I think I found my “Mean-It” voice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After spending some time in a MWO chat window this morning (while drinking) I finally made my way to work. On the way I suddenly got really angry. ?I have had it!? I screamed at myself, ?This has got to stop!? ?I MEAN IT!? ?You have to stop this now!!? I was truly angry with myself like I have never been before. It did wear off after a while and I finished my beer before pulling into the parking lot. I did not want the beer to go to waste. But, I feel a renewed sense of power.

So, I am making a goal, mission statement, whatever, for the month of February. It won?t be easy, but it is about time. I may blow it, but I will get back up and back on track. I am drinking less, so I think I can take another step. Here goes:

I will be alcohol-free every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for the entire month of February (too bad it is a leap year).
    I will maintain a two-drink limit on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. (Is a double one drink or two?)
    I will be allowed to make an exception to the above on two days: Valentine?s Day and President?s Day.

I will use whatever forms of motivation work best. I will use whatever crutches work best. I will not be discouraged if I mess up one day. I will simply acknowledge a bad day and get back on plan. I will rejoice often and a lot on my successes!

I have been watching all you AFers heading towards the finish line of January AF goals. It is so cool. I am cheering you all on as you head into you last hours. It is so encouraging. I want that to be me at the end of February.

Croft, good for you, that mean it voice is important. I remember telling my therapist my plans to stop or cut back. We would discuss all my failures and successes. Mostly failures. I started to get really down on myself. She sail not to that I was in pre comptimplative stage and the more I thought about, tried and failed, the stronger I've become and I feel that I mean it voice when I do slip up and not self loathing

Comment

Croft, finding that inner voice is huge, but now you've got to listen to it. My inner voice, yelled "screw it" and it actually worked! Kinda been my mantra when I need it.

You deserve to be healthy and happy. Having a well laid plan is a start. Good for you. I wish you the world of success. Stay strong and do not lose sight of your goals.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

YOU CAN DO IT CROFT! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!
        It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
        It's time to be a big girl now....

Comment

I have not even started my goal yet and I already have a success to note. I went to dinner tonight and did not order a drink. That has not happened in a very, very long time. Heck, ordering a drink is the whole reason I want to go out to dinner.

This little accomplishment makes me hopeful for the start of my goal on Friday.

Comment

hey am a leap year baby can you do it for me .my birthday is feb 28 please for me ..lol just kidding ..do it for yourself and try your best that all you can do. so good luck croth.dont think of it as a day but that minute,that hour.one day at a time ..god bless you
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

hie croft, its all in your mind, body and soul put it into action, you can do it pal go for it

Comment

Hi Croft

You go girl. You sound determined and I like the fact that you have a plan. Just keep telling yourself that you do not want to drink rather than I can't drink. Do not allow that little monster in your head convince you that you are being deprived.

Take care.

Comment

Croft,

What Lotus says is HUGE!!

It has taken me almost a year to get to understand it. (I am particularly dense...)

Change the way you look at AF from DEPRIVATION to RELIEF!!!

From denial to pride
                  From sad to ecstatic
                  From (you get the idea)

Everytime I start to get the "damn, why can't I's" I stop and think, "Oh Thank God I don't have to worry about THAT shit anymore!!!" It is amazing how it changes the outlook.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

maasai;264242 wrote: hie croft, its all in your mind, body and soul put it into action, you can do it pal go for it
                    ASHE OLENG

Comment

hi there.. croft. how are today .hope everyting is going well.anyway have agreat day see ya
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

GO CROFT!! :happy: :happy: LET'S BEAT UP AL TOGETHER!!! :bat
                        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Beat up is right.

I am feeling really good about this right now. Had a major success (for me at least) last night and I am AF so far since then. At noon my time I will have gone well over 24 hours AF.

dexterhead - loved your post about AL as a man-whore - very awesome comparison!!

tlrgs - having a great day so far- thanks so much for checking up on me. Hope things are going well for you - wondering how the surgery went.

Comment

Croft,

I love reading all your posts, they really give me hope. Good luck on your plan! It sounds like a good one and a do-able one at that if you put you mind to it! You have a great attitude. Can't wait to be there with you when I find my "mean-it" voice.

Hugs,
                            Bambi
                            "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Bambi - you will find your "mean-it" voice. I know you will. I know you will because you are on this site. This site is a major force in my life right now and I think the main reason I finally feel like I have strength to make this change.

I am glad you are here with us!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X