Fri. - Feb. 29 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just filled in my last zero for the month into DrinkTracker. I love seeing a month of zeros. It's motivating. I'm doing well dealing w/the occasional drinking thought. I just:
    -remember the consequences of drinking.
    -put off drinking.
    -consider the positives of staying sober.
    -remember my MWO community.
    -ask myself why I want to drink.
    -feel my feelings.
    -do something.
    Drinking to fill a void is so ingrained that I now realize it's going to take a long time & real effort to break myself of the thought pattern of seeing drink as a way out. Life can be unpleasant at times. I have to learn to deal w/it.

I hope everyone is having a great day. Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Good Morning Mary and all to come,

I am feeling extraordinarily good today, which scares me because I was so down the last few.

I think my counselor is right and I need to see a psychiatrist.

I did start the Chantix yesterday and am excited at the prospect of quitting smoking. I really hope it works as well for me as others.

At least it will be one less thing my husband and I fight over.

Hope all have a good day. I think I need to do some physical activity to get rid of some of this excess energy today.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

good morning!

Mary and Cindi, you both sound positive! Good realizations Mary, I always look forward to your posts.........

Cindi, GREAT on quitting smoking, that is just as hard (if not harder!) than AL, you will do it!!!:goodjob:

To everyone else to come, have a great day, it is Friday, I have a cold now...........hopefully it doesn't ruin my weekend!!!:no:

love,:h

Mary Anne
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Mary, Cindi, Cowgal

I have been one of those infamous lurkers long enough. I am much the same as many on these boards - a binge drinker where the binges just kept getting closer and closer...until. I am a 43 years old female, married with 4 kids (ages 7-15) - I find that I can be both busy and bored at the same time. Boredom is a big trigger - the repetitive housework has been a killer. Now instead of AL I go for tea.

I keep coming to this thread because it is so positive. I quit drinking for lent - am at day 26 today. Some days I just sail through -others are really tough.

I find that I am able to abstain much easier than I can moderate. I just remember that that first drink is a doozy! I also have odd mental images of my liver...bored...nothing to do...kicked back in a hammock...reading a book...drinking tea.

Don't know how often I will post but I will keep coming back.

Smooth sailing,
        Beck
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

welcome!!

A great big WELCOME to ya Beck!!!:welcome:

You are doing great at day26 AF!!:goodjob: I can't wait to feel so good, it is tough, stay close!!

Glad you are here, post more often, we'd love to get to know ya!!

Love.:h

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Mary,
            Great List! Thanks for sharing it.

1. The one key for me, is Put off going to buy it! When I do this, and get busy doing something else, the urge just goes away.
            But, if I dwell on "what the heck, it doesn't really matter, I need to do this for me", I will surely go and buy AL.

2. Think of what happens when I drink, mood changes immediately, with the first drink, attitude changes with the first drink. AL always breaks his promise of bringing "relaxation" and "romance" and "joy". AL is a Liar! AL only brings sadness, regret and remorse!

Day 42 and feeling Great!!

Gee, doesn't a drink sound like a great idea now??? NOT!!!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Oh! yes, Cindi, good luck with quitting smoking!!

Glad you are feeling great today!!!
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Everyone sounds very positive today. Yes, yes, yes to the quitting smoking!

Beck & anyone else who reads here...newbie or not...long-term abs or not...whatever your goal (30 days or forever): Please feel welcomed & free to post whenever you want. This is a great thread. Because of time constraints for me, I tend to come to only this thread & read & share. Sometimes I "look around" but not too often.

Take care...we're looking at yet another snowstorm (NE, USA). I think this will be #19 or #20 since it all started late last Fall. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Aloha Friday ABeroooos!

Beck, big welcome to you and congrats on the 26 days!!

Cindi, glad you are feeling better. Excersize is VERY important so get out there and do it and have fun. Seeing a psych is a great idea. I should probably do that too but I'm a guy so I have a genetic proclivity to procrastination. hahahahahahaha!!!!

well, got home last night from a grueling 3 days of nonstop travel by car and staying solo in hotels that yes all have bars in them. Had no temptation and came home AF, healthy and happy. Tonight Dx and I are going to dinner with some of our former wine tasting friends so this should be a good challenge for me to smell the wine and deal with my thoughts.

Mary big congrats on that last zero!! looks nice all those loverly zeros.

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Congrats to all on a good month

especially Mary with that month full of 00000s. Such an inspiration. Have been thinking about Mary as my daughter is sick with the flu and I recall 'Mary took care of her whole family and didn't get sick so maybe I do the same!'

Enjoy all the enthusiasm here. I am on a mods path and did pretty well except for the week I was in Florida with my folks. I think we need a thread on "vacations" as those situations are fraught with challenges. . .changes to our routines, a sense of "reward" or adventure etc. Another day.
                    Just wanted to acknowledge everyone's good work this month. Best to all of you!
                    Fondly,

Ginny

Comment

Ginny, good point. Vacations are rough. I've got a cruise coming up in May. talk about a challenge!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X