• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday - Feb 1 - Monthly Abs

Hello all Abbers!!!

First and FOREMOST

From Kathy-
    I feel bad, Cindi, when I started writing my post this morning, there were only two posts before mine, and it looks like I neglected you. You must have posted when I was writing. Actually, I love dancing, and I would love to take some ballroom or latin classes, or maybe brush up on my college French in night school. We might not be all that different.
    Kathy, I never feel neglected by you. I do know how these threads go. We post and we go on with our lives. You are one of my special people, here. You do not have to make a special effort to answer me, just be here once in a while and let me know you are okay. I will do the same. I care about how your life is going and I know from your posts that you care about mine. It simply does not get any better than that.

Hey, if you take dance classes, let me know how it goes. I truly yearn to do that. I love dancing. It is good exercise, it is fun and it is good for the soul. (Oh, and if you meet some hot, single guy there, well....)

Mary,
    I hope you are "up" today, too. We have both been struggling this month. It has been horrid. I think the weather, the sun, the winter has been tough on us. However, we both have beautiful grandchildren we love, enjoy and care about. And, even though our kids are having problems, we love them, too.

I guess we love our hubbies in the midst of all this... LOL

Hang in there, Mary. If you stay depressed, I truly do think you might want to talk to your doc. However, do not just let him/her give you anti-Ds. Have them check you out. Blood tests, hormone tests, etc. Sometimes being depressed is natural and will go away by itself. However, sometimes it is not.

You are an intelligent woman. You know how to take care of yourself. Just do not let something that is fixable go unfixed and cause you to go back to drinking.

You might truly want to consider the supplements. I let myself get lax with them and in the last week after taking them, I am feeling wonderful.

I want you to feel wonderful, too. It "seems" odd but our diets and lifestyles cause the "need" for the supplements. I make sure my grandkids get their vitamins and minerals. Let's make sure we get ours.

Anyway, Mary, here are some MWO hugs :l :l to you. You truly hold a special place in my heart. A really special place. Someone who knows what a grand scheme it is. Grandchildren and hopefully (my parents have this) great grandchildren. They think there is nothing more special than those...

Det. DO NOT BLOW IT IN VEGAS. Mama Cindi is watching you, and trust me, I can be a real Mama. Read that "one touch biatch." I am sitting on your shoulder and watching.......

Everyone, please have a blessed, wonderful and love filled day.
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Good morning, Cindi and all ABers to follow!

I am awake MUCH to my disappointment. i woke up at 2:30am and couldn't fall back to sleep. It's almost 5am, and maybe now I can take a little nap. I have a lot going on at the spa right now and I have been away for almost a week, so maybe that is it. Nothing bad, just a lot... Anyway, it will sort it's self out.

Life is still good and I am coming up on 30 days soon. I haven't really counted the days this time. I think it has helped me. I have no desire to drink anymore - no delusions, no romances. I even had a dream last night where someone gave me a glass of champagne at a party and I poured it into a sink and filled it with sparkeling water and ice! WOW - there is a mind swap!!!!

I don't know if any of you remember my post a while back about me planning to meet with my AA friend https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ve-17638.html? Anyway, I finally called her and I plan to meet with her this Sunday for coffee. I am actually really anxious, but excited. I am anxious because this does nails my being AF even further. I think this is why my therapist thinks it is a good idea. I actually do, too. I can be a tricky little snot. Even if I don't plan to drink - well we just never know. I think it is good for me to be accountable for the first 6 months, or so. I know I am a big girl, but I have tried this so many times and failed. I just want every opportnity to succeed this time. I have too much to lose. I am just to happy. Anyway, I will let you know how it goes.

Well, I guess I better see if I can get a little more sleep before I have to get up and dig myself out - we had another foot of snow last night. I now have about 4 1/2 feet in my yard! MEXICO WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU!

xoxoxo

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Well, well, well.......Here i am 1 month of seriously trying to control my alcohol intake...

only drank on two occasions during Jan... a total of 9 drinks.......:goodjob:

feel very good physically...and my mind is getting sharper every day...

ready to start another month..

I hope we can get alot of others to LEAP into Feb.....29 days.....!!!!!!
      -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Aloha Friday ABerooos!

just a quickie here...gotta zoom to the airport...off to Vegas. Be well friends
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Everyone: Cindi, thank you for the kind, kind words. I feel very hopeful today. I'm going to fill in my DrinkTracker early (that's how confident I feel today). I love that it's a new month, & that Lent is a another way for me to give up alcohol. I'm cleaning out my system, taking my vitamins, & will rest whenever I can. No drinking today. I won't drink no matter what.

MM: I go to Alanon & the occasional AA meeting. I like the 12 steps. In the program, there's a saying: "Take what you like & leave the rest." That works for me.

tkeene: Let's do abs together this month. I won't fail you.

Everyone else. Keep on keeping on...I'll check in later. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

joining you ABers

Hi All - I made it through January AF and found Bessie & Universals road show a huge motivation. Every time I felt tempted I would think of something funny or inspirational on the thread. So here I am - joining you all for Feb. My goal is to AB from AL all month! OK now it's on paper. It helps me to read all the posts here. Here's to a great February of Ab's to all.
            Livin Free (or at least wanting to :flower: )
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

tk: I promise I will not keep anything from you. I too will be totally honest. I'm not much for hell fire, but I will not mollycoddle. The same goes for me (from you). For me, the hiding is the worst part. That's what I can't live with anymore. tk, I feel very strong today. The idea of drinking is repugnant. I know it won't be that way all the time, but for today, I won't drink & don't even want a drink. Love, Mary
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Here's to an AF February!

Mary and tkeene, I think it is a splendid idea that the two of you buddy up! It seems that everyone feels pretty motivated this month, from people who have some time in to people who are just beginning to count AF days. Of course, I am definitely on the ABS train for an AF February.

Cindi, I'm glad you didn't feel neglected. I don't know whether I am just very sensitive or a raving co-dependent! (Probabably the latter... ) I'll definitely keep every one posted when I start doing stuff and of course, if I meet someone.:wow:

MM, I have always thought that your sponsor idea is a good one. I understand your anxiety too. I felt that way when I told a few trust friends about my quit date. Freak out city! But it worked.

A quick hi to treeman, Deter, and living free. I have to go get my should twisted and yanked in physical therapy. Oh rapture....NOT!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Kathy: I just wanted to let you know that my husband is a ESL (Eng. as a second language) tutor for the local Center for New Americans. Of course you'd get to know people (the students) from around the world. And the other volunteers are great people. Anyhow, just a thought.

tk: I'm excited too. I'll meet you here tomorrow. BTW, I always read the previous day's thread all the way through before I share on today's thread.

Cindi: I hope your daughter is doing OK. I've been thinking about her. Mary
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X