• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough already

Had enough of this drinking crap
    Need to make a change

Enough already

I see that you are new here. You have found an inspirational group of people who will support you no matter what. I have been a member for months, but just recently got to a point in my life where I could not take anymore of what I was doing to myself (not to mention my children). A few weeks ago I could not have even imagined going 9 days alcohaol free (AF) but here I am today.

There are many useful tools on this website. Please read the book and get the supplements and or Hypnosis CD's (which I have found helpful although many will tell you their humorus stories). Please post and look for many successful people to give you support and advice. You are no longer alone and if you keep coming here you will see what a great group of people you have just joined. Hang in there. We will be here when you need us.

Comment

Enough already

Welcome

:welcome:

I second T2C's welcome and advice.

This site is a great resource, and the people will help in any way possible. Just let us know what you need!

I started here two months ago and was a little slow to get the book, tried doing things on my own, and although I did pretty well in January, I'm finding the CD's are helping a lot with the sleeplessness I experienced when I stopped drinking, and although I'm just now starting with the supplements, I really believe our brain chemistry needs some fine tuning.

So welcome and glad you've joined us for the ride.

Comment

Enough already

:welcome: welcome Enough! I am exactly where you are. this is an amazing, nonjudgmental forum. lots of wisdom, support, and even some hilarious people. please keep posting !!!
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Enough already

hi enough already
          i dont post much but have been a member since january. no matter what way you approach this, and there are many ways, everyone is different, there is no doubt that you will find this website an inspiration if you keep logging on. It is like having a substitute "special friend" instead of AL the enemy, that you can turn to, who understands you, and who is like you. It is not a quick fix or the solution all by itself but it is an immense aid, hope to see u posting more. I am not AL free but I have come so far, and I am so proud of what I have achieved in such a short space of time, my whole outlook on AL has changed in less than one month. Good luck on your journey.
          AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

Enough already

Welcome Enough: I've posted this statement before, "Drinking gets old". There are so many other things you can do with your life then to drink, cure a hangover, to drink, cure a hangover, etc... Drinking doesn't enhance the person that you already are. It brings you down, whether it changes you way of thinking, communication etc... Not drinking brings out the best in you. It enables you to think more clearly, act more responsibly and makes you be an enjoyable person to have around. Good luck whether you decide to abstain or moderate. Take baby steps. In time you will have more pride and gain lots of strength. -Reenie
            September 23, 2011

Comment

Enough already

I concur with everything that has been said. This is a great site for support, Enough... yes, I hear you loud and clear. ENOUGH ALREADY!

Comment

Working...
              X