close call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

close call

Well, I'm over eight months sober at this point, and today I came very close to throwing it out the window and buying a bottle of Malbec (or whatever red wine I could get my hands on).

Of course, I thought about a few things:

1. Sadness is usually a form of fatigue.

2. I will turn into Ms. Hyde if I drink.

3. I always have a choice in the matter - nobody can tell me what to do.

I also thought about the fact that I worked for five weeks straight (it was a tremendous opportunity, what can I say?), and that once I got my day off back, I never took it. I always found a way to make the day anything but relaxing. I became the classic "workaholic" for two months straight.

I wasn't even aware of it until I went to a health food/supplement store and read out of this giant book they have perched on a stand (subject: STRESS).

Filling my day off with chores and projects? They weren't even projects that address my passions! That simply won't be happening anymore.

:H
    "It takes a whole lot of medicine, Darlin', to pretend to be somebody else" - Bonnie Raitt

close call

It`s high time you rewarded yourself now and filled your life with the things that make you tick........indulge your passions.......you`ve earned the right.

8 mths is wonderful. I wish you continued success.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

close call

"It takes a whole lot of medicine, Darlin', to pretend to be somebody else" - Bonnie Raitt

Rebelicious, I love that song too. It was written by Randy Newman, I think. You might enjoy his version as well.
      Love and Peace,
      Phil
      Love and Peace,
      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Working...
      X