why am i feeling crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why am i feeling crap

hi everyone im 8 days af and after feeling ok for the last couple of days i feel awful today ,im very depressed and panicky ,any ideas anyone

why am i feeling crap

Shark,

I felt the same way this AM (Me 14 days). Can't put a finger on other than weekends are more stressful not being at the safety of work and having AL tempting me all day long. Make for a long strenuous day. Maybe this is what a grapefruit juice hangover feels like LOL!
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

why am i feeling crap

Hey Shark, We think that all we need to do is put the glass down and life will be instantly transformed into Bliss! Too bad, that is only the first step! But the best first step that we can take for the rest of our lives!
      Yes, as Keene said, check out the supps.....they do help, especially B's and Amino Acids and Calms Forte for anxiety Remember, we are used to drinking when faced with stress! We need to develope new coping skills, and they are a skill!
      Keep up on staying AF, you will sleep better, feel better and get stronger with each day!

Carpe Diem!
      KateH
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

why am i feeling crap

thanx for your replies ive ordered some supps off here am just waiting for them to arrive ive ordered kudzu and another one ,do you all think they help

Comment

why am i feeling crap

hi there..theshark..stay busy . drink lots of water .go play with the kids. anything that you can come up with. it will get easier as time goes on .good luck
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

why am i feeling crap

Yes, I honestly do think they help! When I started, I used the Kudzu and the L-Glut for cravings. I also take the ALL IN ONE and extra B's and C's.....some other stuff too! After six weeks, I dropped the Kudzu and replaced it with Sam-E........so far, so good! I am 44 days as a non-drinker and feeling better with each new day. Yep! there are still some days with high anxiety, but it passes. Once in a while, the Beast makes his pressence known and I have to kick him to the curb!

Good Luck!!! Stuck Around!
            KateH
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

why am i feeling crap

Hey Shark- Just wanted to check in with you. Great advice here.

Depending on your drinking history, it can take some time for your body to adjust. Hang in there, you can do it!

Comment

why am i feeling crap

Shark, I know what Kate says holds so true. We want immediate results when we quit drinking. Hell, we've been told how bad it is for years and now that we are finally doing something about it, shouldn't we feel awesome?!?!

I know I went through some major emotional rollercoaster rides in the past few months. Been AF since Dec 27th. You just have to ride them out, hun. I wish I had better words of wisdom. I can't speak for the supps because I have yet to order any. But I promise as time goes on, it will get better.

Hang in there. It will pass. Keep some funny movies on hard, try to get out for a walk, go buy a book of jokes, etc. You'll come up with things that will work for you. Make a list of things you like to do. Many of us longtime alkies are just starting to learn what those are.

Good luck.

Love, Me
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

why am i feeling crap

theshark;283053 wrote: hi everyone im 8 days af and after feeling ok for the last couple of days i feel awful today ,im very depressed and panicky ,any ideas anyone
                  you will feel like a piece of shit for some ~ time to come! i am sorry about the truth. once the crap lifts there will be a bit of relief, then back down and back up a bit...its a cycle until you are completely empty. could take a good year. :h

~ripple~
                  still dumping shit.

Comment

why am i feeling crap

it takes a good bit of time to even your system out. i dont know how long you drink for, but even a couple of heavy drinking months take time to adjust from. hang in there, it does get better.

Comment

why am i feeling crap

Shark,
                      8 days is bloody awesome..getting over the first few days is a killer..so keep up the good work and try to keep your self busy..drink plenty water and breathe more - deeply to release any stress build ups....
                      keep up the good work
                      shaila
                      ~ I am better than this devil AL ~:new:

Comment

why am i feeling crap

Hi Shark,
                        My second week actually felt good but my third week i got a terrible throat infection (i would say my immune system was down trying to fight all the toxins) so yes you could get flu like symptoms. You body is trying to detoxify at the moment and need as much help as possilbe to do that so do take the supps and drink a ton of water each day to shift the toxins quicker. Your body is in chaos at the moment and needs extra time and love so anything good you consume i.e. vegtables, fruit, water will help your bodies coping mechanism.
                        Congratulation on your 8 days.....be gentle with yourself and do feel good things to get you though the harder days.
                        Sending you lots of strenght !!
                        I am the author of my life.

Comment

Working...
                        X