Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need encouragement right away!

Hi you guys,

I was in this program a few months ago, confident, caring, successful. For some reason, I started drinking again and am totally out of control. I am going to put down the beer and take topomax today, start again. I REALLY need your encouragement. I feel somewhat alone in this problem and need to pick up and fix all this. Please email back.

Choosetobelieve

Choose,

I have done well off and on and let myself get back into a "bad space," too.

I had a great old binge two days ago and decided enough is enough.

Join us on the ODAT thread and let's do this one day at a time.

I have watched some impressive number of AF days pile up for many. Let's pile ours up starting now!!

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

just to say good luck for knowing you want to stop,,keep telling yourself yoy can do it,, ldone 6 mouth then had a slip for 2 weeks,, and l could not get out of it,,,,but then l said thats it been af for 18 days ,,,not taking anything ,,,but finding it hard,,,

GOOD LUCK
      there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

CTB - you just took control. Congratulations! So many of us have slipped off the path. But it doesn't matter because we can get back on it. You have a fresh start ahead of you Breathe -- really deeply -- and know you can do this. I'm sending you lots of positive vibes --
        K.
        ~K.

Comment

Dear Choosetobelieve,

You are DEFINATELY not alone! We all came to this site for the same reason - we have a problem with AL.

If you have had successes in the past, draw on them. Sit and make yourself feel what it was like when you were in control. Recreate that feeling. You have done it, you can do it again. I know this last time I thought I had lost it for good - that feeling. But it never goes away. It is just waitng for you to uncover it again. You may have to dig a bit deeper, but you can do it, and we can help you.

I started with TOPA again this time, but did it a bit different. I take mine all in the evening, this way I don't feel foggy all day. Just a suggestion.. many peole take it that way, so if you need some advise, put a post up and we will respond.

You say you started drinking "for some reason", you need to try and figure out what the reason was. Some people say for no reason, but I am not sure that is realistic. For me, I had to face a lot of feelings, triggers, and look myself in the face - then I was able to fight it head on.

I am so glad you came back.. Stay close, post a lot, ask a lot of questions - and maybe join the ODAT or Daily Abs thread. They are both very supportive

Good luck!

Namaste,

MM
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hi Choosetobelieve and welcome back.

You are never alone with your alcohol problem..........we`re all here for you whenever you need us. Get that topa down you and jump right back into the programme. You did it before and you know you have it in you to repeat that success.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi Choosetobelieve, and welcome back.

Crazy how this happens? One day we are celebrating and loving life without AL and the next we hop right back in bed with him? We just cannot let our guard down with this guy!

You are certainly not alone. Glad to have you back!

XX Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi Choose, welcome back:welcome: ! Yes, as Kate says, Al is a creepy sneaky guy. This forum is such a godsend to those like us who he's always trying to lure. :H
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Hi Ya CTB

Hi CTB, been there done that. As alcoholism is progressive often a slip can lead to a real bender, am just pulling out of one myself. Nothing beats being AF, nothing.
                  Hope to see you round on the boards. Best wishes.

Comment

I know what you mean when you say you feel alone....I have a problem with binging. Just can't stop myself from binging - although the topa is helping tremendously and I hear the higher I get on the dosage, the less I will want to binge (I hope!). Today has been VERY difficult for me - the AL is really calling my name and I am trying hard to stay busy so I don't have that first drink.

So - let's both put the beer down and be AF, if only for today!:thanks:

Comment

THANK-YOU SO MUCH!

I was at rock-bottom when I posted that messge a couple of days ago, with a beer in my hand and tears in my eyes. I am so grateful for the posts, they gave me so much hope. I found the topomax in my cabinet and started taking it again, haven't had any alcohol since, and have found hope and life again. What a tremendous relief. It is so discouraging to have relapses. But, necessary to be prepared for them and to understand that you all are all, along with medical science, are here to lead the way back out. Thank-you so much. I am glad to be here to help my brothers and sisters when they - you need help too. I will turn my attention to those other threads. Thanks, all! Thanks a cagillion!!

Comment

Working...
                      X