Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Tuesday

Good morning everyone

Wow, where is everyone, its been ages since I started this thread. I have gotten spoiled being able to log on every morning and there is it.

Well it is the start of a new month. There were lots of successes in January and thats what we have to concentrate on. Not only is this a new month but lent starts tomorrow. Having set myself a number of 30 day challenges I am now aiming for a 40 day one. I also intend to give up junk!!! Made pancakes this morning for the girls and over indulged. Had an AF night last night and intend to do the same tonight (might pig out a bit on the junk though) and then tomorrow no junk, no Al, lots of exercise - thats the plan anyways but will be looking for lots of support. I know quite a few of you are aiming to do lent too.

Have a great Tuesday.

Rustop

I

Hello, Thanks RU for starting the thread. I am not feeling so great . I have had a period from h*** and to top things off have been drinking red wine to replace the lost blood. So yuck yuck yuck.WELL I will get back on track here. Thanks for being here. Rudemama

Comment

Hi Rust and R.M. I'm with you on giving up the junk and the Al. I also made pancakes, so one last binge (not with al) and I'm all set..
      Best of luck to everyone.
      Love Paula.

Comment

Morning all
        The junk...can't seem to get off this chocolate trip (a new gosh darn habit I need to work on...does it ever end???)...Have been AF for 3 months and have not lost even 1 lb...Geez...wonder why!!!
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Fat Tuesday !

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is FAT Tuesday....Day before Lent.....eat, eat, and eat some more.....just don't drink and enjoy that chocolate....just don't over indulge.

Here is a quote from tlrgs from a thread posted yesterday. Thought it was very fitting for all us ODATers.

yesterday,tomorrow,and today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there are two days in every week about which we should not worry.two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.one of these days is yesterday with its mistakes and cares,its faults and blunders,its aches and pains.yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.all the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.we cannot undo a single act we performed.we cannot erase a single word we said .yeserday is gone............the other day we should not worry about is tomorrow.with its possible adversities,its burdens,its large promise and poor performance.tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.tomorrow's sun will rise,either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds,but it will rise.until it does,we have no stake in tomorrow,for it is yet unborn........this just leaves only one day...today.any person can fight the battles of just one day .it is only when you and i add the burdens of those two awful eternity's-yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.it is not the experience of today that drives people mad. its is the remorse of bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring......let us therefore live but one day at a time.............................................. ...........................wrtten by;anita waid. i hope everyone likes this . it made me think and it so right

Make it a great AF Day today everyone !!
          Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

thanks!!!!

Thanks for sharing that quote! I have heard it before, but printed it this time so I have it here to refer to when it gets CRAZY!!

Day 1 for me, looking forward to getting a few under my belt before I head to Miami on Friday...........another meeting where there will be plenty of al flowing freely..............may not sleep too well tonight, but will take my melatonin and hope for the best...........it has been at least a week since I have had one AF day Cannot seem to get myself in gear and motivated....................but here goes!! I am determined as never before:agreed: !!!

Will check in later to see how everyone is doing, am not doing the lent thing as I am not Catholic, and my church is non denominational, they really don't push it.............but am going at least til Friday then next week Mon-Thurs again, to get me back into a routine!!

Love to you all:h , good luck w/ your goals!!

MA
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I love that Lent starts tomorrow, & there are so many of us that are giving up alcohol. Everyone seems pretty positive, & I love that we only have to think about staying sober today. Take care of your sobriety. I'm finding that remembering all the negatives of drinking (hangovers, nausea, etc.) is a good way to not have that first drink. Once I start, I cannot stop. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

good morning, just wanted to say hi, and now I am craving pancakes. mmmmm.....
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I shall be soooo glad when hubby's laptop is fixed - I'll have this PC to myself! First chance to check in today.... been doing lots of outside jobs - bracing sunny windy day here. Need to clear an area for my two new pregnant piggies!

Hunting off for me today as when I bought the horse in last night I noticed he had a shoe missing. He must have tried b***dy hard to lose that. Farrier is coming today but not until teatime. Shame to have missed such a good day out but there you go.

Looking forward to the lent challenge with the rest of you. I am really going to try hard to give up Al and snacking. I do way too much snacking as well as eating three meals a day!!

I did have a drink last night and probably will tonight too, knowing that it will be my last for 40 days. I'll be doing pancakes too.... might make them as Crepe Suzettes - yummy!

Bessie xx

Comment

feel for ya

Both my horses need to see the farrier soon, my mare is ready to throw one, it is very loose..............problem is I cannot ride due to my knee (BUT I almost saddled them up this past Sunday as it was a GEORGEOUS day!!) so I am dishing away all the money for shoes, but they both have a pawing problem and will wear their feet down way too far(AAUURGH!!! The cost of horses!!!:upset:

good luck and maybe you can get a late ride today

MA:h :l

Comment

Hi everyone!
                      I hope it is okay if I just jump right in. I need all the support threads I can find!
                      I'm on day two. It is so nice waking up without a hangover. I do have a horrible cold, but at least when I complain of being sick hubby doesn't shake his head and say "Yea right, last night consumption doesn't have anything to do with it?"

I hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

5 days AF

Good Morning to all of you. I look forward to reading this thread everyday and will hopefully be joining in with posting as well. Today is day 5 AF after many many (way too many to count) non AF days. I feel physically alot stronger, however, this not sleeping and being so tired are getting old. I have tried melatonin, valerin, and even Advil PM. I can not seem to get to sleep and then when its time to get up I can not seem to drag myself up. On top of day 5 I am in a extremely bad marriage and my husband has had surgery. I feel obligated to care for him the best I can, and at the same time I am so angry to have to be responsible for the few things he used to take care of such as the lawn and garbage. All other responsibility have always been mine and sometimes I think I started drinking just so I could be irresponsible. That's something for a therapist to figure out. Thank you all for listening to me vent and for being my support. I am truly grateful i forund this site.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Happy Super Fat Tuesday to those of us in the States, and Happy Fat Tuesday to the rest of the world.

I hope everyone is having a successfuly AF day!
                          tc

Comment

Time

I feel for you, hang in there, taking care of another person is mentally and physically draining, let alone not sleeping..............usually by day 4 or 5 I sleep a little better................today is day 1 for me and I am hoping and PRAYING big-time that I can catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZs.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers definitely!!!

MA:h :l

Comment

:l :l Time : thinking of you and sending you hugs
                              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
                              X