Mon. - Feb. 11 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: I had sober fun this weekend. Sat. we celebrated my son-in-law's b-day: homemade food, banter, sweet kids & puppy running around. Sun. I went for a dog walk w/a friend & did some cooking for the week. Sober fun vs. drunk fun. No comparison. Sober fun means I'm aware of what's happening & can take part appropriately. Drunk fun fades measurably after the first few drinks. From then on, I'm monitoring myself for normalcy. And of course there's the next day to contend with. The next day after sober fun is just that...another day. The next day after drunk fun is hangover & guilt. Choosing is a no-brainer. I'll take sober fun any day.

tk: I hope you had fun w/Dad & Stepmom. As we get older (I'm almost 63), our grown children mean so much to us. They almost (not quite) become our closest friends.

Cindi: Please check in & let us know how you are. Remember this journey is ODAT.

Peggy Sue: I read your last post. Stay sober for your g-kids. They probably wouldn't suspect this demon, but it keeps you from being with them fully. I know that's the case w/me.

Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mary and tkeene and all to come,

Stayed sober yesterday and MUST today.

Just got a call from Adrienne's hubby. He's scared to death and wants me to run down and get her to hospital asap. She can't see well enough to drive, running fever, throwing up, same symptoms as last 5 months!!

Getting a document finished up, should take about 30 minutes and then going.

Wish me luck.

I am sitting here crying trying to get through this stupid document but am already late on it and don't want to lose my stupid job.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Mary and tk, it is good to see both of you so upbeat. It always starts my day off well.

I had just fallen asleep last night when I got a call from Maddy in tears. She had just learned that the sorority she wanted to get in hadn't bid for her. She was crying and devastated. I don't know how much help I was, since I was only half awake. Anyway, it was an academic sorority, but she didn't make it. I wish I could have just held her and rocked her til she felt better (not that she would have let me). It makes me sad, because she had put a lot of hope into it. I just sent her a text, but she is probably still asleep.

Otherwise, I am doing okay AF; in fact, tomorrow is 8 months Af for me. I hope you will all celebrate with me! Party, party!:H

Hugs to everyone yet to come and of course to Mary and tk!

:l :l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

trying again

Hi All

Just come back after failing again, see my thread. Hope to join you on a daily basis. Hope it will work this time, but then that is up to me I know. First day for me I will not drink today, wish me luck. See you all at Kathy's party.

Mary :l

Comment

my third AF free day today I did the shopping and looked at the cans of gin and tonic I used to buy and didn't even feel the need to pick it up and sling it in the basket.

I said to my husband today, it's like somebody has turned the 'need alcohol' switch off in my head. It's remarkable.
          'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
          From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

heya cats n kitties, TKeen and Cindi so sorry to hear of the troubles you are facing...just hoping all the very best.
            AF and feeling better mostly today. waiting to hear more from my doc about possible complications when combining antibuse/naltrexone/citalopram or any combination thereof.
            Got to try and get my head together so I can drive today and get the windshield replaced on the truck. got a VERY busy February to contend with....so I'll be doing it AF and odat.
            be well friends.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

BTW, Hovercat welcome! cool avatar. a new superhero?
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Madisonmay, wondered where you've been. nice to have you back
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Kathy: Count me in on the 8 month par-tay.

It is so difficult to stand by & see our kids go through life's difficulties (i.e.Maddy). Hopefully, this disappointment will open the door to some blessing which is coming her way. You know how it goes: "When one door closes, another opens up."

Cindi: Keep strong. You have to be.

Love, Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Cindi, I am so sorry about Adrienne. I was posting at the same time as you, and I didn't realize it. I imagine that by now, you have gotten her, and she is in the hospital. I am praying that she will be okay. I bet you can't get her to the Mayo clinic soon enough. I'm sending you lots of cyberhugs and good vibes to help you get through this.:l I feel so helpless; I wish I could DO more.

tk, thanks for your thoughts re: Maddy, but coming home to Cindi's post puts things in a whole new perspective for me.

Welcome Hovercat, and Welcome Back, Madisonmay!

Good luck with your meds Deter. I hope being busy is good for you in trying to go AF.

Thanks for your support Mary.

Well, time for me to make dinner for the kitties and then for me.

Hugs all 'round!:hug:
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X