Warning, Warning It's Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:heart: I was been AF for 6 day today...feeling ok a little up and down - sore and tired but pushed through the working week. Got my supps yesterday so hopefully they will kick in soon.

Lost the plot last night and had heated words with my real estate agent - she is a cow but i think my AF contributed to my added temper as I am not a angry person - or at least when I am drinking I am not an angry person.

Friday and Saturday night will be my hurdles...i feel strong at the moment but it is still am. Planned dinner and a movie with friends, they are going to the pub prior to have a drink but I will meet them at the movies. How odd i wont be visting my second home tonight.

Wish me luck and courage - i know i can do this. positive...positve....positive!!!

Have a great all
    I am the author of my life.

Are you in Australia? I am just curious because you say it is Friday.

Sending you tons of strength! Great job on the 6 days thus far!

Comment

You GO, LFH! You can do this! Enjoy the movie!
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Hello looking!!!! Good job avoiding the pub! I know that you have struggling with that plot.

Enjoy the movie and good luck with the weekend AF.

Comment

Hi Looking! It's Thursday here , middle of a workday. Best of luck to you on the weekend.
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Hi everyone

The Friday night end of the week deserve a treat mentality seems to be a common theme!!! Maybe we have the habit of the Friday night Binge or the big night out syndrome???

I,m not an abstaiber more of a moderator ..with a definite Friday night mentality!!

Guess we need to have a cunning plan to fill Friday evening with other rewards than boozing??

cook a nice meal,, go to the theatre? cinema. read . TV, get on this site?
            Beauty therapy..facial etcgo walking, sports, keep fit..hobbies....and anything except sitting down vboozing.

Easier said than done!!

Good luck to those of us who have the "look forward to the drinks at weekend syndrome!,,i,m on Day of a plan to do 40 days for lent!! A lot of weekends to go

Regards Cassy

Comment

hi there..lookingforhope22...best of luck to you.you can do this ..and have fun tonight.the sober way
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

lookingforhope22;268320 wrote: :heart: I was been AF for 6 day today...feeling ok a little up and down - sore and tired but pushed through the working week. Got my supps yesterday so hopefully they will kick in soon.

Lost the plot last night and had heated words with my real estate agent - she is a cow but i think my AF contributed to my added temper as I am not a angry person - or at least when I am drinking I am not an angry person.

Friday and Saturday night will be my hurdles...i feel strong at the moment but it is still am. Planned dinner and a movie with friends, they are going to the pub prior to have a drink but I will meet them at the movies. How odd i wont be visting my second home tonight.

Wish me luck and courage - i know i can do this. positive...positve....positive!!!

Have a great all
                Ew, ew, EW! Good luck to you! You and I are "neck and neck". I'm on day 7 and the weekends are hard for me too!

Stay strong! I may have to stay HOME just to avoid the temptation. Supps. haven't arrived yet. I wish they would hurry.

Anyway, I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work!

Comment

cassy;268367 wrote: Hi everyone

The Friday night end of the week deserve a treat mentality seems to be a common theme!!! Maybe we have the habit of the Friday night Binge or the big night out syndrome???

I,m not an abstaiber more of a moderator ..with a definite Friday night mentality!!

Guess we need to have a cunning plan to fill Friday evening with other rewards than boozing??

cook a nice meal,, go to the theatre? cinema. read . TV, get on this site?
                  Beauty therapy..facial etcgo walking, sports, keep fit..hobbies....and anything except sitting down vboozing.

Easier said than done!!

Good luck to those of us who have the "look forward to the drinks at weekend syndrome!,,i,m on Day of a plan to do 40 days for lent!! A lot of weekends to go

Regards Cassy
                  Yea, I don't even have that anymore... not that I ever did...

Just have to find new things to occupy our time... no more "treats" for being good all week, huh? Doesn't work for me.

I can't believe I'll never drink again. I know my liver is wondering where the hell is its "food" at. Ha!

Comment

Good job LFH keep it up! I know what you mean, friday here and it can unravel me but so far so good. Tomorrow (saturday) afternoon is gonna be a clincher with a social kickback happening with friends and neighbours - this will be a first me attending something like this and not drink, I have faith I"ll do ok...going to be very different though!!

Saturday evenings I find the hardest.

13 days AF for me today. Gawd it seems longer..... I've been somewhat Ms Cranky Pants the last couple of days, prior I was doing ok in that department so not sure where this is coming from, also yesterday the tiredness came back again and I couldnt keep awake. Anyway keep on keeping on
                    Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for the support- it means alot to logon and read through the replies - thanks guys. Accountable yes i am from down under -it's now 6.00pm Friday eve just finished work and at home trying so hard to distract myself from my Friday night routine...which is straight to the bottle shop a couple of bottles of wine, friends, dinner probably more wine...then more wine, a couple of tia mia's and milk just to finish the night off...that's only if i dont jump into a cab and go into the city for some vodka and redbull and dancing until 5am.

I'm find it really hard...... arrrrrrr not happy jan this is why its called a hurdle!!!!

Thanks again
                      Big kiss to all

Comment

Just think of tomorrow....how much better you're going to feel if you haven't filled your system up with the usual old poison! The longer stretch of AF you do the easier it gets to not 'need' that weekend fix.

Good Luck

Suze x
                        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

just to say hope you done it,, am on my 3rd weekend af,,so this morning went and got some books to read,,,as my mum lives down the road and helps me at the weekend,but she gone away for 2 weeks,,,,boyfrend in hospital not with ac,,so it be 1st weekend on my own,,but keep tell my self l can do it

good luck
                          there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Hang in there guys, it gets easier, I'm on day 39 today (going for 90 days) and off to the cinema tonight. I'm driving, so that sorts that out. I personally don't use the supps as much although if I feel the 'desire' coming on a 1000mg of l-glut seems to work well. As each day progresses I am definately thinking less and less about alcohol (wine being poison of choice)

I always loved a friday and saturday night, trouble is I started to love a sunday afternoon/night, then a wednesday and thursday night too.

Got a few danger nights coming up, going out next friday night and friend (who drinks quite heavily) already suggesting I have just one glass of wine. I wont because I cant.

90 days is still to far away for me to concern myself about but If the noose is starting to loosen at 39 days what is 90 days going to be like?
                            Honour Thyself

Comment

I did it WOOOO HOOO - first hurdle accomplished!!! Thanks for all your input, your positive energy helped make this happen for me.

big kiss xx

Comment

Working...
                              X