Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need ODAT - Thursday

Morning to all.

Up to get a head start on a busy day (though it does include a hairdresser appointment - grey roots are starting to get a serious hold!) so thought I'd check in before getting going.

Successfully, and enjoyably, stayed AF last night at a hunt support supper. Will be AF today. End of.

Wishing you all luck and love.

Bessie xx

Morning Bessie and all to come. One drink in the last 10 days, really think that doing the 40 days will be easy. Don't even think of what's-his-name.

Another miserable weather day, snow, sleet. But I found my umbrella!

Hope all have a great day!

Suki

Comment

Hi guys,

I've had a drink tonight, the first time in two months that i have actually gone to the bottle shop and bought a bottle. It was like "i have been soooo good for so long that i should have a drink." I know tomorrow i will wake up and beat myself up about it, but now i feel really good. Its like an old friend has come to visit. (sad is'nt it) !!!!!

Tomorrow day 1 again....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Choice xx

Comment

Hi everyone

Glad you found your umbrella Suki. As you said, once we prove that we can do x number of days we find the confidence to do longer and longer. Choice, you have two months under your belt, start again and keep checking in, you can do it.

Bessie, I too have that grey stripe, I call it my badgers stripe!!

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

AF for me, day 1 is always pretty easy, day 3 - 5 are the threshold I have to pass. Will hang out with those on chat this weekend pretty fierce! Going for 40 days, have a friend at work who is going for Lent as well. It is getting easier for me to look at a true friend and say, I need to quit drinking, I need to give my body a break. :h
          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Hey all,
            Feeling better today though still pretty anemic. i got some iron supps and am on a roast beef, raisin and spinach diet. af which helps too. It may be the anemia but i am so mellow that i don't really think about drinking which is generally a reaction to stress i am kind and gentle to my family though i spend alot of time prone.well its good to see you all
            i have to brave horrible weather in an hour or so wish me luck
            love you all
            rudemama

Comment

Rudemama, glad you are feeling better. Roast beef, raisin and spinach. YUM!

Rustop, yes, confidence comes in time. Have 10 days under my belt now and wouldn't recognize AL right now if I bumped into him. What a great feeling. Totally unexpected, but wonderful.

Choice, good for you for two months. Keep it up. There is no "beating up" here. Takes too much good, positive thoughts away from you and your plans.

Good day to all.

Suki xx

Comment

good morning!

Hey all, looks like everyone is doing fairly well, I did visit AL last night, or he visited me (??!!)

Oh well, realistically, since I travel again tomorrow to Miami, I may just wait til I get home from the trip til I make a commitment.......................who knows, maybe AF tonight while packing at home ALONE, hubby at baseball practice w/ Zac from 5-7.................... Would be easy!!! Then shower, get ready for bed and turn in when he gets home!

Everyone have a wonderful Thursday and whatever your goals are I hope they are met!!!

Love and hugs!!!!:h :l

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

7 Days AF if I make it through tonight which is going to happen. No sense in blowing this now. I spelt a little more last night than I have been so that is getting better. I need to stay AF because I do not want to do the last 7 days over again.

Good Luck to all of you meeting your goal today.

Comment

Sounds like everyone is doing well, Mama glad you are feeling a bit better......AF days, whether your goals are AF or moderation are still AF days...Our bodies say thank you and we should consider them all successes......Hope everyone has a good day!
                    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning all!! (Too many to name anymore and that is a wonderful thing!!)

Today in Alabama the sky is a severe blue (awesome blue) and the temps are in the 30s. It was in the 70s yesterday and day before. No wonder we had bad storms...

My hubby laughed at me because I slept through the bad stuff. Once in Little Rock, Arkansas I slept through a tornado in a Doubletree hotel where they evacuated everyone to the underground garage. They simply could not get me up. No drink involved. I just sleep that soundly when I do sleep. :H

Today, however, I am not drinking, and that is a wondrous thing!!

Love to all of you and I pray you achieve whatever your goals are.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Everyone: I just finished starting the daily thread on 30 day abs. Visit us there too if you want. I'm doing fine. I overcame a craving yesterday...that felt good. I did it w/the help of friends from MWO. I can see more & more that I want an AF life. I don't care how long it takes, that's what I'm going to have. I can't enjoy the blessings of my life unless I give up drinking...it's as simple as that. I'm never going to be able to moderate. It's not in me to do that. I hope this doesn't discourage anyone who has mod as a goal. There's absolutely nothing wrong w/that. I just can't do it. Keep trying to achieve your goals everyone. I'll check back later. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Back to day 1 for me.
                          I am getting a little tired of saying that.
                          Hopefully tired enough to STOP FRICKING DRINKING.
                          I can't even get my stupid Kudzu until I get ink for my printer to print out my free coupon....arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh
                          I will NOT drink today.

oh...and hi all :H...sorry...needed to vent that!!! hope you all reach the goal you seek today

I am grateful for each and every one of you.

much love and hugs,
                          Kee
                          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

What free coupon?
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I left for work, leaving my hubby behind to wait for a repairman. As I was drving, I was thinking that a few months ago I would have been in a panic leaving him alone in the house for fear my hiding places would have been discovered. I am sure he is just rambling about (not doing anything productive)...just waiting and poking around. What a nice feeling knowing he can poke to his hearts desire and will find nothing. Even if I felt secure knowing my booze was hidden well, I would be in fear of the unknown. When I did get home from work, I would pray there were no found bottles on the kitchen counters, and the ranting I knew that would follow..This would have been on my mind all day at work...did he or didn't he.......Just one of my new found freedoms I thought I would share...
                              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Working...
                              X