anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anxiety

I think I'm having an anxxiety attack or something. I am sweaty, shakey, may throw up, can barely type, feel all worried and nervous. I wish the feeling would go away. It's scarey.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

anxiety

Hi Green, you probably are having an anxiety attack. Get distracted, do not focus in on it, take deep breaths. It will pass, just be patient with yourself. I'm sorry you are feeling this way, but it will get better. Take care, j
    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

anxiety

Hey Greeneyes, are you OK?
      I understand the anxiety you are describing.. are you doing this with a Doc?
      Please post again or pm me.. I am worried for you.. are you having an anxiety attack or withdrawals?
      If it's withdrawals then you need to contact nearest detox centre.. if it's anxiety attack yes breathing deep and slow in a long rythm will help.. plus taking a bath or shower or something to distract your mind and focus on your body and keep thinking or saying 'everythng is ok, I will be fine'.
      You can get through this!!
      Good luck babe:l

Comment

anxiety

I have all of that when I quit. Usually in the middle of the night is worse. The deep breathing really does help. Good luck it sucks I know but it does get better remarkable more quickly than you think. Not completely but bearable at least. Good luck you can do it!!

Comment

anxiety

hello there Greeneyes....you will be okay and it will pass.....breathe. I've had them and it is scarey but you will be fine. Bella xxx

Comment

anxiety

I've had anxiety all my life. It truely sucks big time. Fortunately I have meds for them.

Greens, try to do something that totally occupies your mind......even counting backwards from 200 will help. Deep breathing and I second the benedryl. And unless you really need to, don't get meds for it. I am psychologically hooked to them.

Remember.....Anxiety can't kill you. At least that's what they tell me. :*
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

anxiety

hi greenbean: you OK? i've had anxiety attacks and is not fun. I do think meds are good for it as long as you are careful.
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

anxiety

I'm scared to do meds because I have such an addictive personality. It passed. It haunts me in the middle of the night from time to time. Awful feeling. Scarey. One night I almost had hubby take me to ER. I get up and pace around the house or get on here. Then go back to bed fetal position or cling to him. It really is awful.
                sigpic

Comment

anxiety

GE,

The drinking actually exacerbates anxiety attacks once you come down from the alcohol.

Unfortunately, it greatly reduces anxiety as you start drinking.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

anxiety

hope you are ok

Greeneyes, hope you are ok, were you drinking??? When I am detoxing I get TERRIBLE anxiety and once I am AF for a while, I am sooooooooo calm it is like I am another person, what this AL does to me!!

Benedryl will calm you or the calmes forte...............prescriptions like xanax and benzodiazepans tend to be addictive in nature, so I avoid them when I can..........

lots of love to ya!! BIG HUGS:l..............

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

anxiety

Green,

Can you increase your B vitamins? This really helps! Also, exercise, when you feel anxious, get up and walk! I know it is the last thing you feel like doing, but I find it to be the best thing!

Yes, this too shall pass! You're doing great!!!

xxKateH
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

anxiety

my sister gets terrible anxiety attacks, always in the middle of the night. wakes up screaming her head off, having dreamt that she was dying. hers isn't AL, it's her AL-coholic hubby. But yes, AL = anxiety.
                        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

anxiety

The panic attacks truly do go away (or at least calm right down and become manageable) when you stop drinking....
                          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

anxiety

Wasn't drinking. We had been to AA. Maybe combo of stress and w/drawal. I'm hammered with stress right now from a lot of different directions. Hubby won't tolerate me walking alone in the middle of the night and the gym isn't open 24/7. I'll try the calms forte and a bubble bath and the breathing. Maybe I could just lightly jump rope in the back yard as house is on concrete slab ( knee issues). But my goal is to go back toa peaceful sleep, not crank myself up. Yoga? What about that? Qui Gong? Any suggestions there? Appreciate all suggestions.
                            sigpic

Comment

anxiety

Have you tried Melatonin? It helps me with the Calmes forte.

Comment

Working...
                              X