Newbies in Need - ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everyone from a very wild blustery UK!! Its a horrible dark morning here and I've chickened out of going swimming!!!

It was great to read yesterday's thread - such a busy one with old friends and new supporting and encouraging each other along the way. I love this thread, always have, its the first thing I go to when I sign in.

Day 4 for me today, yesterday pm (its always the same time!!) was hard and I felt the pull from Al but managed to stay AF. Definitely sleeping heavier yet feeling sooo tired when I wake up - can tell its a different level of sleep I'm having when not drinking.

Busy day again today, work then food shopping as my two hungry teenagers are home from uni for the weekend!!!

lots of love to all, Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

ps just wanted to say a big well done to Rustop on your 30 days!!!! Janicexxxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Janice well done on day 4. Have a great weekend with your kids I know how much you will be missing them while they are at uni

Rustop YAY 30 days you are a star

Wishing everyone else a good day

Best wishes Sweetpea x
      :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Janice, yeh for day 4.

Rustop 30 days......:wd:

Sweetpea, morning, starting day 3 after the worst 3-4 days of my life. Bad day yesterday. Today could be just as bad. Big reorganization at work at 9:00 am. Heard that 600 could be let go. All Senior and Senior Vice Presidents in my area are being demoted, in order for the company to save money for the move. Doing ODAT with AL, doing ODAT at work. Funny thing, I have no desire to open the door for AL. :b&d: unless it is i beat the c@#p out of him.

Hope all have a good day without AL

Comment

Hi Janice, Sweetpea and all to come

Yeah Day 31. Cannot believe the month is over. I am going out to dinner at the week-end and do plan to have wine. Lent begins on Wednesday so I plan to do the six weeks AF taking it ODAT. Anybody else interested?? Its a great excuse especially in social situations.

Anyways have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Rustop, thanks for letting know when Lent start. Enjoy you glass of wine of this weekend.

I'll join you going AF for Lent.

Comment

Morning - thanks for starting the thread Janice. Can't blame you for not wanting to venture out on a day like today - yucky! I used to swim a lot, loved it. Really need to get back into it as we have a pool only 15 minutes away and it is a brilliant start to the day.

Rustop - what an inspiration! 30 days done. I'll try very hard with you to do the 6 weeks. That would be a real achievement for me.

Big hugs Suki and hi to everyone else.

Not sure I'm going to be able to do AF today as we're going to supper at a friends and staying over. They are big drinkers but I can at least go with a plan for moderation. I need to be up and away early so that's a good reason.

Bessie xx

Comment

Hello ,
                Congratulations on january Rustop!!!!!!!
                Suki hang in there. I'll be thinking of you today :h
                I got in some trouble yesterday at work. But in perspective not so much. A friend of mine asks the question about situations, Is it real or is it drama? I guess this is mostly drama but still got chewed out.
                Taking care of business
                rudemama

Comment

Morning all,

Congrats on 31 days Rustop :wd:
                  Not successful with 30 days this month, but I must push myself where do I sign for the Lent challenge?

Eastx
                  In life we can live out our dreams its true
                  the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

:goodjob: Rustop 31 days what a star well done

Sweetpea xx
                    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Joining in Lent AF

Hi all

Congrats to Rustop on 30 days and to Janice on 4 days.

Would love to join in the lent AF even though I decided to start lent early this year and have my 3rd day AF almost over. It is 10.12 pm in Sydney now and really hot and sticky even though we have just had a big storm.

Weekend is going to be hard, I don't know when was the last time I got through a friday or saturday night without a bottle of wine and we have friends coming for lunch on Sunday, its going to be hard. Maybe I'll try moderation!!! We'll see.

I also wanted to say to you all I have been logging on everyday and it has really helped me and I am amazed at how busy it is and I am trying to get my head around getting to know you all a bit more. You are all great.

Comment

Janice,

Well done on your days AF, too!

RU - I will definitely join you for giving up AL for Lent. What a great idea!! I like it.

Suki - Hang in there. Workplace issues can be very stressful and with everything else going on, geez. A big hug to you, girl!! I am glad you are not interested in AL right now, because he could only make things hellish.

Sweetpea, Bessie, Rudemamma, East, all please have a good day and I hope you each achieve your goals, whatever they are.

I was sober yesterday and I will be sober today. For that I am totally grateful. ODAT!!!

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Morning all
                          Congratulations Rustop..30 days!!!
                          Tomorrow, new day, new month...for all you "drinktrackers", we can start a whole new month, and track those numbers whatever your goals. Hope everyone has a good day.
                          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

good morning!

Hi everyone!!

Start w/ Janice, GREAT JOB, 4 days:happy:

And Rustop 31 days ................way to go!!:thumbysup:

Hi there Sweetpea!! Hope your day goes well..........

Suki, sorry about job, you will be in my thoughts, something like that happened to me back in 97, bad memories of it, but you are handling it WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than me, I got drunk over my situation:blush:

Rudemama, sorry you got chewed out..........we tend to take things personally and I know for a fact I can make a mountain out of a molehill!!

Eastender, you can do this!!

AND Twink, good job...........:goodjob: ......You can moderate this weekend if you feel you cannot go AF...........That is about all I can do anymore.............time will tell how you will do....

Everyone have a great day and I will miss you til next Monday as I am leaving for Vegas in about 1 hour..............

Love and hugs!!

MA
                            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Rustop: Congratulations on 31 days. The first 30 are definitely the hardest. It's all downhill now.

I would like to join the Lent challenge. I'm taking my sobriety one day at a time, but I do have goals. I want to be AF for Lent (at least).

I've decided that there is no stressor or challenge that is helped by my drinking. Being clear-headed is the only way to get through what life hands me. MWO is the lifeline I've needed to clear alcohol from my life.

Take care everyone. Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X