Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my story

:new:
    I have been thinking about this website for a long time, saved it to my favorites, visited it once in a while. I have always been convinced that I was in control of my drinking, that it was just mind over matter. It has never caused me the kind of problems that I would consider "severe" such as interfering with work or relationships. I am married to a wonderful man, and we grew up "partying" together. We have been together over 20 years total. He drinks 4-5 beers every night after work and some mixed drinks on the weekend. My weakness is wine, lots of it. We have recently begun talking about our drinking and how excessive it is, but haven't been able to do anything about it. We both have a parent who is an alcoholic, both still drinking. In addition, our 12 year old son is no longer naive or sheltered about it. He is starting to express interest in alcohol, which scares me to death. I am here to make a committment to end the need to drink every day. Easy to say at 10:30 in the morning with a sulfite headache! I am going to get the book first, then the CD's. Not sure about the supplements or medication. I have a question about the kudzu, though. Does it interfere with birth control pills at all? One kid is all I can handle right now

looking forward to learning from you all!

my story

Graciela,

:welcome:

I can't answer about Kudzu and Birth Control Pills, hopefully someone in the know will jump in and answer.

I just wanted to say glad you are here and hope that you can achieve your goals.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

my story

Thanks, Cindi. I wondered how long it would take for someone to reply. I really appreciate it! I'm going out to look for the book right now!

Comment

my story

welcome welcome...this place is wonderful...read up...there is so much info here...i totally understand about alcohol and kids as i have 2 girls..one 11 who is painfully aware of my drinking...but it will get better..find strength here and ask all the questions you need...there is always someone here to answer...blessings to you and again....Welcome... Buckle

Comment

my story

Graciela - welcome. Good for you for wanting to make a positive change in your life and a be a good example to your soon-to-be-teenager. Boy, I could tell you some stories.

I am taking the Kudzu - I am still drinking, but not nearly as much. Waiting for the Topo. The Kudzo does take the edge off the craving. Not sure about birth control conflicts, but I would imagine that, since it is just an herb, that it would be fine. But you are getting advice from someone who got pregnant on the pill, so you might want a 2nd opinion.

Is your hubby supportive of your desired change?

Comment

my story

Thanks, everyone! This is great! I have not told my husband about joining the site, but he does know that I want to lose weight and drinking costs calories. I have gained 20 pounds in the last year or so, not pretty. I don't think he's ready to cut down on drinking, though. He will pressure me to go out to eat, but he won't pressure me to have a drink.

Comment

my story

I could lose 20 pounds too - totally a drinking issue with me

Comment

my story

Gracie - welcome. Good luck to you and your whole family. You will find a lot of support and inspiration here.

As far as your son is concerned, I would talk to your hubby and make sure that alcohol in the house isn't exactly glamorized as being the only way for adults to relax, have fun, etc. May be even talk with him out the dangers of it as well so that he gets the full picture of it. I don't know, just a thought.

Best wishes! Keep coming back. It will help.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

my story

hi all am new to this,,so am still finding my way round
                  there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

my story

:welcome: Graciela and Kaddy!

You have found a wonderful place. You will find tons of support here. :l

Comment

my story

welcome Kaddy - start a new thread if you can - one special just for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X