Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tues. Feb. 26th Daily Thread

Hello Friends -

Wishing an AF day to each of you ... and the strength to overcome the pull.

Hugs from my heart ... and smiles across the e-miles.

- Masq :h
    Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
    :wings: :huggy

Hi everyone!! A quick visit as I'm out shopping (keeping myself busy today as husband is away tonight and I have the perfect opportunity to drink myself silly). Not going to let that happen. Don't think my "switch" is totally down at the moment....if you know what I mean but I'll keep trying.

Have a good abs day!

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Masquerade and Janice! Welcome Masquerad, :welcome: don't think I have met you yet................love your dog, chocolate lab?? That is what we have "Fudge" is his name...

Day 9 God willing, Janice I know what you mean, probably not trusting yourself either cuz hubby is gone..................been there, was a "ticket to drink" when mine was gone all the time, BUT now that he is home all the time I can let it go that way too.........he tends to drink alot. I am not going to let that screw me up THIS TIME, I am going for at least 30 days!! With or without hubby!!

Anyway, everyone to come also, good luck on your goals,

Love :h and hugs:l

Mary Anne
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Janice and Mary Anne -

Good to meet both of you on here. I am troubled by the strife on the threads so I wanted to launch today on a positive note. I also posted a thread in the "General Discussion" section re: "Happy Thoughts."

Please post what warms your hearts. We all have so much negativity facing us daily as we fight the AL beast.

Fudge? heehee ... love the name! My Choc Lab is Miss Layla Godiva!! I also call her my "brown bomber" cuz the way she corners - she could have been a roller derby queen! If I don't hang onto the stairway bannister, she can (and has) knock(ed) me down.

Love to all.
        - Masq
        Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
        :wings: :huggy

Comment

agree

I am trying to be positive, but understand the negative posts cuz of the help we all need here..............we all will try to help ANYONE having a difficult time..........:h

Funny about your dog, she is beautiful...........Fudge is about 10 years old has arthritis pretty bad but get his tail all waggin' and all perky when he sees me catching the horses, he LOVES to run along as we ride, hits EVERY body of water imaginable!! Every canal, lake, pond, big puddle, you name it!!:H :H

Again, welcome, look forward to getting to know you here!!

Love ya!!:h

MA

Comment

Hi everyone

Must read that thread Masq, could do with some happy thoughts. Doing well on the AF front but know I have some hard times ahead and stress can be a major trigger. Keeping busy and taking it ODAT.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Janice, Cowgirl, Masq: Masq, I think you'll find this thread very positive. I don't have the time for too much cruising on the forums here at MWO, but this forum has some of the greatest people. We're trying for the 30 day goal & are all in different stages of progress.

I'm doing fine at the 26 day mark. Yes, I think about drinking from time to time but just try to remember the negative consequences. The positives so outweigh the negatives in my life.

Janice, my husband being out was license to drink for me. Now that I've got some stretches of AF behind me, it's not nearly the trigger it used to be. I used to think drinking helped me get through mindless chores. I can't explain the twisted logic of that thinking. Half the time, the chores didn't get completed or took me twice as long.

Take care everyone. Cowgirl, you sound better & better every day.

Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Goodmorning all. Yes a positive thread is so needed today. My heart just aches for Jacqui. Let's keep her in our thoughts.

Good job on the AF days folks!

Janice, you pull that "switch" down with two hands!! You will do it. You are strong.

Mary, I had to laugh about your comment and chores. Oh, how many times did I reach for a beer to start housework. And then...before I knew it, I turned into Scarlet O'Hara. In my best sountern drawl, "After all tomorrow is another day". :H

Reach for the stars people!!! Reach for the stars!!

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Top of the Tuesday ABville!

I'm in a hurry getting on the road so gotta zoom, Just wanted to welcome Masquerade and bid you all a big BE WELL
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi all,

Yes we all need to send all of our positive thoughts to Jacqui. What has happened to her is my worst nightmare come to life. Only in the past few years have I begun to feel that if something happened to Maddy, I would survive to tell the tale. Today I feel grateful for all I do have.

