Give me strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me strength

Its day 27 af now...i have spent the last week walking around in an empty shell. I have no inner peace and i dont feel good. I feel like i am disconnecting from myself - i feel nothing no sadness, joy, pain. Everyday i look deep inside and ask what is going on today please give me strength. I am isolating and nothing is life is giving me a buzz. Please can someone give me words of encouragement. I dont want AL to get the better of me and many have adviced to hang in there it will get better but i just dont feel that it will. To all those who i have chatted with in the chat room thank you, you have helped me through some very awful days. Actually thank you is a understatement but cant find the words at the moment that feel true.

Thanks for listening
    I am the author of my life.

Give me strength

Looking for hope, stay with it. I can tell you I was not one of those people who suddenly felt better after day 5 or 6. In fact I felt like shit for 40 days! There was no "high" or "honeymoon" period for me that some talk of. I felt at war with everything and everyone for all those 40 days, but then something changed and I actually have started to feel better. I Know what you mean about the buzz. I miss that the most. Have you been to see your doctor? mine has been great, tell him about the days you have clocked up but that you are struggling to maintain it. There are things they can give you to help. If you don't want to go to your doctor, just try to keep busy and focused. I have new little rituals that are filling the void. I don't know how you feel about AA but that helps me too and exercise. Oh, and the weight loss is a big bonus! stick with it... a day at a time, an hour at a time if necessary. I don't tell myself I can't drink, I tell myself that I can if I want to, but I'll leave it today.
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Give me strength

Looking, I can't say by personal experience (but I'm trying), and I admire your 27 days. It is my understanding that it's a bumpy ride. Are you taking supplements? exercising? Make a plan and try to stick to it. That is the consistent advice I get here and that I read from other places as well. Keep your chin up and be proud of yourself and your progress. You are knocking at the 30 day door. That would be a new color biscuit! Keep your big girl pants on!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Give me strength

Keep on

looking - don't give up -- It also took me well past day 40 to feel anything close to happy. I am on day 60 today - and each day the sun is getting brighter. Those in front of me tell me the real shift happens at 90 days - so keep on ODAT. They add up to one grand day. It gets better. DONT give up
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
        X