Wed March 5th Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everyone - looks like I'm first to start the thread today, Mary come on - where are you??

Day 8 today and still going good. Starting to think towards the weekend as we're going to a party Sat night but I've got my excuses ready!! Besides, I managed the wedding last week, this will be a doddle!!! (she says hopefully!!)

Hope everyone has a great day - I'll be back on later, off to the Dentist as I've got a wisdom tooth coming through and its causing me some bother - teething at 45!!

Looking forward to today's "discussion"!!

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Morning all
    Janice, kudos to you for making that all important "plan" for your upcoming party....well done...
    The dentist..uggh...need to get my rear in gear too, been kinda putting off all those important appointments.......Why do we always take care of ourselves last????
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

wednesday

Good morning Janice, (I can't stand dentists!!! I had my wisdom teeth pulled at age 17!! You are a late teether!!) Charlee, good to see you this AM!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, will check in later to see what Mary comes up with this morning, I do love what she posts, it gets me thinking!:thumbs:

Off to the doctor at 1:45 PM, I am getting worse and worse w/ this cough, it is now in my chest and my head is so stuffed I cannot breath................YUCK, gotta get rid of this before I go on vacation in 3 weeks YIKES!!:wow:uch:

Love,:h

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I've had my g-sons since early this AM. I'll see everyone later. M
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Good Morning All,

Sounds like we are all going to keep the medical community in business with all the doc appointments. I myself am trying to schedule my own hernia surgery I have put off for 6 months now. I'm so not looking forward to being laid up without a drink at arms reach! An active guy like me, I'll be like a caged lion for weeks but I need to get this taken care of.

Nice going on Day 8 Janice! Well off for now enjoy your day everyone!
          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
          Watch this and find out....
          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Hi all,

Just dropping in to check in.

Daughter has been at Mayo Clinic about her liver and I have not been handling this well at all. It is time for ME to slap myself in the face and get over this anxiety issue and deal with it without AL. Whatever it takes.

I will be AF today no matter how stressed and scared I get.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Morning all. Day 3 here. Hope we all do good today.

Comment

Top of the Wednesday ABfriends!

on the road, not much time to play. Cindi what is the prognosis on your dear daughter?
                Cindi...you can do this! I'm AF today and thinking about you ok? Sending some energy your way.

Jimmy, day 3 is tough...you do this and you are on the 'other side'. very well done!

4theboys, maybe a little time in bed without a drink will be a blessing in disguise?

be well everyone! zoom zooom
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Everyone, I've lost count, I think I'm on day 4. The weather is incredibley warm here in the NorthEast today and for some reason it makes me want to drink. I know today that I won't though. Janice, that's good you're planning ahead for your party. I know if I have the least bit of "iffiness" in my head about what I will do , it doesn't go well. It's like you have to have that steel resolve before you get there. I do find though that once you're at the actual event and don't start off drinking it can actually be pretty easy. It's just that absolute mind set you have to go in with. Cindi- your daughter is in my prayers- hope things go well. Aquamarine
                  NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                  AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Good morning all. Sorry for that lame post late last night on yesterday's thread! Boy I was exhausted.

Janice ~ you know what you have to do girl. You are strong. I do have to commend you on going to parties and weddings so early in your sobriety. Not too many people could handle that with the success you have and I for one am very proud of you.

Charlee, Cowgal, 4theboyz ~ good luck with those Dr appts! Guess we are keeping to medical field happy lately aren't we. Strange how when we sober up we realize how badly we really neglected ourselves. Take care.

Mary ~ enjoy your grandsons. I know you always do!

Cindi ~ you are an inspiration. When I see the things you go through and still manage to stay strong, I just think who with lesser problems can not follow in her footsteps?!? You are a rock my dear and my heart goes out to you and your family. Your daughter continues to be in my prayers. I have no doubt that you will stay AF. You are very strong and very resilient. You bounce back better than any other I've seen. You can do anything you set your mind too. :h We are always here for you.

Det, Jimmy and Aqua ~ so glad you are all doing so well. Good job on Day 3 & 4 you two. They can be toughies, so you stay close if you need us.

And to all you come ~ hope your WED is a happy one. Much :h.

Love, Me
                    :l
                    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hi Everyone: I've gotten a break in the action & thought I'd check in. With a busy life like mine, it's a godsend that I no longer drink. I got a phone message from a friend that her partner can't attend a cooking class tonight at a very prestigious (& expensive) cooking school nearby. She called asking whether I'd like to go. I was delighted to call her back with a resounding & thrilled YES! These were the spontaneous activities that I had to forfeit when I was drinking. This is no longer the case.

I can now make plans that don't include drinking & be really happy about them. I can hardly believe what I've been missing. Tomorrow our older g-son will come for lunch, & we'll get the dog ready for his first dog show (non-official type of show). Then on Sat., we'll all take Buddy to the show. Why would I want to miss out on that opportunity to have great fun w/the kids & the dog? To drink? No contest! I'll take having a ball w/the family any day.

Cindi: Please hang in there. Thank God Adrienne is getting (the best) medical treatment. Remember how resilient the liver is. And perhaps, this whole crisis will bring her to her senses regarding drinking. In the meantime, don't destroy yourself w/worry. BTW, Alanon has helped me w/family members who drink, drug, overeat, are co-dependent, etc.

Love, Mary
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone, Ive been keeping my journal but would like to attach myself somewhere so ive followed my old friend Janice over here. I have definately changed my mindset over the las two weeks and have thrown in the towel so to speak but I havent quite got it right yet as I have only been af 7 out of the last 10 days and I need those 7 days to be in a row which they are not. So I hope I can join your merry band.
                        Hi to reteacher nice to see familar faces.

GG

Comment

Garden Girl ~ :welcome:

Hey, 7 out of 10 days AF sounds like a good start to me! What is your goal? To be AF or Mod? Either way, you should shoot for 30 days AF before you even try to Mod. That was some of the best advise I ever received. Once I hit the 30, I felt I needed to stay AF longer before I made a decision. Point is, it's easier to make such major decisions with a clearer mind.

Good luck on your journey. Ask all the questions you want. We don't bite. You can do this!

Love, Me
                          :l
                          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

GG: Of course you'll join us here. It doesn't matter what your status is right now. All you need is the desire to get your drinking under control. There is abstinence here from 1 - hundreds of days. Most of us are somewhere in between. Mary
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello, everyone, just thought I'd check in on you all and let you know I put a 0 in the drink tracker, today!!

Yahoo!!

Love and see you all tomorrow and heading for another sober day!!

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X