pity pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pity pot

I'm on it. Seem to firmly attached. In the south we use duct tape for everything. Taped on . Getting a visual here? I am so sick of whining. Behaving badly .Lost my big girl pants again. Can't find my kudzu. MY office is the black hole. Yikes. Somebody kick my ass. I bet iIt will be tlrgs or Satori. Bring it on. I really don't want to go to rehab.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

pity pot

morning Greenie,

I am sorry you are feeling crappy today!
    I was on the pity pot BIG time last night...allowed myself to succumb, and drank.
    A really dumb move on my part!
    If you don't want to go to rehab, as I don't, then maybe we need to take steps to correct our patterns of behaviour....our BAD patterns of behaviour.
    I am just not sure how to go about doing that. But I know I am NOT going to drink today.
    Let's make it AF together.
    I am around if you want to keep posting back and forth...
    and the offer for the phone number I made last night stands.
    If you want a getting sober buddy, I offer that as well.
    Big hugs to you greenie.
    Hang in there.

much love and hugs,
    K
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

pity pot

Green, I don't know the answer and I'm not capable of ass-whooping at this particular point. But, here are some lyrics about you, while you wait for tlgrs or Satori. Song "Green Eyes" by Coldplay.

Honey you are a rock
      Upon which I stand
      And I come here to talk
      I hope you understand

That green eyes
      Yeah the spotlight shines upon you
      And how could anybody deny you
      I came here with a load
      And it feels so much lighter
      Now I met you
      And honey you should know
      That I could never go on without you
      Green eyes

Honey you are the sea
      Upon which I float
      And I came here to talk
      I think you should know

That green eyes
      Youre the one that I wanted to find
      And anyone who tried to deny you
      Must be out of their mind

Because I came here with a load
      And it feels so much lighter
      Since I met you
      And honey you should know
      That I could never go on without you
      Green eyes
      Green eyes
      Ooh ooh ooh ooh
      Ooh ooh ooh ooh
      Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Honey you are a rock
      Upon which I stand
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

pity pot

oh, shit, I think I am where you are. hold on! Oh gosh someone has to hold on!
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

pity pot

beatle,
          we all need to hold on...fight for our lives back...
          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

pity pot

YES, Greenie, keep out of rehab if you can; from everything I've read it can fail just as bigtime as any other approach, but cost more money and involve unattractive dorm-room living arrangements. To be avoided at all costs, I'd say.
            Jane Jane

Comment

pity pot

Did I tell you someone wrote a song about me? Really. Used my "real " name though. OK, Getting those big girl pants on again.
              sigpic

Comment

pity pot

Pull them up, belt them tight but not too tight :H and put those supps in the pockets!!

Comment

pity pot

Jane Jane. I can't do it. I would not last an hour. And I know I would be alble to check myself out.I must face this,
                  sigpic

Comment

pity pot

Hi green........been where you are right now.......no kidding. Kinda feels like a lifetime ago now though. What I`ve just said about myself verges on the incredible, `cos I really believed I didn`t have what it takes to quit. I did have what it takes to quit though........just as you have, and it all starts with self-belief.

Stop doubting yourself and putting yourself down and begin to believe in yourself. Look back on your past life and consider anything you had to strive for which you got in the end.........your drinking is much the same situation.........you have to fight for your sobriety, but believe me.......we all have that fight in us somewhere, nomatter how deeply buried.

Love and strength to you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

pity pot

Greenbean, I'm glad I didn't offend you with my warning about rehab. I've never been to one, so can't really speak from experience, but the whole concept seems demeaning and trivializing to me. Like sending a child to sit in the corner. That's fine for kids, and Lawd knows I sent mine into corners when they were little and bad, but...we are not children, we are adult women.

I've known some who went into such facilities, though, and almost every time...it didn't work long-term. If anything, the relentless therapy and deprivation made them worse once they were "sprung"!!!

WE HAVE TO LEARN TO COEXIST WITH ALCOHOL. It isn't going away. Rehab will offer a forced separation, for however long your insurance pays for, but the lovely wine (or beer, or name-your-pleasure) will be right there waiting when you get out. And it will look more seductive than ever. Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder...
                      Jane Jane

Comment

pity pot

hi there...greeneyes...first dexterhead. love the song. you are great. green.i have never been to rehab . from what i understand they are there to help you in anyway they can. its not a jail. and there is one meeting i go to on the beach its a rehab place. and the people there seem to be very happy with where they are.so all i can say is try it. if you dont like it . hell leave. but you really need to put those big girl pants on .and ride the bull.and what i mean is life. there is more to life then just al.and in alot of ways you are reaching out.to grab it. and you are trying by just posting. so no whopping here. get ass your ass . do what you think. you should do. you want the help so there it is.am here for you girl.we are here for you greeneyes..big hugs from me to you
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

pity pot

Greeneyes, haven't you have posted before that you are not faithful in taking your meds and supps? If so, what good does it do to have them if you are not taking them? Or not take them regularly? I remember when you first started posting that you couldn't wait for them to arrive. You truly thought they were going to be your savior. They can't help you by sitting in a bottle.

Start by taking what you are suppose to. You already have them right? There you go, there is step 1 to staying out of rehab. I've never been to rehab but from what I know, most of them start you on a daily regime of meds and supps anyway. Why go some where were someone is going to force you to take what you already have at home?

If I am mistaken and you are taking them, then I'm sorry for this post. :h I just know how hard your struggle has been and I just want to help any way I can. Sorry to sound harsh, but you asked for a butt whipping.

Love, Me
                          :l
                          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

pity pot

Greens, don't make me spank you!!!! You would NOT enjoy it.
                            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

pity pot

Jane Jane has given Green a new nickname : Greenbean:H :H . I like it! I know she's not as large as some of us like myself, so perhaps it fits.

Comment

Working...
                              X