After reading MM's thread yesterday, I took it again last night and am determined to remember to take it every night. (I also take melatonin..)

L-Tryptophan is once again legal in the U.S. You can purchase it in the U.S. I bought mine at GNC. 90 500 mg capsules was $35.00 (yikes!!)

See, between the All One, the GABA, the L-Tryptophan, the Campral and the EPO, I HAVE TO QUIT DRINKING BECAUSE I CAN NO LONGER AFFORD TO DRINK!!

Oh, and I added SamE based on a recommendation the other day. That was a mere $38.00 for a 30 day supply, so now I guess I must give up the smoking to cover the cost of the SamE.

Soon, I will have to give up eating just to cover the cost of the supps....

I will need to get a weekend job soon, guys!!!

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

5 HTp

I started consistently taking 5htp and gaba and st. johns wort, all of em twice a day, and it has greatly improved my mental/emotional state. And thus, I have been drinking far less.
                      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

5 HTp

I take it...

I've been taking if on and off for a few years. It is supposed to help with your moods. They did studies on bi-polar patients and studies found 5HTP was more helpful than other drugs.

Anyway, I'm surprised that it made you eat a lot. One of the benefits listed is weight loss. I don't know that it helps me sleep. I think it helps even out my mood, but maybe it's just in my head!! Not sure. I take 3 tablets (100mg/each). That is the recommended dosage for mood enhancement.

Sherrie

Comment

Working...
                        X