Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying Again

Hi All

I have been a member for quite awhile, and have achieved two periods of 36 and 48 days, but unfortunately, failed with the last one due to my dear dear Mum passing away suddenly, she was 81. Unfortunately, due to her fear of hospitals, none of my family knew she was ill, she kept it to herself. A couple of my family members still lived with her, and she didn't tell them that she was in any pain or discomfort. She was a very strong indepent woman, would never give in to the fact she was getting older.

I come to the boards almost every day and read all your posts, although I don't post, and have been encouraged by what I read, especially by others who like me have fallen by the wayside, but are making the effort to pick themselves up, and start again. Anyway I have decided to give this another go, maybe third time lucky! I have been using the wine to deaden the loss, but know this has got to stop, two bottles of wine a night is not good. I know Mum wouldn't want me to keep drinking, she was teetotal, and didn't know about my problem, she would have given me an earful if she had, even though I am 55!!

So here I am on day 1, hopefully it will be the first of many, NO IT WILL BE THE FIRST OF MANY. Wish me luck.

Mary

Trying Again

Mary, Good to see you posting again. Sorry to hear about your mum. Its always hard to loose a parent especially one as strong and independant as you mother was. I'm sure she was a real force in your life.

Come here often, there are plenty of good people who want to support you. Drink plenty of fluids, keep busy and do whatever works for you to stay AF.

Wishing you the best

Love and Peace
    Rob

Comment

Trying Again

Welcome back Mary. I hope you will post a little more (if you feel like it) and let us know how you are doing.

I am sorry about your Mum. She does sound like she was very strong. I'm sorry that you didn't have more time to prepare for her death though.

I am happy that you are here.:welcome:
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Trying Again

hi there.. mary..welcome back and remember one day at a time thats all it takes. and sorry for your lost.
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Trying Again

Welcome back Mary! You can do this - one day at a time is all it takes. Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom.

Comment

Trying Again

Mary: I too am sorry about your mum. You're right...she wouldn't want you to drink every day. Please come & post. It's the best way to stay sober. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Trying Again

Rob, Kathy, TLRGS, Accountable, Mary

Thank you so much for your replies, it was the encouragement I needed. I will try really hard this time. I am determined to kick Al up the backside and out of my life.

Mary:h :l

Comment

Trying Again

Mary - good, good luck and courage..... We're here gunning for you!

Go find yourself a delicious 'substitute' today - smoothie, shake, best coffee/cappuccino, hot choclolate with ALL the trimmings!......and lots of water - fills you up apart from everything else! Sainsbury's Calendonian sparkling water with lemon plus a shake of Angostura bitters (at JS too) and/or Bottle Green ginger cordial (they of the Elderflower presse fame - also at JS!).....works a treat and is a 'sophisticated soft drink'....I love it but I keep the bitters addition for 'after 6' to have something 'grown up' in the evening! (The JS lemon water is quite unlike anyone elses; it has no sugar - isn't one of those 'flavoured' waters... I buy it by the 2 dozen!!!)

Just in case that helps any....worked for me.

Love and hugs on your journey.
                FMS xx
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Trying Again

Thanks Finding, the flavoured water drinks sound interesting, will give them a try. I feel really determined today. ODAT

Love

Comment

Trying Again

Mary - Sorry to hear about your Mum too!

Stress like that does make more it difficult to be AF - but - you are here now - and if there is anything we can do to help you give old Al a good butt kicking' - you only have to ask!

Satori's Al Butt Kicking Service is open for business - All Al butts cheerfully kicked - free of charge for MWO members only!:H

FMS - That Caledonian lemony water from JS sounds good to me too - I will be near to a JS tonite - must see if they have any up here in the wilds of Caledonia !

Love

satori

XXX
                    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Trying Again

Hi Satori

Thanks for your comments, I will certainly call on you Al Butt Kicking service, somebody needs to sort him out.

I sent a pm to you recently did you get it?

Hope everyone is doing OK today.

Love

Comment

Trying Again

Mary,,

You have PMs

Love

Satori

XXX
                        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
                        X