Thursday 6th March Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everyone, since last week, each morning when I get up I feel so pleased with myself, so thankful that I have had a great night's sleep and another AF day under my belt that I can't wait to come on here. So here I am once again starting the thread, hope its okay but you're probably still tucked up in bed Mary dreaming of all those lovely recipies!!!

Cowgal, hope you are feeling better and that the Dr gave you something to get you put right in time for your holidays. I too am on anti-biotics for my wisdom tooth and feel pretty grotty so I'm off work today.

4theboyz - my husband has had many hernia ops over the years, his last one was in December and he was up and about in no time. I think they encourage you now to get moving asap to avoid any embolisms. So, you'll be back to your normal active self in no time!!

Cindi, you have so much going on in your life right now and yet you are managing to stay strong. Be kind to yourself. You know you have many many friends here who think the world of you.

Garden Girl - same for you - try and be positive and look at what you have achieved this last week. 7 days out of 10 is amazing! Thats why its so important you keep posting here otherwise you may not have realised just what you have achieved!

Mary, hope you had a lovely day with the grandchildren and your cooking class. I know what you mean about being able to take part now. The last two weekends we will have had social acitivies and I would normally have backed out at the last minute. Alcohol has zapped my self esteem and confidence for occasions like that but no more - I'm working on it bigtime!!

To everyone else - Charlee, Jimmy (Det's right, day 3 is a turning point), Det (take care on the road my friend), Aqua, Thankful, have a great day and thank you for your motivating posts, keep them coming. They keep me going.

love and best wishes,

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Hello, I don't post on here very often but I pretty much come on here every day and read things to keep me motivated. Tomorrow I'll be 4 weeks AF and feeling pretty pleased with myself. I'm nearly at 30 days! Woo hoo!

I've had a couple of moments of temptation but thanks to my husband and family and this place I've nearly hit the first big target.

Hope everybody else is feeling optimistic and hopeful for today :-)
    'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
    From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

Morning, all. Thanks for getting us started, Janice!
      Well done, Hovercat on almost a whole month AF. Way to go!! I'm feeling very optimistic today...despite battling a dreadful cold/sore throat, etc. In the past, getting a cold was just another excuse to "medicate" with AL...but it sure didn't help the way I felt the next morning. So, even though I'm not feeling my normal healthy self this morning, I'll be getting ready to go out for a run shortly. Being AF 30+ days makes a BIG difference. Happy day! :h
      ~K.

Comment

Good Morning all my Absville friends!!

The sky is blue, the birds are chirping and I woke up without a hangover. Life just doesn't get better than that!!

Janice, thank you for starting the thread today and what a great post it was!! I am so glad you are feeling up and strong these days.

Hovercat, Awesome!! 4 weeks is a huge milestone. Keep it going, you are doing great!

Kirova, So glad to hear that 30+ days does make you feel different. I'll be behind you..

Mary, I, too, hope you had a great time at the cooking class. It sounds like so much fun!!

Cowgal, It does my heart good to see you doing so well. Hang in there, we are doing this!!

Garden Girl, I am also happy to see you on this thread and working so hard at stringing those AF days together. You know, it is just going to "click" for you, it really will. Just don't give up.

Everyone else, please have a wonderful AF day so we can meet again in the morning over a cuppa and be smiling yet one more day!!

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everybody, I haven't been able to get on the computer for a few days. Glad to see you all doing
          so well. I am really struggling, I have been drinking on and off for a few days. I haven't been drunk
          but I only have to have a couple of drinks to make me feel guilty. I have been to a few AA meetings
          which I have found helpful. I wish I could feel more positive, but I haven't had or intend to have a drink
          today.
          Paula.

Comment

Janice: Many thanks for starting today. The mornings have been very busy lately.
            Cindi: You sound wonderful. Your daughter is getting the best medical treatment available. Make your own sobriety a priority.
            New-to-this-thread: Welcome. We love having new contributers come here & add words & thoughts. That's what makes this thread special.

I've been thinking about the 30 day abs rule that is suggested by MWO. It certainly makes a lot of sense. It takes 30 days:
            -to stop having those really strong urges.
            -to stop obssessing about alcohol.
            -to gain back some self-esteem.
            Once we get some of our confidence back, we can start to live life as a sober person. For me, it seems like a whole new world has opened up. I enjoy life so much more. There are all those opportunities for fun (like last night's cooking class) that I would have passed up if I had been drinking.

Today, my older g-son is coming for lunch, & we're going to bathe the dog & get him ready for the dog show Sat. Again, I would not be doing this if I were drinking...too much trouble, effort, etc. I don't even like to think about what I've missed out on over the years. Oh well, I can start now to enjoy life in a different way.

