need to stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to stop

but dont know how shaking etc now that if i can make through one day will be ok
    :thanks:

need to stop

Keep an eye on the shaking and other withdrawal symptoms, for sure. It will be very tough the first few days, with much craving to drink, but never underestimate the body's ability to repair itself. After 14 years of heavy drinking, I felt physically like a new man after only 5 days AF. Try to stay occupied with some kind of activity that can mitigate thoughts about alcohol. This will also make it easier to ignore unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Hang in there.

Comment

need to stop

:welcome: Monkey Don't know what to say cause I am new at this to and hate the shakey thing, but good luck and keep trying, also see your doctor if you need too!:new:
      Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

need to stop

monkey01;271484 wrote: but dont know how shaking etc now that if i can make through one day will be ok
        :thanks:
        do you think you might be an alcoholic? just my thought.

~ripple~
        :goodjob:

Comment

need to stop

Geeze - you're a bloody genius Ripple!

Monkey, if they get too bad go straight to your dr or a hospital. There's some advice from RJ (on this web site) at the top of one of the threads, I'll see if I can find it for you.
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

need to stop

It's at the top of the "new thread" list, but here's the contents:

Alcohol Withdrawal

Please seek professional care if you are experiencing alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Here is some additional information:

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/9339/25725.html
            http://alcoholism.about.com/od/withdraw/a/blucd040604.htm
            http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000764.htm

If you are thinking of harming yourself or others, please contact the appropriate resource below. You have many friends here who want you to get better.

Suicide Hotlines

US: 1-800-784-2433
            Web: www.suicidehotlines.com/ (links to each state)

Canada: 1-800-448-3000
            www.suicidehotlines.com/canada

UK and ROI: 08457 909090 or +44 1603 611311
            Web: www.samaritans.org

Australia: 131 114
            Web: www.lifeline.org.au

International: www.befrienders.org/
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

need to stop

monkey I just wanted to say I totally understand how you feel. This is a f***ing horrible f***ing disease and I really hope that AL goes to the pits of hell. I am sorry you are feeling this way - is sucks horribly cause even tho once you get the physical shit outta the way the mental crap is so much worse in my honest opinion

you are so not alone
              when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

need to stop

Flip;271556 wrote: Geeze - you're a bloody genius Ripple!

Monkey, if they get too bad go straight to your dr or a hospital. There's some advice from RJ (on this web site) at the top of one of the threads, I'll see if I can find it for you.
                Thank you!!!

Comment

need to stop

Monkey,

If you can make it to a health food store there is a product called "hangover relief". It has all of the essential vitamins and minerals to help you through this. Also, take Gaba. It has a natural calming effect on the body and will help with the shakes. Above all, if you are in real trouble go the the Dr. or hospital. Stay on the boards. We will all get through this.
                  Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Working...
                  X