Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If nobody usually responds,is this not the right place for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like a pretty tight group here,if you don't get many responses when you participate is it usually becvause it is a somewhat closed group at this point or maybe just that you might be a gigantic DORK?I only ask because exclude a ? or 2 i have not really had any one address me after posting . Just wondering
    :lRebecca

Hi

I get on here from time to time..and no its not an exclusive group. i find everyone supportive and so so honest in their sharing.

There are people who have been on here for ever so that often chat to each other as would be expected.

good luck and look forward to hearing more about you.

regards Cassy

Comment

Thanks,Cassy!I have been stating to feel like a weirdo!what yousaid makes total sense...friends posting...i just keep seeing all of these hello and welcomes!And I'm just like "HI!!""thank you so much for your quick and friendly response and making me feel better:thanks: HAve a great night :l rebecca
      :lRebecca

Comment

Hi Rebecca - Hello! Big Hello!

I am so sorry you feel a bit 'unheard'! And good on you for asking and not just retiring into the shadows! (Like I would have!)

Yes, Hi Cassy too; some of us have been here for ages and chat away lots....but sometimes there are just 'fallow' periods and time zone differences and posts/threads get shunted back down the line away from 'New Posts'....if you have a really pressing question and no answers, 'bump' it up to the top again by adding a post on the end of it, such as, "Where are you?!" !!!!

And, no, you are certainly not a dork! Giant or otherwise! I hope you get lots of replies to this (although weekends can be a bit quiet - don't worry!) and keep going with the quest in hand and your posts....it just takes a while to 'slot in to the flow'...

Good to 'meet' you and the very, very best of luck and joy.

Love
        FMS xx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Good advice FMS.

Hi Lillyatter and Cassy!! You just can't be shy here if you want to get some attention - remember, most people here are struggling with the drink and can get a bit lost in thier own world.

Just keep posting!!
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hi Lilly...Yes you belong!!!! I am on here a lot reading, and for some reason, things get busy. I don't recall seeing your name but seen you posted 10 times. I have also felt the same way many times, in other groups as well.

We are here for you....so glad you posted, instead of backing out. Glad you are here for us also!
            This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

Hi and :welcome: .....

Sometimes its just timing, yes weekends are quiet ...........

I've been here forever and sometimes I post and if no one replies quickly I get paranoid .........

Don't worry we aren't a closed group ....

Keep posting ..........
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi Rebecca and :welcome: .

The above comments are all correct everybody is welcome everywhere on this site.
                Keep posting!

Eastx
                In life we can live out our dreams its true
                the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Hey Rebecca, of course you belong here! Not a closed group, lots of wonderful, supportive friends!

Keep reading and posting!

Suki

Comment

Hi Rebecca,

Welcome aboard - no we are not deliberately ignoring you.
                    As others have said - usually cos things are quiet / time differences with out worldwide members.

I hope you find what you are looking for here - there is a great bunch of people here - many of whom are very successfully conquering their problems.

Hope to see you around lots

Love

satori
                    xxx
                    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Hi Lilly! -

I have not seen your name yet either. Good for you for saying how you feel. Yes you are being paranoid. Everyone is welcomed and loved at MWO:h . Everybody in the pool!!!!

I agree that timing has alot to do with it - what time zone are you in ? And yes, sometimes stuff just gets lost in the shuffle sadly. A side effect of such an active online community.

As far as "cliques" - it just takes time for people to start to know you and recognize your name. No threads are exclusive. And what feels like a clique is really just people who feel like-minded and have been talking to each other for a longer time. So jump in.

I've been here since October, and can still get a pang if I don't feel noticed. :upset:
                      Keep reading and posting, and I will keep an eye out!

wonder xx

Comment

Hi Lily and Rebecca,

Just wanted to add my :welcome:

I am so sorry if you posted and received no answer. It does happen sometimes but not because people are ignoring you, simply because sometimes the posts get lost in the shuffle.

Glad you are here!!

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Rebecca, yes this is the right place for you. I can not agree more to whats already been said. I never could figure out why some posts go on a while, and other posts of some what importance get only a few replies. That still stumps me. But to each their own. That's what is great about this site. Post whatever, whenever you want. Some will follow up, some won't. It's no biggie.

But just know that everyone here is good hearted and supportive. It's just that there are so many different types of personalities here. Some posts hit people in diffirent ways. Depends on the time, their moods, their own needs. I know I've logged on at times crying my eyes out and other times just wanting to be silly and have fun. It's nothing personal, hun. Just happens.

It's so great that you posted again. Good for you for speaking up!

So, where are you in your "my way out" plan? Care to share (perhaps again)? I promise I'll listen. :lol3:

Love, Me
                          :l
                          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I used to wonder the same thing, ten it occoured to me that I almost never respond to others posts, even though I've been lurking around for quite some time now. I usually don't say much because I can't seem to put together more than 3 or 4 AF days, so what advice can I possibly offer anyone else? Maybe if I jump in more, I'll get more feed back? Just a thought.
                            Welcome
                            Iowegian
                            "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

Iowegian - think your post hits the nail on the head. I think people who post more often or people who post more than 1-2 sentances get more out of this site. I know my posts get very long sometimes and I start to feel self concious about it. Then I say "screw it", if people don't want to read them, they don't have to. I just get so passionate about wanting to try and help someone, you know?

This site is for people to use as they see fit. It's sad so many people feel intimidated to not post longer messages. How else are they going to get out what they are really feeling? This site is very thereputic and it should be utilized to it's full potential by everyone.

Just a thought. This is a short one for me :H .

Love, Me
                              :l
                              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X