Take care everyone. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Morning all
              Got called for jury duty on Tuesday, went thru the process and was chosen to serve. Sould be a short case, but as I was getting ready this morning I had flashbacks of the past. If this was a few months ago I am sure I would have never been chosen in the first place, one look at the trembling hands, bloodshot eyes and "duh" mind...I wouldn't want me either!!....How could I possible sit thru an entire day......My mind would not be clear, I would fear I needed 100 pee breaks as I would have to consume gallons of water just to get myself hydrated prior, no eyedrop breaks..oh no!!, palpatations, sweaty hands, legs going a mile a minute, and the mental fear all eyes would be on me noticing the state I was in.
              I will be getting myself ready shortly and am actually looking forward to this new experience knowing I will be there 100%, both mentally and physically......just hope we have some smoke breaks!!
              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Charlee: Gosh! We put ourselves through so much w/our drinking. It amazes me. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Thursday!

Good morning abbers!! Cindi, thanks for the encouragement, just really read about what you are dealing with, hope your daughter is ok.................you will help her greatly by being AF, she and you will be in my thoughts and prayers...........

Janice, you sound wonderful, thanks for starting this thread today!

GG, good to see you here too...........keep going strong.

Hovercat, congrats on the AF time, that is great!!

Mary, the cooking sounds fun, good luck on the dog show, how exciting....yep, I think about all the great things I have missed out on in the past due to al intake, we only have today (and hopefully tomorrow) to make up for it, feeling badly about the past bothers me alot sometimes if I let it.................and I do sometimes.............

Kirova, sorry you are not feeling well either, have been battling a chest/head cold for a week now...............it stinks..........go to a doc cuz you might have to start antibiotic, I did yesterday, so hopefully will start feeling better soon................

Charlee, what an honor to be chosen for jury duty, it should be a learning experience at least...............being AF DOES help, huh?

Det, Paula and everyone else who joins this thread today...........have a great AF day!!!

love,

MA
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Mary
                    It is amazing....I didn't even include the flushed face, the dry mouth, the wobbly legs, the extra makeup, the growling stomach (from all that water!!), the lunch break that I would have no appetite for, and the clock watching, thinking OMG I am never going to make this, and the all important emergency pee when I finally got home...which was really finding that stash in the bathroom vanity, taking a few quick swigs, and thinking ahhhhhhh....I made it!!!.....Talk about stressfull!!!!
                    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good Morning Abbers!

I love all the positive energy of this group it really adds purpose to my daily perspective and wipes away the doubts I may have as to why I am here. Have an awesome AF Day in Absville everyone!!
                      Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                      Watch this and find out....
                      http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Hi Everyone, Day 6 for me. Yes it is so good to wake up and not be hungover. I don't even want to think about all the time I have wasted in my life recovering from the night before.
                        This might sound strange but sometimes I feel lucky to have gotten to the point to come to the realization of how awful alcohol really is. I think there are so many people out there who maybe haven't hit rock bottom but who center alot of their life activities around drinking and will probably never try to change and realize what they are missing. I know alot of them. Even though this is so difficult , and I pray I can keep moving forward, but the whole experience really enlightens you about yourself and just life I guess Do I wish I never got to this point and wasted so much time and energy- of course. But there truly is no point in looking back and maybe this whole thing will make me a much better person then I ever would have been. OK enough philosophying. Hope everyone has a really positive happy day. Aquamarine
                        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Good Morning everyone,

Hovercat, 4 weeks is great. I too think the 30 day AF is a great way to start. It gives such a positive momentum and for many seems to break a lot of the alcoholic urges.

Mary, Charlee, I too think of the things I missed when I was drinking. Anything early am or spontaneous stuff with my kids often passed me by...I either was too drunk to participate or thought that staying home drinking was a better option. That is just incomprehensible to me now. I just feel so much better now - 33 days!

Cindi, Cowgal glad to hear you sounding so positive even when things are tough.

Janice, thanks for starting us off. Your posts do make me miss the uk - I was lucky enought to have lived there for four years.

For all the newbies - just hang in there - it gets better.

Welcome to all those I haven't "met"

Have a great AF day everyone.
                          Beck
                          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hi, I'm just quickly stopping in to say hi.

I wanted to say to Paula, that a 70% is pretty good. Keep on trying. You are always welcome here!

Beck, you are sounding like an old timer already. It's good to hear you sounding so comfortable already.

Hello and love and hugs to all my friends, Mary, Deter, Thankful, Cindi, etc., it's great to see everyone here up and chirping so early in the morning. Special hugs on staying sober Cindi--you & Adrienne are in my thoughts.

:l:l
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Morning all. I had a major slip yesterday. My brother's wife died yesterday, she was 54 and battling brain cancer. So I went to my friend, BEER. Of course that did not help and I feel like crap today. I think I am an emotional pu**s% and that is why I drink. I will work on facing the issues without alcohol and deal with it.
                              Hope you all have a great day.
                              Love and Peace,
                              Phil
                              Love and Peace,
                              Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Working...
                              X