Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me to take a deep breath

Why do familys drive you to the point of screaming? !!!!!` aND DRINKING
    Give me reasons why I should not drink this bottle of french Noir! I haven't been on for awhile, I haven't given so much advice as I don't think that I have enough experience too offer something that would be useful. I read all the posts, have gained so much knowledge and alot of humor from this site. I feel so selfish just banging in here and asking for adVvice, but its the only place that i have too shout out loud...........maybe thatsmy problem, I don't shout out enough. I rum and I run but its not enough! i know that i have grown sooooooo much from reading the threads here. I have gained so much knowledge and strenght. I have passe dthis on to hinm in an indirect way, I have actully said that I have register on this site. I know My husband has grown as well, from my readings.................!
    Why do his family make me feel like nothing when at the end of the day..........I'm the one that looks after them.....................I'm going to push the subimite buttom.........you don't have to anwser I'm just venting.............I've drunk half a bottle ......which for me is a lot.l...I have not aot tolerence to alochol at alllllllllllllllllll. I want to drink the rest but I know I have to get up at 7-00 am and wish my son good luck for the race tomorrow...........I dont want to have a hangover when

Vent away! We have all been there and family is usually a HUGE trigger for many of us. Being a mother/wife/sister we are usually the care takers and the fixers of problems and don't take that same consideration for ourselves. Relax and know you are not alone.

Do not drink the rest of that bottle. Take some quality time for you. Lock yourself in the bathroom and take a bath, listen to music, read something you like to do and relax.

Sorry, it is so tough for you right now.
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Yes, vent away! As PP has mentioned - family are HUGE triggers.

I wouldn't be a drunk if I did not have my family - I SWEAR! (My mother, sister, etc..)

Do, take some time for you. Have a nice hot bath, eat something, and read a good book. Don't drink the rest of that bottle. It won't solve anything.

Comment

Ok Monrose, Take that deep breath, put that bottle away and follow Precious' advice.

Nobody can screw with your brain like family, they know all the buttons to push and when to push them, but drinking the rest of that wine won't change or improve the situation.

You are always welcome to come here and tell us what's on your mind.

For now, get some fluids in you, some rest and a warm bubble bath sounds pretty darned swell.

Love and Peace
        Rob

Comment

please do not think that i saw you..............i can inmagine that ouye can not imageine that i can not seee vyou...............I do................i have so noooooooooooooooo iintolitlence to red wne...............i feel to drunk to reply...................... thank for your he?g-you are all great. tjanl........

Comment

how do you chat when you are o?ver the limit..............................

Comment

SORRY :::::::::::::CANT SEEEN TO THI N K NORAL:::::::::will call tomorow sorry !!

Comment

Monrose-
                Deep Breath.... go get your knitting needles out.... build a tee-pee for those nasty relatives to live in..... drink water with lemon, dear, today will pass.

:heart:

Patty
                Tampa, FL

Comment

DO YOU HAVW LIVEW CHAT

Comment

Hi Monrose

Best right today off and get some shut eye soon.Dont dwell on tha family issues tonight(easier said than done !!)

dont you beat yourself up though ..just wake up glad to have a new day to unravel before you.

We have all been there and may continue to go there again.

Red Wine always did send me tipsy after 2 glasses!!

Hope you dont have crazy dreams about the crazy family.

good night

Cassy

Comment

Yes Monrose, families can and do really kick where it hurts. Be good to yourself.

Lxx
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Monrose, you have two separate problems. One is the drinking problem, which we all have here, and the other problem is a family you won't set boundaries with. Don't confuse the two. You say you "look after them"---??? Then quit doing so, and state your reasons! Or...don't state your reasons, and let them figure it out on their own. NOBODY CAN BOSS YOU unless you let them. And if you let them, you have no right to whine. I don't see that it's any more complex than that. Do it or don't do it, decide why, and look after yourself.
                        Jane Jane

Comment

oh yea.oh yea........(I could hang my head in shame and wish i knew how to delete this post).........Thanks everyone for the posts and support. Unfortunately i did drink the whole bottle. I was so sick yesterday I stayed in bed most of the day. I truely think as I move into the next half of my life I am developing an reaction to Alcochol, by that I mean it make me soooooooooo sick.
                          I use the supps, cds and have to say they have been a great help, feel better more engery etc.
                          The last 2 times I have drunk it been the day before my monthly so I will have to remember that, Try and make a plan for next time. Not invite the inlaws for dinner around that time:H
                          Jane jane, We are currently looking for a new house to get away from them all....We all live very close to each other............
                          But we have responsiblites that we can't just shug off........
                          Santori wrote a post about being a non drinker,,,,,,,,,,I thought that i was actully starting to feel that............i guess you just pick yourself up and keep going...
                          Again thanks to you all..........:blush:

Comment

I'm happy that you sound so much better. Just followed this thread this morning. I can so relate to family stress. I take care of my dad and my niece. And her mother and my brother live here too (also alcoholics who have no desire to quit). I'm the only one who drives so all the family errands land on my shoulders as well. But!! And it's a strong but, the day came when I had to stop blaming them for my drinking. It's so easy to blame others and grab a bottle. Wasted a lot of years with this excuse.

One day I just said, screw it! I no longer will give anyone the power over me again. They still stress me out, but once I came to the conclusion that I have control over me, it all clicked.

When the stress is building and the pressure is getting bad, just stop right there in the moment. Take a deep breath and tell yourself, "they are not allowed to do this to me. I will not allow is to happen to me". You may not control all that is around you, but remember that YOU ARE the only one that can control you and your actions. If you don't take care of you, who will?

This may sound stupid and it may sound silly. But it worked for me.

You deserve better. Best of luck to you.

Love, Me
                            :l
                            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                            X