Auto Brewery Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Brewery Syndrome

Just found some interesting info on addiction and high carbohydrate diets (esp. sugar) There is a condition known as auto-brewery syndrome. It is a condition in people where yeast overgrowth becomes so serious that a miniature alcohol production center is established in their intestinal tracts. They're literally "brewing" their own alcoholic beverage. It can get so bad that they'll "blow" a .02 on a breath-a-lyzer test. In other words, the yeast in their intestines are producing enough alcohol to raise their blood alcohol levels to just below the legal limit for driving a car, even though they haven't taken a drink. True Story.
    WOW. Go easy on the sugar!!!!

Liv
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Auto Brewery Syndrome

Wow, thanks Living free, I am very interested in the high carb link to cravings so this caught my attention. That is a scarey thought, auto brewing. I hope I'm not there!! :H
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Auto Brewery Syndrome

I can hear the drunks in court now. I didn't drink :toasted: too much judge. I swear I have a yeast infection! Let the prosocuter dispel that!! :H

Seriously though that sounds messed up. I hope that's an extremely rare condition. How do they even diagnose that? I gotta look that up.

Thanks for the info.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Auto Brewery Syndrome

drunk on carbs

You can look it up in "End your Addiction Now" by Charles Gant & Greg Lewis - The reason I thought it was so interesting is that I have such an addiction to Carbs (esp. sugar, but I crave bread, crackers, etc too.) I believe the carb addiction started back when I was a teen. I've often wondered if it had anything to do with alcohol addiction. It is why I found Charles Gant's book interesting. I laughed when I read about the auto brewery - I thought "great just my luck. I'll quit drinking only to be picked up and blow a legal drunk driving on carbs!!!!!" So I'm going to have to quit the carbs too!!!!!!!!!!!!! :H

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Auto Brewery Syndrome

Being a major carb addict myself, I find this interesting. Especially since lately I have been reading a lot, on different web sites, about cutting out carbs, to help with alcohol addiction.

Good info. Thanks,
          K
          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Auto Brewery Syndrome

thanks Livingfree, it's absolutely true. some people have actually died from it since it's so toxic of a condition. here's the bad news: almost everyone that drinks and/or eats refined carbs has an unhealthy intestinal overgrowth of yeast bacterium. the good news is that if you kick the booze, kick the bad carbs and wait a few weeks it will generally die down. if you have trouble killing it there are nutritional programs that include oil of oregano and other things to get rid of it. these infectious growths make us bloated and make it hard for us to lose weight as well. they can also cause a "brain fog" from the toxins released in our bodies. Bad all the way around and perhaps one of the biggest unrealized maladies in modern living.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Auto Brewery Syndrome

I find this very interesting Det - I think I need to go on a kill the yeast diet. Any recommendations?

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Auto Brewery Syndrome

garlic. lots of it! fresh is best.
                beneficial bacteria 1-3 teaspoons
                Undecenylic acid 2-4 capsules
                Caprlic acid 2-4 capsules
                Ergotransferrin 2-4 capsules
                oil of oregano 2-4 drops
                olive leaf extract start with one capsule and build up to 3-4
                Vit C 1 to 3 grams (not mg)
                Pantethine 100-1,200mg
                Biotin 7.5-15mg

Dietary changes:
                lots of fiber rich vegetable foods (not processed white flour or sugar)
                lots of good essential oils (olive oil and omega-3's)
                no alcohol! these growths thrive like mad on alcohol

if you can get even 3 or 4 of those things going along with change in diet it should help. all of them is ideal but unlikely.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Auto Brewery Syndrome

Thanks Det

Thanks Det - Am I going to smell? Sounds like quit a mix there! I did quite an internet search yesterday - and I think I need this! I'll let you know how I feel after several weeks!
                  Your a walking health book!

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                  X