Never say never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never say never

:new: I am so excited to have found this forum - I have ordered MWO book and supplements, and am building up serious motivation!! I have read so many of your comments, and realize that I am not the only one. Thanks!
    Being European, wine was/is a constant factor in my personal and professional life. I have finally reached the conclusion that I have to stop, or to learn to drink socially only and in moderation - it only took about 20 yrs. to get here.
    I realize it will take a lot of work and a lot of interaction with other people (MWO). I have managed 4 days, 5 days without wine, but recently I had a seizure (due to either alcohol or medication withdrawal) - I am terrified it will happen again.
    Any advice (and words of encouragement) will be greatly appreciated .
    thanks!
    S

Never say never

Hey! I can imagine being European would enhance the dilemma! Deal is, wine is sooooo available as a "drug of choice", that I think its a worldwide problem, as you will see here on the site...I'm glad you found us, download the book if you haven't already, and get some of the supp's if you can...the Calm powder, should help you chill out and sleep...just keep reading and go to chat, and hang in there....we've all "been there, done that"....this "family" has been my salvation!
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Never say never

(((Bjor))))

Hon, if you had a seizure, I think you need to withdraw under medical supervision. You can DIE from alcohol withdrawal. So please check w/ur doc. And welcome to MWO!!!!:l

Comment

Never say never

Please be careful! Congrats on trying. Modivation is the number on key to this I believe!

Take care and God Bless,
        "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Never say never

The "alcohol problem" is such a fluid one (no pun intended!) There is such a tendency on this site to compartmentalize each of us---on a spectrum from "mildly worried" to "end-stage DRUNK."

The clicheed-but-true saying: "If you think you have a problem, you do" may be something to consider.
          Jane Jane

Comment

Never say never

why are you going off your meds? and what are they for if you don't mind answering this question?
            going off simultaneously is not such a good idea unless you are under medical supervision.

jane jane I agree with the above statement. the mere act of lurking in here = drinking problem.
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Never say never

Thank you for the great encouragement and advice!! Looking forward to doing this, and to chat with you all. The MWO book arrived today, must be a sign!! Going through very challenging times right now (wine not included), but you and this program have given me the hope and inspiration that I can learn to control this particular chapter. I think the hardest part is to get honest with yourself.
              S

Comment

Never say never

Trixietrack,
                Ativan for a couple of months, did not know that apbrut withdrawal of Ativan/Lorazepam can cause bad consequences. Know now, after doing research. I have never been on meds in my life before, luckily so.
                Was under state of the art medical attention during this time due to a bad accident (not related to wine), they just did not know that I was taking this med. Doing good now, moving forward. It was definitely "my wake up call". Thanks!!
                S

Comment

Never say never

Welcome and glad you are ok. Sounds like you are checking things out now and there is tons of info and advice here. Do get a dr. i you think the seizure had anything to do with drinking.

Comment

Never say never

Hi,

Can I add that I have experienced seizures when withdrawing. I was one of the most horrible things that has ever happened to me. At the time I would not attribute it to my drinking but it was entirely down to that.

If you have any doubt then please see a Doctor, I would not want you to suffer what I did. I wish you well and PM me if I may be able to help with any questions. If you really do not wish to see a Dr then you should cut back very, very slowly to allow your body to acclimatise to the lessening alcohol.

Amashed.

Comment

Never say never

:h

If you can go to a doctor, tell them what you are doing and about your seizure. I'm taking Librium.....no DTs or seizures. This is not the first time I've used the Librium.
                      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Never say never

Bjor,
                        Welcome!!! Stick with us. Get the book and the supps, they work!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X