3:30 PM On Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having a bit of a meltdown...I've had 21 AF days, with the exception of 2 glasses of wine last Saturday night....

Trying to work on my relationship with boyfriend...not really going very well. He's starting his own business so he's home all the time now...anyway talked to him last at 11:30 this morning, sent 2 text msgs and heard absolutely nothing.

I actually have a free night...son has a bday sleepover and daughter has plans...here it is Friday at 3:30 and I have NO plan at all. For the last few hours all I've thought about is stopping off after work and getting some beers. I've done so well and haven't even had cravings for over a week...

Now I feel all anxious and feel like I'm having a major meltdown...this probably sounds pretty silly to a lot of people..:upset:

Deep breaths Sherrie. Try to ride it out. Try to find something to do other than drinking. Many of us have been there - it is so worth NOT drinking!! Just think of how great you will feel in the morning.

Stay strong!

Comment

well, he was with his buddy playing pool and drinking beers for the last 4 hours...to make matters worse, I was in the bathroom at work yelling and my boss called me on my cell to tell me that everyone walking down the hall could hear me....now I want to just die.

Comment

hi there..sherrie. take it easy i know it looks like everything is coming down on you do you really want to make matters worst by drinking . the is over for you go home take a shower and like accountable said take some alone time and enjoy it . have a great evening ok good luck. and keep on posting .you can do it
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I have 45 mins left before I can leave...I am more upset now than before. I feel like a total idiot to my boss.

I have been trying to work things out for the last month with him...major problem was me drinking too much and being too touchy to others...at least according to him. No one else I ever dated told me that before.

Anyway, here I am doing my best and when I was on the phone with me all he did was through stuff up from the past about me when I asked him if he would like me hanging out in the bar for 4 hours while he was at work.:upset:

Comment

there's no way that I'm going to have a great evening...that will be impossible the way I'm feeling.

Comment

Sherrie - don't let all these things trigger you... AFM is right - you are setting yourself up for drinking right now and you have to turn that around.

Drinking will definaltely make you feel worse, and you have done really well. Many times if I had decided to have just a few glasses on week, then I would have a real craving ne next - bad one, so know that is normal. here are some suggestions..

Go to a movie
              Go to a bookstore
              Go shopping

Do anything out of the ordinary. These things take up time, and take yoru time. Notice you are doing soemthing other than drinking. They will become habit and you will have other things to fall back on.

Don't drink. You will be very dissapointed tomorrow, and is that worth it for just a few hours of giving in?

GOOD LUCK AND STAY STONG!

MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

You may surprise yoruself if you don't drink. That will be a great accomplishment. You will have risenabove your boyfriend, your boss and your cravings. You have 21 days.. 21 DAYS - Good FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! This is about you, not them...

Don't talk yourself into drinking.. that is what you are doing, don't do it...

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

stop Sherrie! Please, you are making this about boyfriend. He makes his choices and you make yours. Be strong, don't compound things by having emotional outbursts at work, that is a HUGE no no. Think about what you would like to do tonight, rewrite the script, instead of meeting boyfriend for a huge fight, how about, seeing that movie you wanted to see? How about, meeting a friend for whatever as long as it's not drinks, scope an art gallery, something else? It's worth a shot, I think... we are here you know, for you. :h
                  The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Sherrie, I'm feeling as frustrated as you are!!!!! I've only been AF since Monday and I feel like tearing down the walls.....husband and daughter have gone out to have fun.......I'm stuck here. My husband is starting up a new business and he is driving me FACKING NUTS!!! So I try not to go anywhere because going somewhere entails spending money. But he and my daughter can go out. WTF???????

Sherrie, you don't drink and I won't either, okay?????

Hugs to you!
                    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

thanks everyone...

Noelle, I know the feeling. My 2nd weekend AF we went into a bar/restaurant and he drank in front of me...not very cool.

Last Friday night, we had plans because for once in life I didn't have my kids...I get to his house at 5:15 and he had gone to get something to eat at 2:30 and had beers, then a few more before I arrived. So, he basically fell asleep and we did nothing...again, not very cool.

I'm not feeling strong and I want to make myself feel better inside...cause I feel just awful

Comment

sherrie, it really sounds like he only gives a rat's ass about himself. Why put so much time and energy into someone that slams you for drinking, but does it in front of you?

Give yourself some time away from him to deal with your own issues. You won't get far if you are on this emotional roller coaster trying to save a relationship that may not even be worth saving. Just a thought.

You come first right now. I hope I didn't offend, but it seems like a lost cause right now. Maybe not forever, but for right now. Sending you strength. I mean this all very sincerely.

Comment

Sherrie..

You have to know that the feelings you are having, sad, frustration, anger are all real emotions, emotions every single person on this planet has. We have to learn that just because they are not pleasant feelings, they are important feelings - to feel. You have to experience all feelings good and bad. We tend to only want to experience the good, so when the bad comes up we drink, thinking that will make it good.. just an illusion, as we all know. That tends to make it worse - vicious cycle...

Experience your feelings, sit with them. It's OK to have them. It's OK to be unhappy - you don't have to drown them out - they need to be heard, too.

Hope this makes sense..

MM

Comment

I'm so angry with my husband right now that usually I'd be drinking...but I'm not going to let him "make" me drink!!!!!! Only *I* can do that!!!!!!! HAH to him!!!!!
                            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

We can't control what other people do, but we can control how we react - that is up to us....

Comment

Working...
                              X