Mon. - Mar. 3 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: The weekend posts were so encouraging, & it was wonderful to see new contributers to this thread. Janice, thank you! Yes, please join up here...I would love to have you. Everyone else, it doesn't matter how many days you have accumulated. All you need is committment to being abs for a period of time. It doesn't have to be forever or for life. If you're at the point in your drinking when you're saying "enough is enough" then you're in the right place. We'll do this together.

I've been trying out thinking about myself as a "non-drinker." In fact, I've told a couple of people that I've stopped drinking. The longer I go wo/it, the more comfortable I feel wo/it. When I look back on some of my drinking escapades, I shake my head. Why did I do some of the things I did? It seems bizarre. Drinking at the most inappropiate times:
    -Before going to church.
    -Before going to Alanon meetings.
    -Before going to plays.
    -Before going to babysit for my g-sons.
    Did I think I'd have more fun? I can't imagine why I did those things. I just remember the paranoia & nervousness.

I'm trying to put all that behind me. Not that I can forget the past. If I don't remember some of my worst moments, that's when I start getting complacent & saying: "Was I really so bad?" Now that I've had some healthy time in sobriety, I can honestly say, "Yes, I was that bad."

I'll check back later. Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

sorry Mary, we've crossed threads I will paste mine over here!
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Monday 3rd March - Daily Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6 for me today and I know I won't drink. Physically I feel so much better and stronger. Sleeping like a baby too!! Why would I want to lose that!! Hope everyone has had a good weekend and is ready to take Al by the scruff of his neck this week, and tell him where to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to all,

Janice
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

great!!

Janice, Mary................you both sound soooooooooo positive this Monday AM, :thumbsup just what I need, as I was up all night coughing w/ either a cold or just plain bad allergies, it has been about 5 days though and I am just plain SICK OF IT!!! :bang

Otherwise I feel AWESOME!! Day 15 and mental clarity is unbelievable!:yougo: Physically besides this horrible cough I feel pretty good too, knee is healing beyond what I thought it would be at 9 weeks post-op!! Happy about that since I will be out west hiking in about 4 weeks time!!YAY!!! And Janice, YEAH!! The sleep is great too (besides this stupid cough!!)

Everyone else to come on today, and Mary and Janice, have a wonderful Monday!!!

love and hugs!!:h

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Day 15

Hey there Abbers. I made it through the weekend intact! Missed your posts Cowgal this weekend and you sound really upbeat I need that energy! I think I may spend more of my time here with the Abbers to focus myself on the ball of *NO AL* all the time. No offense to my beloved mods here but me reading about the rationale behind mod et all is taking it's toll on my resolve.
          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
          Watch this and find out....
          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

It was an upbeat weekend around Absville. I just loved the vibe. It sure helped my frame of mind from Saturday. I got a lot done yesterday, so I'm feeling quite content with myself.

It's a beautiful day here--sunny and supposed to be warmer. It makes me feel spring-like and hopeful. I can't say it's been such a hard winter like some of the folks here in the US, but it's been dreary enough, and I'm ready for spring. Today will be an upbeat day, I think.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

:l:l
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

me too!!!

I am ready for spring too!! It was almost 80 yesterday!!! BUT it will go down into the 60s I think tomorrow and Wed..............I really think spring is ready to come here VERY SOON!!:fingers:

Hey Tkeene, 4theboyz and You at Heart!! Good to see you, glad you made it AF through the weekend 4theboyz!!! I usually can't post over it cuz I am busy and hubby would rather I don't.............I had to make some sacrifices for him, as he is trying to do so for me.........:yeahright:

Good to be back here though, going strong as you all seem to be!!:thumbysup:

Love,:h

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Good Morning Abbers,

Looking forward to a sober day today and being strong.

I found a really neat page on Alcohol, Tobacco and Dopamine.

Tobacco, Alcohol and Dopamine

I hate the graphics but the write up is good.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well today, it gives me even more resolve to stay AF.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy Monday all.
                  Hey retteacher, just last month I drank 9 beers before going to a evening meeting at church, how disgusting is that? No more of those events for me.
                  Love and Peace,
                  Phil
                  Love and Peace,
                  Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Hello, my fellow ABers,

Happy Monday to all.

