Just a small thing but !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a small thing but !

Had a really stressful night so far. Been inline submitting my tax return, tomorrow is the deadline a encures penilties if they are not in. Felt sick doing t seemed to take ages and kept missing bit out. Finally submitted it sucessfully half an hour ago phew !!!.
    Once it was done my first thought was I will get a drink I deserve it after going through all that stress . But for a change stopped and thought NO I don't need a drink and realsied when I do something stress ful or difficult I then justify having a drink as my reward hence have identified what is a classic trigger to start we on the booze trail, and I know it only a small thing but wanted to share that i had identified it and overcome it ! Going to get a brew (trgs thats a northern way of saying a cup of tea) and a bath . Oh and must comfess did have a chocolate bar to celerate !!! Thaks for letting me ramble on again DD xx

Just a small thing but !

hey well done give yourself a victory hug. retraining yourself is what you are doing.
    good luck
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Just a small thing but !

DD

well done for not drinking.

It is good when we can establish our trigger points. We need to realised these and replace these with other things so that we can "chillout".

BTW I'm sitting here with my cuppa too...cheers.

...don't worry about the chocolate - I won't tell anyone!

Mandy x

Comment

Just a small thing but !

ya your right never though of it like that but it is about reprogramming our brain to do things differantly . Remind me of the saying "If we carry on doing things the same way we will just carry on getting the same "

Comment

Just a small thing but !

THat is not a little thing. That is a big thing. You should feel very much in CHARGE!

Good for you!!!!

Comment

Just a small thing but !

supose that one benefit of being a brit if all else fails Lotus we can have a cup of tea lol ? and hope loads of our american friends on here read that last night was sooo funny on here all our tv shows give the american canadians ect that we all spend our lives in the pub !!!!

Comment

Just a small thing but !

thanks croft I am giving myslef a pat on th back instead of a kicking for a change and did not have time yesterday to say what a brilliant thread your bottle one was . you have a real tallent for writing even though of writing a book ?? sure it would be a hit DDxx

Comment

Just a small thing but !

good for you DD!! chocolate is good but, hey, thanks for pointing out what you mean by "brew" ... in the strange part of the world i'm from, that would mean beer!
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Just a small thing but !

daisy-doo;263936 wrote: thanks croft I am giving myslef a pat on th back instead of a kicking for a change and did not have time yesterday to say what a brilliant thread your bottle one was . you have a real tallent for writing even though of writing a book ?? sure it would be a hit DDxx
                  You all inspire me to greatness!!! Without you I am nothing!

Comment

Just a small thing but !

dexterhead;263946 wrote: good for you DD!! chocolate is good but, hey, thanks for pointing out what you mean by "brew" ... in the strange part of the world i'm from, that would mean beer!
                    My husband used to brew beer! Thank goodness he does not do that anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X