Deepak Chopra's book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deepak Chopra's book?

Has anyone read "freedom from addiction'? and if so what did you think?
    TIA
    Twinsmommy
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Deepak Chopra's book?

Hi Twinsmommy,
    No I haven't read that particular book, but many of Deepaks other books.
    Would love to know more......sounds interesting.
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

You can check it out on his site. deepakchopra.com (as if you didn't know LOL) on Amazon they have an excerpt (sp) He wrote it with someone else, combining eastern wisdom traditions and western med (I think) to help with all addictions. I am gonna go ahead and order it. I will let you know what I think. You let me know if you get it first !!! :-) I heard about it on his show on Serious radio. Do you have that?
      One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

Hello twinsmommy,
        Yes I have read it and found it to be insightful. It gave me an insight to what drinking was replacing in my spiritual life. I hope you enjoy it, flyinhigh

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

Oh I am so happy to haer that!!!!! Anything you can share please do. I do not have the book yet and can't find it in the area so I have to order it. I have known for a long ime that my drinking is a symptom but I don't know how to figure out what I am missing.
          hugs and thanks i am very excited to get the book

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

The book really broke down the diff. between AL addiction and AL dependnece. It also walked me through the stages of alcoholism...the first signs, what comes next (blackouts) then what comes next. This was my personal alarm clock, i did not want to head into the next step. He then breaks down different doshas and gives advice on what method of "recovery" may work for you. His book is not limited to just alcohol, (i wish it was) though the other addiction are interesting to read. Good luck!
            Also I don't know if you need to figure what is missing, but how to let go?
            hope this help,

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

Thanks to all that posted on this thread. I have great respect for him and will buy the book. :h
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

Yes, I think I will buy it too now....if I can find it..
                Thanks
                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

It is amazing

Dang TM,I wish i still had it...I read it a couple of years ago...I don't have tiome to read your replies,I'm sure others will tell you more about it...it is awesome.The best thing I remember about it,the nugget i took from it that was my favorite was that Deepak (whom I LOVE,by the way-I went to his center in California last year for a week-best week of my LIFE) made me feel so much better about myself in explaining that people who have addictions are simply restless...as in we actually ARE very intelligent and aren't just lazy and not wanting from life,but a llot of times just the opposite-frustrated that we keep coming up short of the excitement and fulfillment that we are trying to find.I don't know that i am really explaining this properly,but I felt a real "aha"!That is me!!I amtotally addicted to wanting to always enjoy life to the fullest and am a LOT of the time feeling stifled by "ordinary life",as much as I am graeful for my "ordinary life",does that make sense?Now,that doesn't mean that the way we go about trtying to FULFIULL those wants and needs is appropriate...oh my god,no!that is not what he is saying at all :H...but,whew,how nice to have someone put your addiction in a light such as this ALONG with obviously,all of the other negative things that we have to accept too.That we are simply misguided in our attemts for fulfillment and enlightentment.Getting enlightentened by your vodka or bud light every night just doesn't work very well after a while,damnit......it's so not fair:upset:...hey,i think you were trying to decide whther to buy it?go get it girl!!!you will love it!Tell me what you think after you read it!You just reminded me of it,I think i'm gonna go get it again,it was great .Have a nice rest of your day,sweetie!:l
                  :lRebecca

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

Twinsmommy,

I just ordered it yesterday, am looking forward to it. Oh, and by the way, I am a twins mommy too!

Best
                    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

I'm considering ordering this book now too! I have other books by Deepak and I'm a fan of his.
                      Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

Deepak Chopra's book?

Great book!
                        I read it a couple of years ago when I quit smoking -- think I'll give it another read this weekend as I'm about to embark on my twak free life again.
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                        X