2 days sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 days sober

Once again went to work this morning with regret about my very boozy weekend, how can someone decide to stay in and watch dvd's and then end up out on the town drinking until 4am?? not afraid to do it on my own either if noone is up for it. I cant remember the last weekend I woke up without a hang over - its such a waste laying in bed all day trying to recover with the anxiety building...come 6pm it all starts again - i am so over it! I have been battling either drugs or booze my whole life and it would be really good to live without any mind altering substances.

Funny enough im ok for 3 days but by Thursday boy the crazings are on and there is no question wheather I will have a bottle of wine or not.

I know that the first 7 days are a mare can anyone advise any strategies to get through those initial days... I have a very busy, executive level job and just wondering if it would be a smoother 5 days if a took the time off work?? love to hear your thoughts.
    :new:
    I am the author of my life.

2 days sober

Hey there, well first congrats for coming here, it means you are serious and have recognised a problem.

I'm sure most if not all of us can relate to the WWW (wanting weekends wasted), mine starts to creep in friday, but saturdays are when it gets me in a strangle hold. That or when I'm completely alone (when my child stays at their dads).

I fluctuate between alcohol and pot, I love them both and have most of my life. I love pot cos it doesnt give me any ill effects and doesnt send me stupid or zoned out or sick, I love the fact that alcohol is easily available and sociable - it's one or the other mostly alcohol. I too dont understand why I cant live life without it altered....

...but I have, for 8 days now If I can try this you can too! Have hope and faith. As far as strategies it really is ONE DAY AT A TIME or - one hour at a time, one moment at a time. Cravings do pass, let them pass and dont involve yourself too much in the mindgames.
    Taking time off can either work or make things worse, it depends I guess on what you know about yourself, will the work and trying sobriety make you freak out and possibly cause concern at your workplace from edgyness/snappiness etc, but time off you are alone with no boundaries - can you trust yourself? It's a hard call.

All the best.
    Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

2 days sober

Hi,

Thanks for you reply and encouraging words... I know that you are doing it tough at the moment I read your post today about how you were feeling ....I gave up drinking 5 years ago - boy was i ill but I was detoxing from drugs and booze. I dont do drugs anymore not for 5 years so if i can kick that one i can kick this.
      I think dealing with the work situation it better than taking a break - i guest been in a functioning world does help to some degree. From what I can remember from 5 years ago my whole body ached and a slept for one week straight - im afraid of how i am going to feel

That's awesome that you are on day 8 it must feel that you are pass the worst. How are you feeling today? are you taking any vitamins/supps?
      Well done stay strong
      I am the author of my life.

Comment

2 days sober

I'm doing ok today but I have many triggers going off left right and centre, this sort of day - not much to do, the weather, boredom etc etc etc it's playing on my mind but I let it pass. It's just not worth it, no way.
        The only vits I'm taking are VitB Complex and a multivitamin and mineral supplement, heaps of water and healthy vegies
        The tiredness has passed, I think. I'm not allowing myself to fall asleep during the afternoon anyway. I HAVE to curve my eating and watch the sugar cravings but.

I agree that being at work then would be more better than taking time off, see how you go huh.
        Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

2 days sober

Welcome, Looking.

Wtg on your decision to join us. You will receive a lot of help and support here. Keep reading and posting. It's all part of the healing process.

I agree that the work vs no-work issue is really got to be your decision. If you drink because your bored, you may want to stay working. If you drink every weekend than you need to change something in your routine to keep your time otherwise occupied. The biggest advice I can offer is for you to try to figure out your triggers. What really makes you reach for a drink? Stress, boredom, caffiene, etc.? The list could go forever but you get the gist. Once you know your triggers, your half way there to winning the battle.

Stay strong. We are here for you.

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

2 days sober

one day at a time and keep on going.
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
            X