Juicing vegtables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juicing vegtables

I was given a juicer machine, the type that extracts the juice from the fruit or veg and leaves you with a juice on one side and pulp on ther other side. Does anyone know if this is really beneficial. Tastes good , especially tomato, lemon parsley and cucumber...plus the dog likes the pulp. I guess it can't hurt?. Easier than eating that quanitiy...clean up is fiddly.
    FH

Juicing vegtables

VERY BENEFICIAL!!!
    I just did a 5 day juice fast. Think about it - you can juice and therefore get the nutrients of 5 carrots, a beet and a handful of greens in a single glass. Are yo likely to eat that much? And in drinking juice your body is required to do very little digestion, so all of it goes directly into your system as nutrients. Juice is also very cleansing, especially fruit juice. My fave for the morning is apple, lemon and ginger juice. Makes me feel so alive!!

Different fruits and veggies have different healing qualities. For example, cabbage juice is very healing for stomach ailments. Do some online research. You have been given a great gift!

And if you want, simmer the pulp of veggie juice in water and make a wonderful vegetable broth.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Juicing vegtables

Thanks for that info. I will simmer the pulp what a good idea!! use it instead of store bought broth, which I use all the time!

I guess the big thing is the ability to absorb the nutrients without the competition of the pulp. I have juiced every day for 2 weeks, it is the first thing I do in the morning and then I don't eat for 30 min.

The volume of veg that i go through is amazing!, I juice a months worth of " eating vegtables" in a week. I often don't even want my coffe now.

Comment

Juicing vegtables

5 day juice fast! :goodjob: was it hard? How much did you drink? how did it feel. Did you lose weight and what about you ...how many trips a day to the loo? Were you hingry?

Comment

Juicing vegtables

FH - try this one: Beetroot, carrot & celery with half a lemon - go easy on the beetroot as it is very strong - it is delicious, especially when cold - enjoy!
          :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
          Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

Juicing vegtables

Ah, I love juice with beets in it - but I have it with garlic instead of lemon. WOW!! And I added some of the beet greens.

The fast was/wasn't hard. I was hungry - sometimes quite ravenous - but because I was in the right mindset it was okay. Actually was easier than trying to "diet". I took a laxative herbal tea and psyllium husk to make sure I was visiting the loo often enough!

Comment

Juicing vegtables

Beets are a great source to rebuildnthe liver. I understand the liver is the only organ we have that can rebuild itself. But be careful when juicing beets - the juice is STRONG I use 1/4 beet with 5 carrots and an apple.

Comment

Juicing vegtables

I use a whole beet when I juice.
                Do remember that you had beet juice when you go to the loo - otherwise you might panic and call for an ambulance thinking you're bleeding to death!!

Comment

Juicing vegtables

Thanks for the ideas. I have used beets and since I am so new to this I don't really know strong from weak. I just had bok choy, tomato, lemon, cucomber and carrot. ..very nice and light.

My fav so far is beet , lemon, parsley, tomato and celery. I tried kale and it is a bit like swamp water, maybe I used too much .

Can you combine too many vegtables at once? and do I have to have an empty stomach and how empty is empty? 2 hours since last food?

I do 1st thing in the morning and would like to do again but don't know when to be most beneficial, does it really matter?

How much juice do you drink per day on a 5 day fast?

I am almost off processed food now, still eat canned soups sometimes and beans but most else is fresh. Not the bread thought still love my bread and butter and only organic fish and chicken
                  have a great and healthy day!!

Comment

Juicing vegtables

reading this thread has got me excited so will get out my juicer and get juicing! must stock up on a variety of veg especially beetroot as I love beets any which way!
                    thanks
                    Anna x
                    IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                    Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Juicing vegtables

Swamp water , hahaha. There is a book with the title" juice fasting for life "(I think) I'm at work and book is home but it gives you combs for what you want to adress. I like carrot, celery, a little cuke, and a little parlsey to top it off. I think carrot is good for liver.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Juicing vegtables

Has anybody ever juiced a potato?
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Juicing vegtables

I don't think juicing a potato is a good idea. There is something bad about raw potatoes. Somebody else help me here...?
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Juicing vegtables

raw potatoes bad
                            (is that good enuf beatle?)

Comment

Juicing vegtables

Carrot juice gives me some kind of sugar high. I love beet and celery though : )
                              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                              - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X