Mon. - Feb. 25 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read the Sun. shoutout. What a great community this one is here in absville. I'm starting another sober week. I can't count the number of Mondays I was hungover in mind, body, & spirit. Sunday was my day to drink. On Monday, I couldn't look anyone in the eye...that's how miserable I felt about myself.

I'm realizing that sobriety is a balance of productiveness & rest. I don't have to stay in a frenzy in order to stay sober.

Be well everyone. I'll check in later. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Just thought I'd pop over from ODAT and say hi. I'm far from abstinent but I'm working on it.....Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

good morning!

Good morning Janice and Mary !! I was hoping someone would start this thread!ray: I feel sooooo awesome today at day 8 (and I know inside I will be AF today, what a great feeling!) Guess I am over that "Hump", because Friday was tough and long, but getting through it, my weekend was BEYOND wonderful!!:whee:

Everyone to come, I hope you are doing great too................Janice, just to give you hope, I was EXACTLY where you are today a week ago.................and what a difference.......

Lots of love to you all!!:h

HUGS,:l

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Happy Monday ABeroooos!

I can relate so well Mary, going shopping with a hangover and just staring at the floor trying to be invisible. blick.

Janice, welcome! we can do it. YOU can do it

Cowgal, it's great to hear the resounding positive energy in your post!

I'm feeling really good and AF on this lovely Monday morning. Went to sleep very soundly after some nice hypno and slept like a rock.

packing for another road trip tomorrow. I'll be packing my 'insurance pills" (antibuse).
        since I'll be with drinkers and not sure what those clowns will be up to.
        Be well friends!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Cowgal: Gosh! What an inspiration you are! Are you finding that you abs attitude is having a ripple effect? You alluded to it when you spoke about your children last week.

Janice: I love having you here. You're more than welcome here. I hope you're doing well...remember what you said many months ago: "This is not a competition." Go at your own pace.

Deter: You sound great. I think the abs lifestyle is taking root in your consciousness. Be careful around the "clowns" you work with. It's your life you're guarding.

Mary
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello, all!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but everytime I logged on and read a few posts, something else pulled me away from the pc.

Good job staying away from the wine Mary and Rustop! Way to stay strong.

Cowgal & Det, you both sound so postive and determined! Wtg.

Janice, welcome. Keep working at it girl. It will click someday.

Feeling so much better lately. Finally feels good to get up and get some things done! Sore from shoveling snow this weekend, but it's a good sore. Needed the excercise that's for sure. Just feeling better is helping my attitude and I'm so grateful.

I'm starting my third Month AB! Yay! Now, if I can just get over these sugar cravings! ODAT.

Good luck all. You keep me going everyday!

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Thankful: Wow! 3 months abs! Great job! M
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Oooh, no. Not 3 months yet. I wish! Just starting my 3rd month (only day 61 AF for me). I like to look forward to that next big number. :H Shooting for 100 now!

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Thanks!

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

still inspiring!

It is still inspiring to see someone w/ so much AF time, congrats on the 61 days Thankful!!

WOW.........................can't wait!!

MA:h :h
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

doing super Thankful! for sugar cravings have you tried L Glutamine? I take two or three of the MWO capsules, or a rounded teaspoon of the loose powder in juice and it does wonder on sugar and AL cravings.

Dr Det signing out
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X