Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Wednesday

Hi all

The start of Lent, the start of a superhuman effort to do 40 days AF and, for me, also to not snack!! Looks like I'll be having lots of meals a day then! Going to take it one day at a time on this thread. Woke up this morning feeling a bit sludgy from 4 consecutive evenings with Al in them and then felt pleased that I wont be feeling like this again - at least for 40 days!

Love and luck to you all.

Bessie. xx

I'm with you Bessie for the 40 days! Feel sluggish too, but not because of AL, the slimey, stinky bastard. Oops, shouldn't swear during Lent. BUT he deserves it.

I echo Bessie......love and luck to all!

Suki :h :h

Comment

Hi Bessie, Suki and all to come

It is indeed the start of lent and a fresh start. After doing the 31 days in January I'm optimistic about getting through the 40 days. However, I know from experience that I can never get too cocky, thats when Al takes advantage. Will be checking regularly and taking it ODAT.

Rustop

Comment

I in too, for Lent, 40 days. I made sure to drink some wine last night as a last hurrah because I don't think there would have been enough of a transition, or giving up, kind of thing. The rest of the wine is going down the drain and I am in!! Let's see how good we are going to feel!! :h Oh I have to change my avatar, not mods squad now.
        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Hey all,
          good luck with the lent thing not really my scene but respect it. I am feeling bad. thinking of going to the dr. heavy heavy menstrual flow. af yesterday and i will be today.
          rudemama

Comment

rudemama, hope you feel better.

xx Suki

Comment

hey all!

Hi everyone, I am w/ rudemama, not doing lent, but DO respect it................hope you feel better rudemama!! YUCK, I can relate to the feeling...........get to a doc if you have too

Everyone, good luck on the lent 40 days, I just would kill for one...............was sooooo determined yesterday, made it through physical therapy in the pool (which KILLS ME!!!), picked up son from swimming, got all the way home, Mike was extremely BUZZED
              , so when he went to grocery store, I just asked if he would get me 2 beers...........so at least that is all I had, BUT still not AF as planned...............tonight will be rough cuz we are going out to a steakhouse w/ father in law, drinking will be happening BIG TIME
              ...............:upset:

Will deal with it as I get there, maybe I will be strong enough

Good luck to all and thanks for letting me vent:thanks: ...............(hugs needed!):l

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I am looking forward to the 40 days of Lent being AF. I actually started this AF stint on Monday. Last night AL called and he wanted to spend the evening with me. He thought he'd dress up as a bottle of Chardonney and come on over to celebrate Fat Tuesday. At first I thought that was a great idea, but then the more I thought about him, the more he pissed me off.

AL is a tame guy when he is in the bottle. But I remembered what a jack-ass he soon became and how he would ruin my sleep at night and how he'd take away my motivation the following day. I recalled all those wasted nights and days because of that looser.

I used the technique of "thinking through the drink". I learned this from one of Mary's posts and have used it on several occassions. I really does work.

Have a great AF day!
                tc

Comment

More about the 'thinking through the drink' technique please!!? Sounds like a good tool to have in the armoury!

bess xx

Comment

Hi Everyone: I had forgotten all about "thinking through the drink." It's pretty simple. When the urge hits, just think about what it will do in terms of physical, emotional, & spiritual health. Think about how you'll feel after you drink. Think of awful past experiences w/the bottle...the more gruesome the better. That's enough to stop most people from uncorking that bottle. There are more relapse-prevention tips in the Research Forum on the main forum page.

I too am going AF for Lent. Also I'm going to give up the snacking...I'm w/you Bessie on your resolutions. Be well & guard your sobriety everyone.

Love, Mary

PS: I'm finding that something simple like procrastination (in pouring the drink) works quite well. Also, we have no alcohol in the house at this time. I'd have to make a special trip out to get one. Do I really want to do that? No way!
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

I am not a religious person but I figure I should jump on the 40 days train - I know that I will give myself a day (valentines) but other than that I will try to stick with you guys.

I did have a bottle of wine last night, well..........just because, but I don't feel too bad this morning surprisingly. Really crappy day here weatherwise, need to go slow and careful to my appointments.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Love and hugs,
                      Uni
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

Bessie,

The "thinking through the drink" is a mental preview of what will happen after the first drink, or should I say it is a rerun of a film that you'd seen over and over and over again. It sort of goes like this for me -

One glass of wine (or whatever) would be fine. But, it never stops at one, or two, or.... It is always more than just a glass. After drinking I always feel remorse. My night is filled with broken sleep and I wake up in the AM feeling physically and mentally damaged. The following day is not as productive as it could be. I say to myself "I've got to quit drinking" and I continue to hate myself for drinking.

After I review the bad, I remember how happy and productive I am after an AF night!

tc

Comment

Joining you for lent

Hello everyone
                          I'm doing the 40 days of lent as well. I really need a spiritual renewel, and I belive this is it. I've been drinking for the past 3 days. Managed to stay AF last night because couldn't keep the vodka down. If that's not sick ...That's when I decided that this is enough. Physically felt horrible yesterday but I'm feeling better today, taking the supplements and staying positive.

I'm just happy I haven't lost hope, although, i've been close. I wish everyone the best with the 40 days, or any other goal you might have.
                          :angel:
                          :huggy
                          "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people" ~ Jennifer Beals

Comment

Hello everyone!!!! I am wishing all those lent folks much luck!! I have February goal, but am not doing the lent thing. I have a very bad AL Lent memory from a few years back. Thank goodness this new attempt to get things under control is workng.

By the way, every month I curse Eve for eating that damn apple!!!!!!

Comment

"After I review the bad, I remember how happy and productive I am after an AF night!"

Taking control, I am going to repeat that to myself over and over and over. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X