Hi Masquerade! Strife does occur on the boards sometimes. I have seen it come and go. It is unsettling at first. Over time, you will realize that it soon washes away like a spring shower. Just keep your sobriety the number one goal, and everything else will fall into place. People are vulnerable at the beginning, which is why these things erupt.

Enjoy your shopping, Janice. A little retail therapy is a good distraction!

You're sounding good Cowgal. Congrats on your 9 days.

Big slurps to both Fudge and Layla Godiva.

Mary, I'm with you on the chores.:H I'd say about 1 in 20 times, I'd get some energy and really clean the house, but most of the time, I'd wipe a few things and then decide I really deserved a nap! My house isn't a whole lot cleaner with sobriety, but on any given day, I have a much better chance of doing some housework.

Thankful, you're right too. "Tomorrow is another day" not only applied to housework, but just about everything else, too. I'm thankful for you. You add something really good to our daily threads.

Deter, good luck on your trip. You can't go wrong taking your antabuse. You can watch everyone else get drunk, or better yet, retire early and read a good book!

Anyway, I can dwadle with or without alcohol. Now I need to get on with my day......balance the checkbook, do some never-ending paperwork, etc.

Have a good one all!

:l :l
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Deter, Mary Rustop, thankful and YoungatHeart...............Glad to see you all here, as I enjoy this day 9 of my journey through Absville, so far so good!! Having a lovely time enjoying the feelings and sites and realizations I am currently experiencing (YEP, even the bad ones, like having $1,000.00 disappear from savings/checking account...........found out what happened to it eventually, nothing I can do except be more careful in the future.....WOW, is that me talking???!!!):H

And the fact that having a teenage driver in the house(double fear after reading about poor Jacqui) costs alot of $$$!!! Man, we are shopping around for a different co. hoping we can find lower rates, but it is more than both hubby and mine combined just to insure him!!!!YIKES!!!!!!)

Enough of my problems, hope everyone else is dealing w/ thiers w/o drinking, that is my goal in Absville!! I am slowly learning over the years?? Maybe finally!!!

Partially thanks to all you guys, I watch you deal w/stuff and not drink over it..............thanks!!!!:thanks:

Love :h

MA

Comment

I've found that if I think about getting a bottle of wine but put off buying it, the urge to have it passes. Preventing a drinking relapse is one instance when procrastination actually gets positive results.

M
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Yup Mary!!!!It's amazing what puttting off buying that bottle wine for a few minutes can accomplish!!! On day 4 now and I almost ran out to get a bottle. I convinced myself to wait 10 minutes and then laziness (and thankfully good sense) reigned. Hooray!!!!!!
                          Good to see all you absters tonight. I'll hopefully have more time tomorrow to post but I love all the good vibes and optimism here. I always feel stronger after my visits here.

Janet

Comment

There's reason to feel optimistic. We're all working toward a goal...abs for 30 days (at least).

I haven't been to other forums & other threads as much as I used to be, because my time is quite limited. However, I just "looked around" a little at other forums. I didn't realize that there's some kind of argument going on here at MWO. I'm not entirely certain what started it, but it seems some of senior members are leaving the site (hopefully not).

I can only say that (as an AA saying goes) "Take what you like & leave the rest." We don't have to take every single piece of advice that is offered. I'm trying to do what works for me. I must admit that I have to check into MWO daily. It keeps not drinking as my number one priority. Nothing else in life will fulfill me or give me enjoyment if I drink...because I do not drink like a normal person. I haven't for years.

To get specific: Satori, I hope you do not leave this site. It helped you recover, but as you might know, we're never completely "cured." I do enjoy your view on life. In fact, I've been thinking about your response to my question: "Do you keep alcohol in your home?" It was a thought-provoking answer you gave (yes).

Take care everyone. I really value all the different personalities, points-of-view, philosophies, etc. here.

Love, Mary
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary, thats so funny about procrastinating....one thing I do really well!

I certainly hope Satori stays with us, maybe he could use a break which is understandable.

so sleepy. see you all in the morning
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X