Wed. - Feb. 20 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read yesterday's daily thread. What a boost it gave me! New people, old people, & everyone in between.

Today, I reached 20 days sober. The biggest gift I have received is that I'm free of guilt. Because I was a closet drinker, the secrecy of buying, hiding, drinking alone, & disposing of the bottles was absolutely soul destroying. It effected all my interactions & relationships. When I don't drink, I'm much spunkier & more open w/my thoughts & feelings. I don't have the burden of guilt weighing me down & keeping me withdrawn.

If you are trying to get sober, please keep coming to MWO. With all my ups & downs, it's working for me. In recent years, I have not been happier or more productive.

Mary

PS: Cindi, it was great to see you share yesterday.
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mary
    I can so relate to the guilt thing.....The secrecy of a closet drinker and the work that is involved just keeping that secret....secret. My nerves were completly shot and I found myself jumping at the least little noise, creak, loud voice......out of guilt....That burden is now gone and no longer is weighing me down......just another plus to being "free".
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

allright 20 days. keep it up.great job
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Mary and Charlee,

I am looking forward to not being guilty for causing my hubby so much pain. I was never much of a closet drinker but it sure hurt him when I did.

What am I on, day 14 now? Wow.

Love you all!!

Have a wonderful day.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Freedom = Power. Great stuff. Freedom from hiding, priceless. Power to us all.

Lxx
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

So great to see everyone here...especially you Cindi, because you came so close to leaving us. I don't think we quite understand the role alcohol plays in our depression. Once we get off it, our mind clears, & we can do what's necessary.

When I first came to MWO & people shared about being closet drinkers, I was amazed! I thought I was the only one. I think that commonality of experience is one of the forces for change that this site offers.

I'll check in later.

M
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Yay! Everyone sounds good, and those AF days are starting to build up again. It's good to see. If anyone gets a little antsy tonight, remember, it is a full moon and an eclipse as well. IT WILL PASS QUICKLY! I DO believe that these things can have an impact on us, so I'm just handing out a friendly reminder .

Oh well, I've got more paperwork to do this morning. Does it ever end?? Sometimes it feels like it doesn't. It sux.

Anyway, be well my friends and partners!

:l :l
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

hi there everyone...14 days AF today...i cant believe it...i am so happy...and my family - especially my kids - are loving the new me....all the little things that have been fighting for so long- like tucking them in smelling like wine , etc - are the little things that make me feel free and easy....like you said mary - the hiding and sneeking is gone...that feels great...i cant believe that i was doing that for so long...it took soooooo much energy....the planning and all...yuck....so today i am greatful- truly greatful for my sobriety and i will not go back....i hope everyone has a great and blessed day...hugs hugs hugs...buckle

Comment

Afternoon all

Good to see so many of you ratching up the days. Yesterday would have been my day 4 but I didn't make it, had a couple of glasses of wine last night, it was just some wine left over from few days ago. But I am not beating myself up because it was not my usual 2 bottles, and I didn't crave anymore after the 2 glasses. Today will definitely be AF, and I feel positive that I can rack up some more AF days in the days to come. I do feel this is going to work. Hope you all have a good AF day.

Love

Mary:h :l

Comment

wednesday

Good morning everyone in ABSVILLE!!! Sounds like everyone is off to a great start so far.............

Mary, YEAH for you on 20 days, Buckle and Cindi....WOW, 14 is great too!!!:goodjob:

Good morning Tea and Tlrgs, Young at Heart..........NO, the paperwork never ends

Madison, it is ok that you slipped, and you aren't beating yourself up at all, AWSOME!! Just remember, we have ALL been there at one point in our existense!!

Everyone here and all to come, good luck on staying AF today!!!

Love and hugs!!!:h :l

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Warm greetings Abers from South Califunny! here on work with power-drinker buddies and normally would be soooo hungover that I wouldn't want breakfast now. Last night it was fun sitting at the table and analyzing everyones behavior. it's easy to spot the people with alcohol prob's. when the group decides to get up and move they chug an entire glass of wine because they wouldn't dare leave any there. boy do I know that routine. ugh.
                      I'm fine and resolved with AF. Being around all the drinkers last night didn't bother me for one second, just the stench of booze was kind of sickly at times. I ate a huge steak and then went for a long walk thankfully. Doing some situps this morning too. These darn trade shows aren't very healthly...you just stand there all day so I need to do any exercise I can.
                      Be well my dear friends. Love hearing from you each and every one,
                      D.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello all, I'm pretty well failing at mods. Tried last night and when I had no more wine I switched to sake. I could use a good kick in the ass to get to where you guys are. If I could reach my own I'd do it myself. Anyway, you are all an inspiration and I will keep on keepin on !

Comment

Good evening abbers,

Just got in from work with some serious jitters..Day 3 is usually tough..Also Manchester United are on the telly tonight so the routine of beer and football is tempting..
                          Saying that, i WILL NOT drink tonight...I just know it's gonna be a difficult..
                          Cons out the way..

Pro's

My wife and kids are proud..I have'nt had a hangover for 2 days..I'm doing well at work..I have money in my pocket....And i feel like there is some future for us..Not the routine of being in a drunken stooper every night..But doing different things each day..Not knowing what tomorrow brings is pretty exciting..

Glad to hear people are doing so well...Will no doubt be back on later...Thanks for being here..Love Macks:l
                          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Deter: It is interesting to watch other people drink while staying AF. I too notice the prob drinkers...the ones who:
                            -sneak in extra pours.
                            -load the glass w/booze & just a tiny splash of mixer.
                            -yes, never, ever leave a drink behind.
                            These are the folks who probably came already fortifiied w/a few extra at home. Why do I know this? Been there, done that. M
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

me too

Been there done that too!!

Det, I am on day 3 also, a little jittery but PROMISED myself I would not drink today!!(haven't yet and that is a miracle!!! Especially at my job today, you can feel the tension and bad attitudes in the air!!!!):bat :alf: nfire:

Everyone, doing fine, will keep checking in until I leave this prison!!!:sighbubble:

Love and hugs,

MA
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                              X