I DID IT AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DID IT AGAIN!

My son is completely broke and has blown all his business away. I felt bad and just gave him my entire paycheck $563.00. I have to pay for Bankruptcy and IRS lawyer and he still doesn't get it! I can't do this again! I am scared for him.

What should I do!

Ripple~
    :upset:

Another week broke!

I DID IT AGAIN!

Does he drink or gamble Ripple?

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

Hi Ripple, if this is his first bankruptcy, just let him go through it. It's no big deal really, so don't get very worried. So sorry you are suffering sweetie, hang in there and take good care, j
      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

YES, he is a HEAVY DRINKER, GAMBLER and STRIP CLUBS!

Unfortuntely me and hubby has spoiled him so bad, he is really unable to help me through the shit thats coming. With me in sobriety It gets tough, ya know.

I hate to admit he has so many troubles, I am still stressed about my money.

The bankruptcy I am not worried, its the prep. that drives me crazy. He had a good business and lost control, so sad. He is now pissed and wants to attack his father, I am scared to be here and may have to leave for a few days.

I'll report as things go DOWN.

Thanks~
        Rippled~

I have to take a loan to pay the state and federal shit to keep my credit. He sold everything and is now broke....so worried for him. :upset: :upset:

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

Ripple, how old is your son? Just wondering, not judging.
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

Ripple im sorry i dont have any answers...your a mother and a its the hardest job in the world....you get no training and no books....but you just love them to bits, i know its hard got a 21 year old and cant find the answers for her either...just wanted you to know that my love and thoughts are with you
            Jacqui xxx
            Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

Might need to use some tough love. He needs to learn and grow up.
              Have you been enabling him?
              I can connect. I had to let me son go on his own and not help....he was just using me or anyone.....they learn to appreciate once they have to make it a go on their own.

You need to think about yourself and what you are trying to accomplish right now.......

Winefree

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

Rip Dear

Rip dear, my children also rotten. Sigh??????? Enable him and he will continue downward spiral.
                You are a smart cookie.
                Why do this?
                XOXOX
                VIC
                :h

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

As my mother used to say, there is such a thing as being to good to our children. He'll never develop any back bone of his own. Do you have a need for him to be co dependent on you?
                  As soon as I think I can hear my daughter sound depressed on the phone I worry.
                  Turn this over to God... Trust God to watch over him... what is the worse that can happen? He'll move home? Is that what you're worried about?
                  Anyway, all parents have been there at one point or another...
                  I know it's discouraging. He's probably more of a survivor than you think. Let him prove it to himself... it will give him a chance to raise his own self esteem.
                  I do the same thing... it's so discouraging. You're in my thoughts...
                  Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

Thanks Bean;

Its a tough situation. As a mother we know our children and i know there is something wrong with him.....in his brain. I prefer NOT to re-live although head trauma as a toddler I believe caused him difficulty with learning, poor motor skills, anger and depression. He is physically strong (always has been) he is handsome and talented in his field of print reading and construction, but he always hung with the wrong crowd. Its a matter of time his world will be completely gone as I watch and keep myself sober. My problems spiralled out of control when we were going out a lot. I am glad I don't drink anymore.

~Ripple~
                    :h

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

this sound like a situation where you need to get tough. awful. so sorry. he need s to learn on his own how to get himself out of trouble, or he'll always assume you will.

since I am not a mother it's hared for me to understand how a mother feels. it must be difficult.
                      much love to you be well and stay sober.

Trix
                      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

hang in there

Most of us have been there, it is really tough and especially when you have your own troubles. Just be there for him but maybe no more money, just let him know you love him but he must learn you are an adult as much as he is and you can't be brave all the time either. Easier said than done I know.

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

Hi Ripple, just saw this thread and wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. You said in an earlier post that you are afraid to be there and you may have to leave. Do you have somewhere to go? Please take care of yourself.

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

(((Ripple)))

Hon a lot of us have had tough breaks. Everyone is right, it is only going to get harder as you enable him. I'm glad you are not drinking, under this pressure that's commendable.:goodjob:

Comment

I DID IT AGAIN!

well this week i gave him only 200 dollars. i have been trying to talk to him on "not giving up." he is depressed and stays in his apartment for days when he is capable of working. the other night he said he was unable to sleep, bought him cvs sleep aid, ate the whole box, i said, you trying to kill yourself, came to my house and ate 1/2 box of benadryl.

omg...Ripple~
                              :l

Comment

Working...
                              X