Mary ~ Yeah, I understand that "Was I really so bad?" question. For yrs I just had to compare my self to my sibs (who had to have the beer w/shots, along w/pot, etc). It was very easy for me to justify that I was not so bad because all I ever had was my beer. So easy to fool yourself with that question, that's for sure!

Janice ~ Day 6 good job. Keep it up!

Cowgal ~ glad to hear your knee is doing so well. Day 15 - woo hoo!! Watch out for that cough, hun. I have been sick since Feb 3rd.

4theboyz ~ You're right there w/Cowgal - 15 days! Great job! It's good to give AF a fair shot before you decide to mods is for you. I never had intention of going AF but it feels so good, I gave up the thought of mods a while ago. You'll figure out what's best for you in time. Stay strong.

Tk ~ so glad you had a great weekend. Good for you. :h

Kathy ~ stay upbeat!! And come on Spring.....we are ready for you!!

Cindi ~ your resolve is strong. I know it is. You are an inspiration.

Phil ~ yeah, I bet that was a strange event indeed. I'm glad you decided to join us Abers.

Trying to pull myself into the world of the living. I can not believe how sick I have been. The whole month of Feb is lost to me! I can not wait to get some energy and get some things done. I've been getting so excited and making plans and lists. Just need to not be so damn sick!! Sorry to keep bitching about this, just very frustrated today from the whole thing.

Love to all. Enjoy your Monday!!!

Love, Me
                    :l
                    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Happy hangover-free Monday ABerooooos!

beautiful sunny morning in the high desert and I get to take Dx with me on a work trip to north CA. yeah! I got my travel partner back! much more fun than being on the road solo.
                      Everyone posted so early I feel late already LOL. TKeene, love the day in paradise analogy.
                      Mary, it's a very good point that we cannot forget what a cruel bastard AL has been to us. The "beast voice" will try to creep in and let us rationalize the stupidest things if we let it. But like the song of the Siren of Greek mythology we will be dashed on the rocks if we are coerced by it.

Be well everyone.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

To me denial (in all its varying forms) is the fuel that keeps the alcoholic voice churning in my head.
                        -"There are people who drink a lot more than me."
                        -"Nothing really terrible happened as a result of my drinking."
                        -"If other people can drink, I should be able to drink too."
                        -"There's no better way to destress than to drink."
                        None of that is true, but I can always make a case to drink if I let myself.

These messages are so deeply ingrained that I'm afraid to read any posts about moderation. I know I can't do it, but all I'd have to see is a good case for mod, & I'd be off & running. I have to keep reminding myself that I cannot drink 1, 2, or even 3 drinks. It's ALWAYS more for me.
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Not sure If Iam suppose to reply or start a new post but a reply is what I hit.

My 30 day AF started today. Hungover and all. It can only get better now.:nutso:

Comment

Day 1 for me again too. Have done an 8 and a 4 in the last couple of weeks then think I'm doing OK and I'm back to square 1. I'm going to commit to a 30 day stretch.

I have had a terrible taste in my mouth for the past 2 weeks - any ideas? Don't think it's dental, it's a bitter, fizzy sort of feeling/taste.

Comment

Hey, I am the poster child for "I WASN'T SO BAD BECAUSE I NEVER BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....", but~

-my liver enzymes were up
                              -my blood pressure was higher than it should be
                              -I weighed more than I should
                              -it was killing my self esteem
                              -I knew I was setting myself up for more health problems down the road

Now my enzymes, weight, and blood pressure are normal, my self-esteem is better (and I am free to work on the ways it isn't, cause AL ain't standing in the way), and I'm not sitting around imagining dying an early death from liver disease.

There is always going to be someone who is in worse shape than we are. I am grateful that I was able to get on the wagon before I got worse than I already was. Even though I "wasn't so bad", drinking the way I was for years did take its toll.

:l:l

Oh, welcome Jimmy and Pebbles! You posted when I was writing my long-winded post. Welcome :-)
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X