• Show
Clear All

Sad day in Football

Brett Favre is retiring.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Favre has decided to call it a career
    Marcie

Sad day in Football

Marcie,

It is sad, actually. I have always admired him as a football player and he showed a lot of strength of character about his pain killer addiction, too.

Hopefully, we will see him on some Sports broadcasts where these retiring icons tend to go. :-)

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Sad day in Football

Cindi - I actually forgot about the addiction.
      Marcie

Comment

Sad day in Football

Cindi, I had forgotten about the addiction.
        Marcie

Comment

Sad day in Football

Pretty much the same this side of the pond as far as sportsmen and women go. They usually end up hosting sport programs or quiz shows. I was gutted when Micheal Jordan called it a day many moons ago as I was a big basketball fan. Isiah Thomas was another fav. i used to support Detroit Pistons a long time ago when he was playing for them. Can anyone remember the little guy who always used to be in the slam dunk tournaments??? I think his nickname was 'SPUD' something or other.....

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Sad day in Football

i thought I would look that one up myself and just saw a vid where last years winner Nate Robinson who is only 5"9' jumped over SPUD WEBB and slammed it!!!!lol
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Sad day in Football

Marcie everyone is talking about it, I had the TV off at work this morning and was called to turn it on.

What a great man,
              Sammys

Comment

Sad day in Football

Same here Sammys.
                Marcie

Comment

Sad day in Football

It is sad, but I'm glad he went out so good in his game. So many stay way past their prime. Good man, I'm gonna miss him!

Comment

Sad day in Football

I just watched some of his press conference over lunch. Brett couldn't even talk the first couple minutes, he was so choked up about leaving.
                    Marcie

Comment

Sad day in Football

Everyone loves that guy!!!

He is a hero in my book, such a great example of how to be a good sportsman. He also showed us at his age you can get in great physical condition unlike alot of out Olympic athletes who in my book are just children, teenagers or very young adults.

Sammys

Comment

Sad day in Football

He is a hero. People here are in mourning.
                        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Sad day in Football

Dex, Sammys, did you watch the press conference? We're you crying?
                          Marcie

Comment

Sad day in Football

I didn't see it ... I heard it was incredibly emotional. i'll probably try to find a clip of it somewhere when I get home.
                            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Sad day in Football

Here's the video

Favre Press Conference
                              Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X